Nitrous *CHAT*...Ima spray it till my shit hits the fan - Page 2 - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > PERFORMANCE BASICS RSX > Nitrous Oxide RSX
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 01-11-2009, 03:00 AM   #26
dc5 types
dc5 types

dc5 types is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
also, there aren't any CELs or error codes, which also makes me think i've done more to the engine than i thought. all the electronic parts are working fine
dc5 types is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-11-2009, 03:00 AM   #27
knwldge54
doesn't even have an RSX

knwldge54 is cool, not as cool as some though knwldge54 is cool, not as cool as some though knwldge54 is cool, not as cool as some though knwldge54 is cool, not as cool as some though knwldge54 is cool, not as cool as some though knwldge54 is cool, not as cool as some though knwldge54 is cool, not as cool as some though knwldge54 is cool, not as cool as some though knwldge54 is cool, not as cool as some though knwldge54 is cool, not as cool as some though knwldge54 is cool, not as cool as some though knwldge54 is cool, not as cool as some though knwldge54 is cool, not as cool as some though knwldge54 is cool, not as cool as some though
Ouch. Do post the result.
And it still hasn't thrown a code for random misfire on cylinder XX?
knwldge54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 03:30 AM   #28
dc5 types
dc5 types

Quote:
Originally Posted by knwldge54 View Post
Ouch. Do post the result.
And it still hasn't thrown a code for random misfire on cylinder XX?
still no codes..i did a datalog but laptop took a shit..soo, i'll just post up with results of compression check.

Old 01-11-2009, 01:34 PM   #29
Ravelin00
Master Member

Ravelin00 has a clean start Ravelin00 has a clean start Ravelin00 has a clean start Ravelin00 has a clean start Ravelin00 has a clean start
Quote:
Originally Posted by dc5 types View Post
also, there aren't any CELs or error codes, which also makes me think i've done more to the engine than i thought. all the electronic parts are working fine
... in for this tho we havent had a hurt motor from nitrous since ive started here

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshc View Post
i just got the the 440s, they been on the car since september
oh yeah i forgot, i knew that i just read it and thought you got something new
Old 01-11-2009, 09:56 PM   #30
CheapDC5

CheapDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CheapDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CheapDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CheapDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CheapDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CheapDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CheapDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CheapDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Cant wait to be spraying..
CheapDC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 12:35 AM   #31
dc5 types
dc5 types

i checked the compression..it was 160ish across the board except the #2 piston read 0. so now i know for a fact its internal, but i have to figure out if its the valves or the piston/rings. im gonna do some tests to check the rings by checking blow by through the oil cap with the car running. basically i was told to run the car, take off the cap, and feel how much air is coming through. i should feel a considerable amount of air if the rings are blown through..either way, its time to rebuild..the head? the block? however, i do know the compression is WAY down from a year ago when the pistons tested at 210psi.
Old 01-12-2009, 10:26 AM   #32
mr.almeida
I LOVE HATERS!

mr.almeida has been a little shit in the past
If I wanted to spray the shit out of the motor would it be my best bet to sleeve it? What kind of shot can a sleeved block hold? Right now I have I/H/E/RBC/IPS K2 Cams. Do I run the dry shot through the intake manifold?
Old 01-12-2009, 04:27 PM   #33
Ravelin00
Master Member

Ravelin00 has a clean start Ravelin00 has a clean start Ravelin00 has a clean start Ravelin00 has a clean start Ravelin00 has a clean start
Quote:
i checked the compression..it was 160ish across the board except the #2 piston read 0. so now i know for a fact its internal, but i have to figure out if its the valves or the piston/rings. im gonna do some tests to check the rings by checking blow by through the oil cap with the car running. basically i was told to run the car, take off the cap, and feel how much air is coming through. i should feel a considerable amount of air if the rings are blown through..either way, its time to rebuild..the head? the block? however, i do know the compression is WAY down from a year ago when the pistons tested at 210psi.
oh my thats not good, sorry bout your luck. Or you could look at it as motovation to build a new one

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.almeida View Post
If I wanted to spray the shit out of the motor would it be my best bet to sleeve it? What kind of shot can a sleeved block hold? Right now I have I/H/E/RBC/IPS K2 Cams. Do I run the dry shot through the intake manifold?
if you have kpro yes, read through the stickys
Old 01-14-2009, 01:46 PM   #34
99MustangGT
Master Member

