Ask Your Nitrous Questions Here! (Q/A Thread) - Page 4 - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > PERFORMANCE BASICS RSX > Nitrous Oxide RSX
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2004, 01:31 PM   #76
WarmPepsi
Master Member

WarmPepsi is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
(N/F)

n = nitrous jet
f = fuel jet

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-05-2004, 01:44 PM   #77
BG RSX
Hnda4lf...kind of

BG RSX is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarmPepsi
(N/F)

n = nitrous jet
f = fuel jet

that's what I thought, but what are the units?

75: 41/24

41 what? 24 what? %? so, a 75 would be 41% N20, %24 fuel, and 35% air?
...R.I.P.
Old 05-05-2004, 02:49 PM   #78
WarmPepsi
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BG RSX
that's what I thought, but what are the units?

75: 41/24

41 what? 24 what? %? so, a 75 would be 41% N20, %24 fuel, and 35% air?
no, jet size is the diameter hole drilled into the jet. i've honestly never asked or been told what the measurement is, (what unit, mm or what ).

Old 05-08-2004, 11:18 PM   #79
bjIII

bjIII is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Sup

This has helped me out a lot so far considering I know nothing about cars. First off, would it be safe to run 100 shot, considering I don't race and would probably rarely use it except for the first few times while showing friends. Yes, the main reason I want nitrous is for show but I still want a high shot just do every once in a while. Also, I saw where you said the user usually installs the nitrous but I was wondering if you could tell me an estimate at what I would be paying to get it installed because the cold air intake was hard enough and took two nights to do. And if it is kind of safe to run a 100 shot would there be any way to make it safer besides just colder plugs. Any info. will help.

Thanks
BJ

FS: 02 Tan Seats, Nology HotWires, Integra Type R Door Sills, Firepepper Red OEM Spoiler

Coming Up... -Ingalls Torque Dampner-ESMM-Shocks-Tires
Old 05-09-2004, 09:42 PM   #80
WarmPepsi
Master Member

i wouldn't run 100. 75 is my max.

honestly, if it took you 2 nights to do a cai, it'd take you a week, maybe 2 for this.

don't know, call around where you are and see if you can get some prices, i wouldn't have a clue what a shop would charge.
Old 05-10-2004, 01:21 AM   #81
Sacrifice
Gothic Hippie RSX tuner?

Sacrifice is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
I'd start asking questions, but I guess I'll back to the beginning and read. But I'm sure I'll be back with questions. It's time to start my education in nitrous.

I heard you're moving to florida Pepsi?
Injen, #4, Toda, Innovative, Ingalls, Quaife, ITR, Tanabe, Mugen, DC Sports, Comptech, DC Sports, Nuespeed, SSR, Toyo
------------------------------------------------
I don't know why everyone tries to cure thier insanity, I'm having a blast with mine.
Old 05-10-2004, 06:56 AM   #82
WarmPepsi
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacrifice
I'd start asking questions, but I guess I'll back to the beginning and read. But I'm sure I'll be back with questions. It's time to start my education in nitrous.

I heard you're moving to florida Pepsi?
yes sir, but try and keep this thread on topic, thanks
Old 05-10-2004, 06:44 PM   #83
ADAMS~K20Z
Menace II Society

ADAMS~K20Z is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
You can get your basic single fogger installed for anywhere between $250 and $500, depending on where you go... For example where I live I have a shop that will do the install for $350CDN I know they're fully capable and would trust them to do a good job.. On the other hand I would be purchasing the kit from a company called Mopac that would want about 8hours of labour at 90$ an hour for the install, and they garantee their install... They are also a huge sponcer for our local track out here www.missionracewaypark.com , maybe even an owner Im not postive though.. Also one of the very few places that fill N20 in the lower mainland...

Sum it all up... the price ranges but you get what you pay for... The installs not that difficult but if your like me you like to get things done right so your 100% sure your not going to blow your motor or you fuck something up... That piece of mind is priceless!!! So its your call...

Also I would probably start with the 50 shot and work your way up, trust me you will eventually get your way up to 100 with out a doubt.. maybe even 125!!!

Adam
Old 05-18-2004, 01:29 PM   #84
sensation612

sensation612 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
pepsi: in one of the thread u stated that NOS bottle openers wouldn't work on NX bottles without some modifications, what exactly would u have to modify? also does zex remote bottle openers work on NX bottles?
Old 05-18-2004, 02:15 PM   #85
WarmPepsi
Master Member

the nipple that comes with the nos one, won't fit in the nx bottle. also, it can't screw "in-line" with the nx bottle, because the threads are different.

because no line will constantly hold pressure i'm almost stuck with gettin a NOS bottle, or goin back to nx's opener
Old 05-18-2004, 02:39 PM   #86
BG RSX
Hnda4lf...kind of

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarmPepsi
the nipple that comes with the nos one, won't fit in the nx bottle. also, it can't screw "in-line" with the nx bottle, because the threads are different.

because no line will constantly hold pressure i'm almost stuck with gettin a NOS bottle, or goin back to nx's opener
i don't see why you can find a line that will hold the pressure. have you thought of EVERYTHING? I think all it would take is a small, solid line. Don't limit yourself to just what the N2O companies supplies. I work with 10kPa H2 in my fuel cell, and there is no problem holding that kind of pressure in a solid line.
...R.I.P.
Old 05-18-2004, 02:40 PM   #87
WarmPepsi
Master Member

Quote:
i don't see why you can find a line that will hold the pressure. have you thought of EVERYTHING? I think all it would take is a small, solid line. Don't limit yourself to just what the N2O companies supplies. I work with 10kPa H2 in my fuel cell, and there is no problem holding that kind of pressure in a solid line.
teflon is pourous to gas, i'm running a custom line right now, and it holds twice as long, but still leaks. Short of running a metal line, the stuff just slowly seeps out, and i've almost lost the urge to deal with it, ya know?
Old 05-19-2004, 08:43 AM   #88
BG RSX
Hnda4lf...kind of

so you're saying you just don't want to deal with a solid metal line? Or, are you saying that wont work either?

