Ask Your Nitrous Questions Here! (Q/A Thread) Part II - Page 2 - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > PERFORMANCE BASICS RSX > Nitrous Oxide RSX
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 05-05-2010, 11:48 PM   #26
K20egcw
Got Juice??

K20egcw is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx K20egcw is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx K20egcw is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx K20egcw is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx K20egcw is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx K20egcw is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx K20egcw is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx K20egcw is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriniStylezDC5 View Post
how do i go about hooking up a dry shot?
There are a couple diagrams you can use here (http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=611219) that'll show you how to wire up a nitrous kit. Im assuming you already have Kpro as well, correct?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-06-2010, 06:02 PM   #27
EviL-S
Master Member

EviL-S is cool, not as cool as some though EviL-S is cool, not as cool as some though EviL-S is cool, not as cool as some though EviL-S is cool, not as cool as some though EviL-S is cool, not as cool as some though EviL-S is cool, not as cool as some though EviL-S is cool, not as cool as some though EviL-S is cool, not as cool as some though EviL-S is cool, not as cool as some though EviL-S is cool, not as cool as some though EviL-S is cool, not as cool as some though EviL-S is cool, not as cool as some though EviL-S is cool, not as cool as some though EviL-S is cool, not as cool as some though
Here is what I'm working with.. I bought a kit off a member here.. I'm piecin stuff together.. so far all I need is a bottle heater/pressure switch, nitrous gauge, injectors (ordering Friday) rdx 410's should be sufficient for a 75 shot.. kit is a direct port wet kit.. I'm thinking that I'm gonna eliminate the fuel solenoid and just wire it up using the single stage diagram through kpro.. waiting on parts above and 75a motor mounts.. then going to install it all.. dyno tune will immediately follow that.. here is a list of my mods:
K20Z1
RBC
Aeromotive FPR
RDX 410 Injectors
Hybrid Racing Fuel Rail
Hondata IMG
AEM CAI
DCRH
Greddy Ti-C 70mm (resonator removed)
Kpro
NOS direct port 75 shot
-6an SS fuel lines

I'm shooting for 300hp...
Here is a pic or two

Turbo GSR VSM EK Hatch
Old Stock Block - 352hp on 11psi, 6262
New, Fully Built - Numbers coming soon on BW s366

Last edited by EviL-S; 05-07-2010 at 07:58 AM..
EviL-S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 08:25 PM   #28
K20egcw
Got Juice??

K20egcw is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx K20egcw is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx K20egcw is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx K20egcw is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx K20egcw is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx K20egcw is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx K20egcw is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx K20egcw is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by EviL-S View Post
Here is what I'm working with.. I bought a kit off a member here.. I'm piecin stuff together.. so far all I need is a bottle heater/pressure switch, nitrous gauge, injectors (ordering Friday) rdx 410's should be sufficient for a 75 shot.. kit is a direct port wet kit.. I'm thinking that I'm gonna eliminate the fuel solenoid and just wire it up using the single stage diagram through kpro.. waiting on parts above and 75a motor mounts.. then going to install it all.. dyno tune will immediately follow that.. here is a list of my mods:
K20Z1
RBC
Aeromotive FPR
Hybrid Racing Fuel Rail
Hondata IMG
AEM CAI
DCRH
Greddy Ti-C 70mm (resonator removed)
Kpro
NOS direct port 75 shot
-6an SS fuel lines

I'm shooting for 300hp...
Here is a pic or two

Thats a nice lookin setup, I like how there is 9* fittings off the nozzles.

Old 05-07-2010, 07:56 AM   #29
EviL-S
Master Member

EviL-S is cool, not as cool as some though EviL-S is cool, not as cool as some though EviL-S is cool, not as cool as some though EviL-S is cool, not as cool as some though EviL-S is cool, not as cool as some though EviL-S is cool, not as cool as some though EviL-S is cool, not as cool as some though EviL-S is cool, not as cool as some though EviL-S is cool, not as cool as some though EviL-S is cool, not as cool as some though EviL-S is cool, not as cool as some though EviL-S is cool, not as cool as some though EviL-S is cool, not as cool as some though EviL-S is cool, not as cool as some though
Quote:
Originally Posted by K20egcw View Post
Thats a nice lookin setup, I like how there is 9* fittings off the nozzles.
Thankyou.. yeah I'm hopin with my mods and a 75 shot I can break 300hp.. we will see..

Turbo GSR VSM EK Hatch
Old 05-07-2010, 12:41 PM   #30
method:K20Z1
cyprus

method:K20Z1 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
What's the inner diameter of your fuel lines? I found some nice looking black lines but I don't know what inner diameter I should use for a -6AN fitting.
method:K20Z1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 12:48 PM   #31
EviL-S
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by method:K20Z1 View Post
What's the inner diameter of your fuel lines? I found some nice looking black lines but I don't know what inner diameter I should use for a -6AN fittinbug.
When I bought the fitting I asked for stel braided hose to fit them and the guy told me the hose was also sized as -6an.. but he also told me that u had to use steel braided hose with those compression type fittings like where mine goes into the fpr.. but I honestly don't know the interior diameter of the hose..

