first time nitrous - Page 2 - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > PERFORMANCE BASICS RSX > Nitrous Oxide RSX
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 03-24-2014, 12:55 PM   #26
Bflaker
Nikon & Nitrous Crew

Bflaker is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Every nitrous setup uses a WOT switch. In K-pro it uses the TPS signal. All I have to do is flip a switch in my center console and then once all the parameters are met the nitrous will spray. No worrying about holding down a switch or anything like that.
Advertisement

Old 04-03-2014, 04:33 PM   #27
xxyauxxdc5
DC5

xxyauxxdc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx xxyauxxdc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx xxyauxxdc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx xxyauxxdc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx xxyauxxdc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx xxyauxxdc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx xxyauxxdc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx xxyauxxdc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx xxyauxxdc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bflaker View Post
Every nitrous setup uses a WOT switch. In K-pro it uses the TPS signal. All I have to do is flip a switch in my center console and then once all the parameters are met the nitrous will spray. No worrying about holding down a switch or anything like that.
for the link you sent me, is everything included? so id just need id 1000s and that kit? really interested in making the leap. im running 12.5:1 compression. should that be a concern?
xxyauxxdc5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 02:42 PM   #28
Bflaker
Nikon & Nitrous Crew

Bflaker is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Should be everything you need to get started. Just follow the how to for hooking up a dry kit through k-pro and you'll be good to go. High compression motors like nitrous. It's not like when you go with boost and you have to keep the compression ratio low.

Old 04-06-2014, 11:49 PM   #29
rushdylan

rushdylan is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx rushdylan is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx rushdylan is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx rushdylan is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx rushdylan is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx rushdylan is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx rushdylan is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx rushdylan is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
WOW, this thread blew up since ive looked at it about 5 weeks ago! mavericks view on nitrous is so insane LOL. as i stated above, i've had a 400+awhp subaru which was fun with big turbos and forged internals and all but he basically talked shit on me wanting to expand my knowledge and better understand and know a nitrous system. i love to have a huge knowledge base in my head and without knowing all about nitrous, i feel like i dont know a very crucial part of the performance car scene. i also believe its less stress on the motor as long as you dont spray constantly. my car can be stock and have turbo power with the flip of a switch. why wouldnt i want good MPG and badass power whenever needed? his point is absolutely insane. a car in full boost in my opinion has more stress than nitrous. an rsx with compression ratio of 10:1 at like 10lbs of boost would have an equal compression ratio of like 25:1. like you said, he just thinks nitrous is explosive like on fast and the furious. maybe we should explain how gas is also flammable and he fills it into his car all the time
rushdylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 01:13 AM   #30
xxyauxxdc5
DC5

xxyauxxdc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx xxyauxxdc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx xxyauxxdc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx xxyauxxdc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx xxyauxxdc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx xxyauxxdc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx xxyauxxdc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx xxyauxxdc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx xxyauxxdc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by rushdylan View Post
WOW, this thread blew up since ive looked at it about 5 weeks ago! mavericks view on nitrous is so insane LOL. as i stated above, i've had a 400+awhp subaru which was fun with big turbos and forged internals and all but he basically talked shit on me wanting to expand my knowledge and better understand and know a nitrous system. i love to have a huge knowledge base in my head and without knowing all about nitrous, i feel like i dont know a very crucial part of the performance car scene. i also believe its less stress on the motor as long as you dont spray constantly. my car can be stock and have turbo power with the flip of a switch. why wouldnt i want good MPG and badass power whenever needed? his point is absolutely insane. a car in full boost in my opinion has more stress than nitrous. an rsx with compression ratio of 10:1 at like 10lbs of boost would have an equal compression ratio of like 25:1. like you said, he just thinks nitrous is explosive like on fast and the furious. maybe we should explain how gas is also flammable and he fills it into his car all the time
my compression is already 12.5:1 so if I spray nitrous its gonna be over 30? lol
Old 04-07-2014, 08:25 PM   #31
rushdylan

