Tuning nitrous - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > PERFORMANCE BASICS RSX > Nitrous Oxide RSX
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 08-28-2015, 01:08 PM   #1
mrsx20

mrsx20 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mrsx20 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mrsx20 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mrsx20 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mrsx20 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mrsx20 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mrsx20 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mrsx20 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Tuning nitrous

Sorry if this is in the wrong section, i didnt know if i should post this here or in the tuning section. Ive been running on a 75 shot dry with kpro and ive been thinking about upping the shot to a 100, the idea is to start nitrous rich and pull an extra degree or two of timing and then start gradually taking out fuel and adding in timing as the revs go up. The goal is to run nitrous with out the sudden hit and have the prower clime up gradually, i tried it on the 75 shot and works well but i wanted to know if its any better for the motor or not and if it sounds suitable to run a 100 shot on the same system, i havent found anything like this so i thought might as well ask more experienced members
mrsx20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-29-2015, 05:23 PM   #2
m_kluch
kozak

m_kluch is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
As far as better for the motor goes...your idea of a gradual increase in power would be better for the motor. However, running rich is not better for the motor. If I were you I would just add another line/solenoid and run it as a two or three stage nitrous setup. you wouldn't want all 100hp in first or second gear anyways so you can do something like 50 hp in second gear and the additional 50 as you start third gear.

luvmyrsx
m_kluch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 05:07 AM   #3
mrsx20

mrsx20 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mrsx20 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mrsx20 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mrsx20 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mrsx20 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mrsx20 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mrsx20 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mrsx20 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
I was thinking about doing something like that since i already have the solenoids sitting around, other than foiling the plugs how is running rich bad for my engine considering i dont have a cat
mrsx20 is offline   Reply With Quote