99MustangGT has been a little shit in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.almeida View Post

Do some research, its all in this forum . I'll guarentee researching will help!
99MustangGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 05:01 PM   #35
JPSlick
Master Member

JPSlick is cool, not as cool as some though JPSlick is cool, not as cool as some though JPSlick is cool, not as cool as some though JPSlick is cool, not as cool as some though JPSlick is cool, not as cool as some though JPSlick is cool, not as cool as some though JPSlick is cool, not as cool as some though JPSlick is cool, not as cool as some though JPSlick is cool, not as cool as some though JPSlick is cool, not as cool as some though JPSlick is cool, not as cool as some though JPSlick is cool, not as cool as some though JPSlick is cool, not as cool as some though
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshc View Post
lol its all good, i was originaly gonna go with the 550s but o well, i went ahead and did the walbro 255 as well
You dont need a pump till you need like 750's. But, whatevs. (aka like 375WHP) And even then u can just do a return line system.
My Youtube Video Channel
JPSlick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 07:36 PM   #36
Chazzle
ɹʞɔɟuʞɔɥɔ

Chazzle is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPSlick View Post
You dont need a pump till you need like 750's. But, whatevs. (aka like 375WHP) And even then u can just do a return line system.
Another thing to consider is boost is a different animal.
With nitrous you are not fighting manifold pressure, thus I think 450 is possible w/o a pump.
Nitrous Crew #3
I/RH/Kpro/2-stages/dr 295whp/263wtq 12.87@108
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Chazzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 05:01 PM   #37
Ravelin00
Master Member

its cold as fawk out side about 15 degrees, and i spin like crazy all the time, god i cant wait for spring
Old 01-19-2009, 01:01 AM   #38
dc5 types
dc5 types

ok, i know you guys have been waiting for word on what exactly was wrong with my engine. i pulled the engine a couple of days ago and today i pulled the head. one of the exhaust valves has 2 small chunks missing from it where the valve seats. it also has a hairline fracture. this is the cause of loss of compression. since the compression test revealed my rings are probably going out, its time to build. i've been doing some research and im going all motor for now and n2o. im planning on 11.7:1 compression wiseco pistons w/milled head and block to up the compression with a 2 layer head gasket. im thinking either supertech or blueprint valvetrain with flat valves 5 angle seats. i haven't made up my mind on what cams, but i know i can do those later on once i get the block ready.

i've done some searching, but i was curious what is the advantage of 90# valve springs have over 80# springs and how they compare to stock springs? i would guess they are better for long duration/lift cams, but i want to know if 80# springs will work with say, crower stg 3 cams or toda spec Cs?

Last edited by dc5 types; 01-19-2009 at 01:09 AM.. Reason: umm
Old 01-19-2009, 05:20 PM   #39
JPSlick
Master Member

JPSlick is cool, not as cool as some though JPSlick is cool, not as cool as some though JPSlick is cool, not as cool as some though JPSlick is cool, not as cool as some though JPSlick is cool, not as cool as some though JPSlick is cool, not as cool as some though JPSlick is cool, not as cool as some though JPSlick is cool, not as cool as some though JPSlick is cool, not as cool as some though JPSlick is cool, not as cool as some though JPSlick is cool, not as cool as some though JPSlick is cool, not as cool as some though JPSlick is cool, not as cool as some though
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazzle View Post
Another thing to consider is boost is a different animal.
With nitrous you are not fighting manifold pressure, thus I think 450 is possible w/o a pump.
Truth, I didnt factor in the fuel pressure lost with boost as opposed to all motor setups.
My Youtube Video Channel
Old 01-19-2009, 06:38 PM   #40
Ravelin00
Master Member

[QUOTE=dc5 types;22735591] im planning on 11.7:1 compression wiseco pistons QUOTE]

just curious why you decided to do that when stock is 11.5:1, any specific reason
Old 01-20-2009, 05:20 PM   #41
JPSlick
Master Member