rushdylan is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx rushdylan is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx rushdylan is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx rushdylan is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx rushdylan is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx rushdylan is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx rushdylan is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx rushdylan is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxyauxxdc5 View Post
my compression is already 12.5:1 so if I spray nitrous its gonna be over 30? lol
you should re-read my post before you attempt to pick it apart. i said a boosted engine in full boost has a HUGE compression equality. a 10:1 engine at 30psi is equal to like 17:1 compression. i never said nitrous will raise the compression. your logic saying boost will be healthier for your motor makes no sense. do you even know the EGT's on a boosted car at full boost? its huge. im willing to bet money that if i sprayed once every 3 days which is the likely amount i would spray, would be MUCH healthier for the motor than a full boost 1-4 pull with at least a decent sized turbo.
Old 04-07-2014, 10:17 PM   #32
xxyauxxdc5
DC5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushdylan View Post
you should re-read my post before you attempt to pick it apart. i said a boosted engine in full boost has a HUGE compression equality. a 10:1 engine at 30psi is equal to like 17:1 compression. i never said nitrous will raise the compression. your logic saying boost will be healthier for your motor makes no sense. do you even know the EGT's on a boosted car at full boost? its huge. im willing to bet money that if i sprayed once every 3 days which is the likely amount i would spray, would be MUCH healthier for the motor than a full boost 1-4 pull with at least a decent sized turbo.
I may be lost but I never said turbo was healtier than nos. You may have confused me with someone else. Either way, I do agree with you that spraying nitrous is perfectly safer than turbo with a great tune. Still in the process of buying my nos kit. I will keep you guys updated thanks
Old 04-07-2014, 10:24 PM   #33
rushdylan

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxyauxxdc5 View Post
I may be lost but I never said turbo was healtier than nos. You may have confused me with someone else. Either way, I do agree with you that spraying nitrous is perfectly safer than turbo with a great tune. Still in the process of buying my nos kit. I will keep you guys updated thanks
no worries, i thought i read in one of your first posts saying forced induction was better and more reliable for the engine. let us know on your kit. i still have zero real life experience with nitrous but super eager to learn
Old 05-25-2014, 02:02 PM   #34
GrumpyGrinch45
Banned

GrumpyGrinch45 gets around and is known
GrumpyGrinch45 gets around and is known GrumpyGrinch45 gets around and is known GrumpyGrinch45 gets around and is known GrumpyGrinch45 gets around and is known GrumpyGrinch45 gets around and is known GrumpyGrinch45 gets around and is known GrumpyGrinch45 gets around and is known GrumpyGrinch45 gets around and is known GrumpyGrinch45 gets around and is known GrumpyGrinch45 gets around and is known GrumpyGrinch45 gets around and is known GrumpyGrinch45 gets around and is known GrumpyGrinch45 gets around and is known GrumpyGrinch45 gets around and is known
damn, the nitrous scene is dead. I remember a few years back it was popping. a sweet combo that people liked was a supercharged nitrous setup. I had all that shit ready to install until i was offered a turbo kit a few days before install lol.
GrumpyGrinch45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 02:38 PM   #35
Big Black Boss
Perpetrator

Big Black Boss has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by elcastor45 View Post
damn, the nitrous scene is dead. I remember a few years back it was popping.
"Nitrous scene" has been around a lot longer than that....I'm an old man.
Big Black Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 03:33 PM   #36
GrumpyGrinch45
Banned

GrumpyGrinch45 gets around and is known
GrumpyGrinch45 gets around and is known GrumpyGrinch45 gets around and is known GrumpyGrinch45 gets around and is known GrumpyGrinch45 gets around and is known GrumpyGrinch45 gets around and is known GrumpyGrinch45 gets around and is known GrumpyGrinch45 gets around and is known GrumpyGrinch45 gets around and is known GrumpyGrinch45 gets around and is known GrumpyGrinch45 gets around and is known GrumpyGrinch45 gets around and is known GrumpyGrinch45 gets around and is known GrumpyGrinch45 gets around and is known GrumpyGrinch45 gets around and is known
Quote:
Originally Posted by CM117 View Post
"Nitrous scene" has been around a lot longer than that....I'm an old man.
i meant in the rsx world, back when i first joined.
GrumpyGrinch45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 12:50 AM   #37
xxyauxxdc5
DC5

