Ask Your Nitrous Questions Here! (Q/A Thread) - Page 5 - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > PERFORMANCE BASICS RSX > Nitrous Oxide RSX
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2004, 08:31 PM   #101
fried_rice_dawg

fried_rice_dawg is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
ok let me get this str8 ? so i wont come back in here crying later because im about to be a newbe with nitrous as well. a rsx can only be used with a wet system right? and once you have armed your nitrous it wont spray unless your at WOT. and a window switch is a predetermined setting that you will be spraying. oh let's say at between 3500 - 6500 rpm s and all saftys prevent a undesired spray .

im i following along so far?

well dose the amount of shot ( i notice most people going with a 50 shot) work evenly between a rsx-s and the 5spd base and auto base?

i have the 5spd base ( yea,yea whoa is me ) but anyhow i just want to know if the amout of shot is diff. its obvious the type-s can probably take a bigger shot but
was just curious is the base modles can take a 50
Advertisement

Old 06-09-2004, 08:34 PM   #102
WarmPepsi
Master Member

WarmPepsi is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
base can take a 50 fine. you have the right idea with it all though.
Old 06-09-2004, 10:22 PM   #103
sensation612

sensation612 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
kinda a newbe question but how do u tell if the fittings are 4AN, 6AN, etc? (if u have nothing to compare)

Last edited by sensation612; 06-09-2004 at 10:24 PM..

Old 06-10-2004, 02:56 PM   #104
WarmPepsi
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sensation612
kinda a newbe question but how do u tell if the fittings are 4AN, 6AN, etc? (if u have nothing to compare)
honestly, if theres an easy chart, that'd be awesome, but i just know them by size. You relate them to what you have. Like a bottle heater comes with a fitting, what size is that? ( no where near home or my bottle stuff )
Old 06-10-2004, 03:09 PM   #105
wdsonny

wdsonny is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
This might be of some help. d/k
www.pegasusautoracing.com/pdfs/077.pdf
Old 06-16-2004, 09:41 AM   #106
dang-m3

dang-m3 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
ok,,,,,,, i still have more questions....... i have been reading a lot on here and elsewhere, but still not 100% sure what i need.....

i plan on getting a 75 shot wet system, still not sure what one

other than what usually comes with a kit, i understand that i need,
fuel pressure guage
N2O pressure guage
window switch
blow down kit (opitional, but recomened for the track)
ik 24 plugs (recomended)
bottle warmer (recomended on clubrsx, but i live in the south and the local shop said most of the time wasn't really necessary here)
remote bottle opener (most in the know seem to think that after a short period of time they leak, and are not usually worth the expense.. says they need to be replace about every 6 month)
place to mount the guages (window piller pod, or somewhere else)

so please tell me if i need anything else,,,, i'm ready to spend some money and don't want to miss something that is important...

thanks for your help

Last edited by dang-m3; 06-16-2004 at 09:43 AM..
Old 06-16-2004, 09:45 AM   #107
WarmPepsi
Master Member

openers don't fail, the nx one has a clutch that i've never been able to properly adjust, and the nx one mounts on the bottle. (nos opener won't mount on nx bottle)

bottle warmer, not a must, but can be handy, and a must in colder climates.
Old 06-17-2004, 01:26 PM   #108
dang-m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarmPepsi
openers don't fail, the nx one has a clutch that i've never been able to properly adjust, and the nx one mounts on the bottle. (nos opener won't mount on nx bottle)

bottle warmer, not a must, but can be handy, and a must in colder climates.
i was told that the remote bottle openers usually have to be replaced after about six months or so, because the start to leak and lose pressure... this was told to me from the local shop around here that has put a lot of systems on, and have been doing this for years.... so can you recomend a remote bottle opener that doesent leak after a while?? i would love to have one but for the money they cost i don't want to have to keep replacing them.... and buy the way, have you had to replace yours?????
Old 06-18-2004, 10:38 AM   #109
WarmPepsi
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dang-m3
i was told that the remote bottle openers usually have to be replaced after about six months or so, because the start to leak and lose pressure... this was told to me from the local shop around here that has put a lot of systems on, and have been doing this for years.... so can you recomend a remote bottle opener that doesent leak after a while?? i would love to have one but for the money they cost i don't want to have to keep replacing them.... and buy the way, have you had to replace yours?????
as i said, i can't see it failing.

the nos one is the only one of the two that even COULD leak.

the nx one is basically a motor on top of the bottle, that turns the opener, just as your hand would. that CANNOT leak. but adjusting the clutch so that it opens all the way, but doesn't close it so hard that it can't open it again.... sucks.
Old 06-18-2004, 12:06 PM   #110
dang-m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarmPepsi
as i said, i can't see it failing.

the nos one is the only one of the two that even COULD leak.

the nx one is basically a motor on top of the bottle, that turns the opener, just as your hand would. that CANNOT leak. but adjusting the clutch so that it opens all the way, but doesn't close it so hard that it can't open it again.... sucks.
so this fine line between not closing it tite enough and closing it so tite that the remote doesn't work,,,,,, it will possibably either leak from not being closed enough, or it will be too tite and the remote doesn't work???? i'm sorry, i just wanna be clear before i consider getting one for my system when i order it.... it is something that i would love to have, but wouldn't want to spend the money on it and it either not work, or be more trouble than its worth...
'
thanks again
Old 06-18-2004, 01:40 PM   #111
ADAMS~K20Z
Menace II Society