[QUOTE=Ravelin00;22751723]
Quote:
im planning on 11.7:1 compression wiseco pistons QUOTE]

just curious why you decided to do that when stock is 11.5:1, any specific reason
The extra 5 HP from increased compression of course (i kid)
My Youtube Video Channel
Old 01-20-2009, 08:08 PM   #42
knwldge54
doesn't even have an RSX

knwldge54 is cool, not as cool as some though knwldge54 is cool, not as cool as some though knwldge54 is cool, not as cool as some though knwldge54 is cool, not as cool as some though knwldge54 is cool, not as cool as some though knwldge54 is cool, not as cool as some though knwldge54 is cool, not as cool as some though knwldge54 is cool, not as cool as some though knwldge54 is cool, not as cool as some though knwldge54 is cool, not as cool as some though knwldge54 is cool, not as cool as some though knwldge54 is cool, not as cool as some though knwldge54 is cool, not as cool as some though knwldge54 is cool, not as cool as some though
Quote:

I thought the stock CR was 11:1.
Old 01-20-2009, 08:25 PM   #43
Ravelin00
Master Member

my bad, the type s is 11:1 the "honda integra" is 11.5:1 and base is something like 9.5:1 lol they suck

at least thats what google says
Old 01-21-2009, 07:25 AM   #44
Bflaker
Nikon & Nitrous Crew

Bflaker is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
ok, i know you guys have been waiting for word on what exactly was wrong with my engine. i pulled the engine a couple of days ago and today i pulled the head. one of the exhaust valves has 2 small chunks missing from it where the valve seats. it also has a hairline fracture. this is the cause of loss of compression. since the compression test revealed my rings are probably going out, its time to build. i've been doing some research and im going all motor for now and n2o. im planning on 11.7:1 compression wiseco pistons w/milled head and block to up the compression with a 2 layer head gasket. im thinking either supertech or blueprint valvetrain with flat valves 5 angle seats. i haven't made up my mind on what cams, but i know i can do those later on once i get the block ready.

i've done some searching, but i was curious what is the advantage of 90# valve springs have over 80# springs and how they compare to stock springs? i would guess they are better for long duration/lift cams, but i want to know if 80# springs will work with say, crower stg 3 cams or toda spec Cs?
Wrong Forum for those kinda questions. I could tell you pretty much anything about Nitrous with K-Pro, but I haven't even begun to mess with my internals yet.
Old 01-22-2009, 01:36 AM   #45
dc5 types
dc5 types

11:1

Quote:

stock is only 11.1:1, and for the money, i'd be better off investing in forged pistons. and with the build i.e. milled head, 2 layer head gasket, flat face valves..and now im thinking about going with 12.5: or 13:1 pistons and run race gas for track days. i don't plan on going boost, at least not with the k20. maybe down the road with a k24 built for boost.

reference stock compression, i've seen mixed results basically 11:1 or 11.1:1, either way that .1 doesn't make much of a difference. the k20a R motor is 11.5:1
Old 01-22-2009, 01:37 AM   #46
dc5 types
dc5 types

o sorry rav i didn't see you corrected yourself already..
Old 01-22-2009, 07:22 AM   #47
Bflaker
Nikon & Nitrous Crew

Bflaker is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
So what is everyones plans or goals for this spring?

I plan on upgrading my clutch(finally), and adding a second stage of spray(75 Primary, 50 Secondary) for a total of a 125 shot. That should be enough to get me into the 12's. I was able to pull a 13.20 on stock clutch and a 100shot this past season.

I'd like to do some more dress up and weight reduction too. Gotta have the show to match the go.
Old 01-22-2009, 08:10 AM   #48
Ravelin00
Master Member

my suspension is where im hurting (stock) so hopefully i can do something with that, i was planning on getting the ksport pro coilovers and some radials with my tax money but it doesnt look like im getting back what i thought i was so i guess thats going to bills now. i was planning on also using that karcepts plate to spray through but it looks like thats not going to be a good idea so i think im going to use a nozzle from a wet kit and do a 60 and 50 shot, maybe more ...

but im determined to be in the 12's sometime this summer also
Old 01-25-2009, 01:48 PM   #49
99MustangGT
Master Member

99MustangGT has been a little shit in the past
Just curious if anybody is running a wet-shot without k-pro. Is this possible, and if so how is it been working out for them?
99MustangGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 03:32 PM   #50
knwldge54
doesn't even have an RSX

^It's 100% possible. K-Pro is just such a good tool that anything else just seems, well, obsolete.