thule roof rack can fit - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > STYLE RSX > Exterior Mods RSX
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 12-09-2012, 02:51 PM   #1
Mike stassen

Mike stassen is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Mike stassen is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Mike stassen is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Mike stassen is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Mike stassen is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Mike stassen is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Mike stassen is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Mike stassen is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
thule roof rack can fit

lots of people say to just get the yakima rack. and obviously for best fitment that is the best way. for some of us however, we already have a full thule set up and just want to use it, instead of dropping another 500 more or less bucks on a new one.

my personal use for roof rack will be to transport snowboards and skis to the hills and mountains, therefore its not a heavy load. meaning i do not require the roof rack extensions.

i went through quite a lot of trial and error to find that the 2008 honda civic mounts fit the best. after lots of readjusting i found the perfect fit. it is very solid and not damaging the car.

these mounts are the curved style mounts as opposed to the rain gutter style mounts.

if you were to get some shorter arms to grad the door frame then this fitment would be ever better but i couldn't be bother.

so yes, you can use a thule roof rack on our little rsx's.

Mike stassen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-12-2012, 11:17 AM   #2
Captain722
bum tumblr-er

Captain722 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Captain722 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Captain722 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Captain722 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Captain722 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Captain722 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Captain722 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Captain722 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Very nice
I'll be getting one soon hopefully
05 Subaru Legacy GT -Sold
06 RSX-S
Instagram: @jstatic_
Captain722 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 02:46 AM   #3
ironman707

ironman707 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ironman707 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ironman707 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ironman707 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ironman707 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ironman707 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ironman707 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ironman707 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
What's the set up on this ?
Old 07-16-2013, 01:52 AM   #4
ironman707

ironman707 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ironman707 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ironman707 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ironman707 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ironman707 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ironman707 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ironman707 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ironman707 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
So from what I looked at the fit kit is 1551 for a 08 Honda civic just like you said, is that the kit that you have
Old 07-16-2013, 10:45 AM   #5
04a2
Constant Creepin

04a2 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 04a2 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 04a2 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 04a2 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 04a2 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 04a2 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 04a2 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 04a2 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
in for more pics from a distance
Old 08-15-2013, 12:53 AM   #6
polishskater7
Type s

polishskater7 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx polishskater7 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx polishskater7 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx polishskater7 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx polishskater7 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx polishskater7 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx polishskater7 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx polishskater7 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Does this require drilling any holes? Also does that go under the weather stripping and this a hard process?
Broke Student Crew #103

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mbgja6amUA1qb9nyp.gif
polishskater7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 07:05 PM   #7
vsnapshot

vsnapshot is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx vsnapshot is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx vsnapshot is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx vsnapshot is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx vsnapshot is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx vsnapshot is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx vsnapshot is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx vsnapshot is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Sweet set up.
vsnapshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 10:38 PM   #8
kraziestyles

kraziestyles is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx kraziestyles is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx kraziestyles is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx kraziestyles is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx kraziestyles is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx kraziestyles is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx kraziestyles is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx kraziestyles is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
I know that it's been years since this was first posted but do you have the part number for the fit kit from the 2008 Honda Civic? Is it a coupe? I'm having trouble finding what to get to use my Thule rack on our RSX. Please help. Thanks!
kraziestyles is offline   Reply With Quote