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcastor45 View Post
i meant in the rsx world, back when i first joined.
I might make the leap soon.
Old 06-02-2014, 07:15 AM   #38
rsxonic

rsxonic is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Im also interested in going nitrous. If i were to get the wet kit 50 shot, what else do i need? Mods are cai/rh/ktuner reflash/ stock exhaust.
Old 06-02-2014, 06:38 PM   #39
J-Money
NVMENOT

J-Money is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick_dc5 View Post
you just said that youve had all the power adders,,,,,,then you said that you would go turbo or supercharged if you could afford them but you cant, so you dont......dont contradict yourself in the same damn paragraph man.

once again metal heating and cooling are not falsehoods or myths. engines are designed to heat and cool at certain rates depending upon the metals and alloys that they are made from. No one in their right mind will ever say nitrous is more or just as reliable as turbo or supercharger applications....does nitrous provide more bang for the buck? of course. however it comes at a price: greatly accelerated engine wear. and then you might say well im not on spray all the time. and to that i would say well then what the hell is the point of it? except for those 3-5 seconds you are spraying you are just a 190hp rsx.

i dont care about being fast in a straight line, thats why i dropped the whole nitrous idea. its retarded to think about going fast in a front wheel drive street car, if speed is what you want, why did you buy and rsx? idc how much nitrous you have you will never beat an awd car or a car with more displacement, better tires, better power to weight ratio ON NITROUS. lol. sounds more like youre the Fast and Furious fan to me. Youre the kinda guy that puts a body kit and 250 shot of nitrous on a Chevy Cavalier.

The DC5 was made for road racing plain and simple, so go ahead and tell me thats a falsehood.
so much fail in this post.

Your first paragraph, you are making fun of the guy, for something he didn't even say...fail.

Second paragraph about engine heating and cooling, you act like nitrous is making your engine freeze, no, it's just cooling the air intake, and since you know nothing about cars, cooler air is a good thing. Also, nitrous wears down the engine just as much as turbo or SC boost, except not as often, which means it's not as hard on your engine. It really all depends on how much nitrous or boost you put through your engine, to determine how much wear it puts on the engine....so fail there again on your part.

Third paragraph, there's always a faster car out there, so you might as well knock on turbos and SC's. You bought an RSX as a track car? are you nuts? there are WAY better cars out there for a race track. Don't you know anything?....FAIL!

I honestly hope you don't ever come back in this thread (even if that means I wrote this for nothing), or on any car related thread for that matter, as you don't seem to be able to bring anything to the table.
J-Money is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 06:43 PM   #40
J-Money
NVMENOT

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsxonic View Post
Im also interested in going nitrous. If i were to get the wet kit 50 shot, what else do i need? Mods are cai/rh/ktuner reflash/ stock exhaust.
most, if not all kits don't come with a bottle warmer, you'll need one of those. You'll also need a purge kit. Window switch. Blowdown tube is good for safety. If there's too much pressure in your bottle, the blowdown tube will release the pressure under your car. There are other little safely gadgets you can get, but aren't necessary. If you go to a reputable shop, they can fill you in on what you need. if you plan on installing yourself, i'd do a lot more research on what you could use for safety purposes. But what I mentioned is the majority of it. You'll spend a good 1600-2000 dollars for a solid nitrous setup. If you don't have any hook-ups.

Last edited by J-Money; 06-02-2014 at 06:45 PM..
Old 06-03-2014, 05:37 PM   #41
rsxonic

rsxonic is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
damn wasn't expecting it'll cost me around that price range for decent nitrous setup.
Old 06-03-2014, 08:05 PM   #42
J-Money
NVMENOT

yeah, the wet zex kit is roughly $600. purge kit is another 100, bottle heater is another 200, window switch can range from $50-150. So that's roughly a grand there. didn't even mention any of the other safety equipment, gauges if you want them, remote bottle opener, etc. but in the grand scheme of things, it's still much cheaper than turbo/SC, and you can go just as fast, or faster with just the change of the jets. which takes all of 5 minutes. granted, if you change the jet sizes, you should dyno tune the car, to make sure you aren't running rich or lean, but with gauges, you could probably get away with not needing a dyno tune, unless you need to retard the timing.

