Intake for nitrous. - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > PERFORMANCE BASICS RSX > Nitrous Oxide RSX
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 01-01-2018, 08:35 PM   #1
Cbt_123
Cbt_123

Cbt_123 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Cbt_123 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Cbt_123 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Cbt_123 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Cbt_123 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Cbt_123 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Cbt_123 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Cbt_123 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Intake for nitrous.

Alright, I've searched about as much as I can and haven't found an answer. From what I understand longer intake runners are better for torque, and short runners are better for hp.
I want that initial torque off the line and hp at the end. So what I'm planning on doing is put a base intake on my type s and run a single port fogger.
My questions are can it be done? Has it been done? What are the results?
Thanks.
Cbt_123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-20-2018, 11:11 PM   #2
m_kluch
kozak

m_kluch is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
If the tube diameter where it connects to the TB is the same than it can be done. Should it be done? No! Don't waste your time worrying about intake design. The differences in length make a very small difference on the power delivery. Just get a CAI and don't think twice about it.
"longer intake runners are better for torque, and short runners are better for hp" is misleading. What you meant to say was that longer intake runners will produce more torque and hp at a lower rpm while shorter intake runners will produce more torque and hp at a higher rpm.

luvmyrsx
m_kluch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 01:09 AM   #3
all<dc5
NA Today

all<dc5 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx all<dc5 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx all<dc5 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx all<dc5 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx all<dc5 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx all<dc5 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx all<dc5 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx all<dc5 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx
Yeah don't bother putting a base intake manifold on.
all<dc5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-21-2018, 08:51 AM   #4
Type-Spaz
Hybrid-Racing.com

Type-Spaz has disabled reputation
a single intake take tube is not going to make enough torque/hp difference to even notice the power difference honestly.

Just throw any nice intake on which will be better than factory and install your nitrous. The nitrous will make the difference.

Plus we own hondas... they aren't designed for torque
Old 01-21-2018, 03:58 PM   #5
Cbt_123
Cbt_123

Cbt_123 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Cbt_123 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Cbt_123 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Cbt_123 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Cbt_123 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Cbt_123 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Cbt_123 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Cbt_123 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Cool, thanks.
Cbt_123 is offline   Reply With Quote