I know what you mean though. If you give up on it now, I'm sure you'll get the urge to mess with it again sometime in the future.
...R.I.P.
Old 05-19-2004, 03:29 PM   #89
WarmPepsi
Master Member

Quote:
so you're saying you just don't want to deal with a solid metal line? Or, are you saying that wont work either?

I know what you mean though. If you give up on it now, I'm sure you'll get the urge to mess with it again sometime in the future.
i don't wanna deal with a solid line. If anyone has a spare 15 lb NOS bottle around, or has one, i'd love to see if the thing would fit, i just hate the nx opener, and i haven't sprayed in for-life, because it's such a pain
Old 05-19-2004, 10:16 PM   #90
sensation612

sensation612 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
sell it to me
Old 05-25-2004, 09:39 PM   #91
chris97hds

chris97hds is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
RE: Nitrous O2

How safe is it for a stock engine?
Old 05-26-2004, 06:35 AM   #92
WarmPepsi
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris97hds
How safe is it for a stock engine?
with the right safety stuff, and run properly? i've heard of no malfunctions on the rsx, due to anything but user error.
Old 06-06-2004, 06:20 PM   #93
Mo
Banned

Mo is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
does anyone have forged internals running nos? And do they have forged rods and pistions for the base rsx?
Old 06-06-2004, 06:46 PM   #94
WarmPepsi
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSXn Mo
does anyone have forged internals running nos? And do they have forged rods and pistions for the base rsx?
not that i know of. stock has handled 125 fine. anything more, and i'd wonder why you're spraying instead of boosting.
Old 06-06-2004, 06:49 PM   #95
Mo
Banned

but say that I get forged rods and pistons, can i spray more than 125 right?
Old 06-06-2004, 06:52 PM   #96
WarmPepsi
Master Member

i think the stock bottom will hold it fine. the issues a few have gotten into was with head stuff, valves and such.

again, i don't reccomend spraying 125, and i don't recommend modding anything to spray 125 or more. if you want over 125, you should be goin a different route on a 2 liter engine.
Old 06-06-2004, 07:06 PM   #97
Mo
Banned

cool thanks for the advice.

which kit would you recommend me getting then. I want to run a 50-75 shot.

and what other things would you recommend, ive been reading all the stickies, but im still not sure on what do get.

Or is there a kit on the market that has absolutely everything that I would need.

and how much am I looking at spending here to run a safe nitrous setup on my base.

and warm pepsi thanks for the help i really appreciate it.

Mo
Old 06-07-2004, 07:49 AM   #98
WarmPepsi
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSXn Mo
cool thanks for the advice.

which kit would you recommend me getting then. I want to run a 50-75 shot.

and what other things would you recommend, ive been reading all the stickies, but im still not sure on what do get.

Or is there a kit on the market that has absolutely everything that I would need.

and how much am I looking at spending here to run a safe nitrous setup on my base.

and warm pepsi thanks for the help i really appreciate it.

Mo
most of us are running from 50-75. it's fairly potent, and it's fairly safe. It's a great compromise.''

The sticky has a lot of this info, and maybe more than i'll remember to say.

Nx + NOS are basically the same style kits.

The question to you, is do you want to run dry or wet? Wet is fine just as is (don't want hondata reflashes at all) and it'll take care of adding fuel + nitrous.

Dry basically requires the Hondata programmable computer ($1k if you don't have hondata yet) and it uses the stock injectors to add the extra fuel.

Some people have a preference, i've never used dry, and the overwhelming cost, and the lack of availability when i did my setup, make it not even an option.

For a basic kit, with the genx-2 upgrade, you're looking at around $1k. the upgrade comes with a bottle heater, blow down, purge, low fuel pressure sensor.

After that, if you want a remote opener, an rpm window switch, and at least a nitrous gauge to monitor your bottle pressure, you can tack on close to $500 easily. (plus a gauge needs a pod or a cup to mount it in).

this stuff adds up real quick. i estimate my system to cost around $1600.
Old 06-07-2004, 06:02 PM   #99
amctmg

amctmg is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Question

I have a question on adjusting timing and fuel through using a resistor on your IAT sensor plug.

can you adjust it enough for a dry nitrous kit to run safely at a 55 shot on the a3
Old 06-08-2004, 01:32 PM   #100
WarmPepsi
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amctmg
I have a question on adjusting timing and fuel through using a resistor on your IAT sensor plug.

can you adjust it enough for a dry nitrous kit to run safely at a 55 shot on the a3
i'm gonna give that a solid "no".

if you do such a thing, it's constant. i'm not sure of the specifics, but i'm fairly sure you wouldn't even gain near enough fuel.
Closed Thread