Last edited by J-Money; 06-03-2014 at 08:08 PM..
Old 02-12-2015, 04:24 PM   #43
all<dc5
NA Today

all<dc5 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx all<dc5 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx all<dc5 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx all<dc5 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx all<dc5 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx all<dc5 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx all<dc5 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx all<dc5 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick_dc5 View Post
unless you inherited this car and have alot of money and time to waste or youre just bored, idk who would spray a fwd rsx...just doesnt make sense. 300+ hp and all you will do is spin while an eagle talon or evo or sti is bus lengths ahead.

do you see greddy, HKS, Spoon, Jun Racing, Js Racing, Jackson Racing, COmptech or the other plethora of Japanese/ American performance auto builders making nitrous kits??

even on the drag strip, where i guess you want to be, fwd cars are turboed all day. yes some do supplement with nitrous or meth injection, but turbo is where you make the smooth power that you can crank up and have better control of.
Uhhhh Hondata sells a traction control system for RSXs yaa knowww
all<dc5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 02:48 PM   #44
dc5krew

dc5krew is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc5krew is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc5krew is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc5krew is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc5krew is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc5krew is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc5krew is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc5krew is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Definitely going all in for nitrous. I was gonna buy a turbo kit but didn't wanna blow 3-6 k keeping up with it including maintaince. I've seen Bflakers vids on YouTube and honestly that's wht gave me modivation. I have Kpro already along with k&n intake. I'm planning on getting a RH and exhaust. Also have a rbc manifold. Sooo in the market for a nitrous kit. I wanna spend around 2k for everything including bolt ons
dc5krew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 12:56 PM   #45
T-MORE09

T-MORE09 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx T-MORE09 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx T-MORE09 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx T-MORE09 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx T-MORE09 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx T-MORE09 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx T-MORE09 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx T-MORE09 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx
Zex

To clearify everything until now you can run 50 (or lower) through 75 wet shot without a tune. that said like what everyone said "wet" is safer however if you're looking into the means of better controlling your nitrous then "dry" kit is the way to go. Reason being is because you are running the dry kit to KPRO so it can activate, add fuel, deactive upon set RPM redline, etc. I don't have KPRO BUT I do have KTUNER.

KTUNER doesn't offer the feats of KPRO oin nitrous but you can still tune your car (KTUNER is for 05-06 RSX-S but now available to other models even 02-04 RSX-S. You'll need the jumper harnest though vise versa to KPRO going to 05-06 RSX-S).

I'm currently running the same ZEX wet kit that I had in my EJ1 & AP1. I was on a 55 shot but now I'm on a 75-80 shot. Reason I said 75-80 is that to run 75 shot you must have a 41nitrous pill and 23fuel pill (on NOS fogger) while I'm on 42nitrous and 24fuel. If someone can tell me what shot that is that'll be awesome. My hunch is it's an 80 shot.

Look out for your A/F colder spark plug before you slap on the bottle, and PSI for both fuel rail and bottle. A gauge for both is your friend. All and all my K20Z1 is taking the laughing gas well on the slightly more 75 shot pill (80shot until someone corrects me), I'm going to datalog it sometime today and see where I stand with the rest of my nitrous peeps. I'm getting a tune on 100 shot hopefully before my B-DAY
Old 08-27-2015, 08:30 PM   #46
Dc5Dp
Master Member

Dc5Dp is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dc5Dp is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dc5Dp is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dc5Dp is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dc5Dp is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dc5Dp is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dc5Dp is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dc5Dp is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dc5Dp is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
I had actually considered going Nitrous on my setup... Car makes great Power already NA but there is just no more power to be made from the engine without boosting it, or honing out the cylinders, anyone ever run nitrous on a high hp E85 setup with high compression and seen what a car has made before?
K24/K20 308/203
K24/K20 291/205
I builds.
Dc5Dp is offline   Reply With Quote