ADAMS~K20Z is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Its only something that you would love to have if you race in the street a lot! If your going to be using it at the track for most of the time then don't buy it.. It's only a pain in the ass if your going to race at a light, and your valve is too far out of reach! Then you can't use it.
Old 06-18-2004, 03:27 PM   #112
k20a2racer
don't know

k20a2racer is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
mine is about a foot away from me in the seat. so its no prob to open anytime.
Old 06-18-2004, 04:11 PM   #113
WarmPepsi
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dang-m3
so this fine line between not closing it tite enough and closing it so tite that the remote doesn't work,,,,,, it will possibably either leak from not being closed enough, or it will be too tite and the remote doesn't work???? i'm sorry, i just wanna be clear before i consider getting one for my system when i order it.... it is something that i would love to have, but wouldn't want to spend the money on it and it either not work, or be more trouble than its worth...
'
thanks again
no, the nx one will not leak. the nos one is basically a selenoid. i have the nos one, and it's solid, but i can see where people could have a leak, since it's all dependant on the seal.

the nx one, if you master the clutch, (which i think i'm the only one who can't) works just fine.
Old 06-21-2004, 03:55 PM   #114
Kenshido R.
Shogun

Kenshido R. is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Do I have to use a wot setup or can I set it up where I spray anytime I choose.
Old 06-21-2004, 06:11 PM   #115
john smith

john smith is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
no you don't have to use a wot setup, but using one is reccomended for more reasons than i care to list.

Last edited by john smith; 06-21-2004 at 06:14 PM..
Old 06-21-2004, 06:47 PM   #116
sensation612

sensation612 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenshido R.
Do I have to use a wot setup or can I set it up where I spray anytime I choose.
its best to only spray at wot
Old 06-22-2004, 06:18 AM   #117
k20a2racer
don't know

YES! unless you like the idea of running like a 20:1 A/F.
Old 08-16-2004, 08:54 PM   #118
ssjmattz32
Master Member

ssjmattz32 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
could someone explain how to use a nitrous system to a noob like me?
assume i have a button that starts the flow... do i press the button and hold it? and when do i take it off... thanks and sry for noobin it
Old 08-16-2004, 10:00 PM   #119
k20a2racer
don't know

if you had the basics you would have a switch that arms the system and a switch that tell the solenoids when to spray. you will have a fuel and nitrous solenoid that will let each element flow through the solenoid. you would have nitrous from your bottle going to the n2o solenoid. and fuel from your fuel line going to your fuel solenoid. when you press the button the solenoids will open and the fuel and nitrous will flow through, into your intake. they will spray as long as you hold the button down. as a general rule you don't want to spray at low RPM's and you don't wanna spray for over 10 seconds ( i have a few friends that will do it up to 15 sec. but i don't really feel the need to), or at real high speeds. if you have a type-s like i do, i don't like to spray past 4th gear.

there is your 1 minute course in nitrous 101.

anything else i would advise you to read other threads in the nitrous forum and do searchs before asking simple questions. that way you don't get flamed on by assholes.

i was once a noob to the world of nitrous as well and know where your comming from so will will not flame you for your simple question that you could have done a simple search on. but think of doing a search first next time.
Old 08-16-2004, 11:49 PM   #120
ssjmattz32
Master Member

ssjmattz32 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
i did i did look but most of the people here are talking about the mechanical aspects of using laughing gas to boost their car and not how to use the buttons.. thanks tho ... and is there a delay in stopping the spray? like is there a danger that u might shift before the spray actually stops or no
Old 08-17-2004, 06:28 AM   #121
WarmPepsi
Master Member

nah, the sticky has some very basics.

this isn't fnf. you don't use momentary buttons. You have an activating switch (which arms everything), a wot switch ( wide open throttle ) which is only on when the pedal is to the floor, and most of the rest of us use a window switch, so you can only spray between say 4000 and 7800.

all of this good info and more is probably repeated a few times in this thread alone.
Old 09-06-2004, 03:42 AM   #122
iman 173

iman 173 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
ok well i read this 5 page tread and havent heard of anyone using 35, im kinda scared of doin anything to my car so i wanna start with 35 and work my way up to 75, since ive never used nos before would i still blow the valves with the 35 shot if i screw up or would i do less damage? and is a 35 shot easly noticible or should i just go to 50 shot instead? i realy wanna make sure nothing goes wrong.
Old 09-06-2004, 09:14 AM   #123
WarmPepsi
Master Member

you can blow your engine, lots of ways.

nitrous just being the easiest.

35 is fine, it's a good setup rate to let you check and make sure you installed everything correctly. It'll pull just a bit, but not very hard. You'll know it hit though.

start small, make sure it all works, then go to 50 or 75, both still fairly safe with the right safety's/gauges.
Old 09-22-2004, 09:31 PM   #124
RsX-X
Satin Silver SS

RsX-X might be well recognized one day on c-rsx RsX-X might be well recognized one day on c-rsx RsX-X might be well recognized one day on c-rsx RsX-X might be well recognized one day on c-rsx RsX-X might be well recognized one day on c-rsx RsX-X might be well recognized one day on c-rsx RsX-X might be well recognized one day on c-rsx RsX-X might be well recognized one day on c-rsx
i leased my base auto. dont have the $$$ for turbo. can i install a nitrous kit and take it off easily when i need to return my car? sry for the noob post!
Old 09-23-2004, 12:07 PM   #125
Alpha Zero
JLA Bitches!

Alpha Zero has a clean start Alpha Zero has a clean start Alpha Zero has a clean start Alpha Zero has a clean start
Quote:
Originally Posted by RsX-X
i leased my base auto. dont have the $$$ for turbo. can i install a nitrous kit and take it off easily when i need to return my car? sry for the noob post!
Yes, just make sure you understand exactly how to use the system and soak in as much info as you can. You don't want to blow up a lease you know.

^Punch^
Closed Thread