Turbo GSR VSM EK Hatch
Old 05-07-2010, 12:57 PM   #32
EviL-S
Master Member

Try this link.. all the hoses are sized the same as all the fittings..

http://www.clubrsx.com/browse/cr/?fM...&universal=yes

Turbo GSR VSM EK Hatch
Old 05-07-2010, 03:39 PM   #33
K20egcw
Got Juice??

Quote:
Originally Posted by method:K20Z1 View Post
What's the inner diameter of your fuel lines? I found some nice looking black lines but I don't know what inner diameter I should use for a -6AN fitting.
Why dont you just run -6 hoses and fittings?
Old 05-07-2010, 03:54 PM   #34
EviL-S
Master Member

Quote:
Why dont you just run -6 hoses and fittings?
Yeah, that's what I said.. I gave him a link to the fuel line and fittings section..

Turbo GSR VSM EK Hatch
Old 05-07-2010, 11:21 PM   #35
method:K20Z1
cyprus

method:K20Z1 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
I found a black powder coated fuel line that I like. I'm pretty sure a line with a 3/8's ID is essentially the same size as a -6AN fitting but I was wondering if anyone knew for sure.
method:K20Z1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 12:10 AM   #36
K20egcw
Got Juice??

I think its pretty close, they also make nylon braided fuel lines in -6AN also.
Old 05-08-2010, 12:52 AM   #37
BuiltRSX
Master Member

BuiltRSX is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
where do you find the braided lines for the DP kit? Or do you just have to order like 4' and cut and make em yourself? I thought bout using braided lines on my kit instead of alumnium/steel hard lines.

Looking for weight loss, more muscle definition or an athletic edge? visit
www.justinstricklin.bodybyvi.com PM for more info if needed
BuiltRSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 01:46 AM   #38
K20egcw
Got Juice??

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuiltRSX View Post
where do you find the braided lines for the DP kit? Or do you just have to order like 4' and cut and make em yourself? I thought bout using braided lines on my kit instead of alumnium/steel hard lines.
Some places can order them in whatever length you'd like, but most places you buy the braided line can make your specific length too. You can make it yourself also, but I think the fittings are a little different cause the inner part is teflon instead of rubber and different end fittings..

Last edited by K20egcw; 05-08-2010 at 01:54 AM..
K20egcw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 12:48 PM   #39
TriniStylezDC5
highrevallday

TriniStylezDC5 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
There are a couple diagrams you can use here (http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=611219) that'll show you how to wire up a nitrous kit. Im assuming you already have Kpro as well, correct?
Thanks for the diagrams. Yea i have k-pro,rh,i,e,rbc. Im trying to keep everything hidden in my engine bay. Wheres the best place to run the 75 shot nozzle?
Old 05-11-2010, 02:47 AM   #40
K20egcw
Got Juice??

Like 5 or 6 inches from the TB
Old 05-11-2010, 01:08 PM   #41
ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ScubaSteve is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ScubaSteve is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ScubaSteve is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ScubaSteve is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ScubaSteve is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ScubaSteve is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ScubaSteve is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
I have another question, My nitrous line is drilled into my intake and its even with the temperature sensor. That could effect the performance of the car right?
Old 05-11-2010, 02:29 PM   #42
K20egcw
Got Juice??

If its even with your temp sensor you should be fine. Your nozzle should be facing towards the throttle body anyways so it shouldnt be a problem
Old 05-11-2010, 03:05 PM   #43
ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ScubaSteve is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ScubaSteve is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ScubaSteve is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ScubaSteve is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ScubaSteve is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ScubaSteve is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ScubaSteve is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
If its even with your temp sensor you should be fine. Your nozzle should be facing towards the throttle body anyways so it shouldnt be a problem
so wat do u think makes my vtec not kick in?? all motor, vtec works and it does kick in, it doesnt work when i use nitrous tho
Old 05-11-2010, 05:06 PM   #44
K20egcw
Got Juice??

Does it throw a CEL? Maybe your just not feeling it kick it cause of the spray?
Old 05-11-2010, 05:09 PM   #45
ScubaSteve

What is CEL, Whenever I spray while i race my vteck bogs out. Its wierd. I tried to run without the nitrous to see if it was the problem but when I run with just the fuel line it still bogs my vteck...

EDIT: My engine check light is on when I run the nitrous and when I use the spray it blinks. So I took a break from it till I know whats wrong with it.

Last edited by ScubaSteve; 05-11-2010 at 05:13 PM..
ScubaSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 06:05 PM   #46
BuiltRSX
Master Member

BuiltRSX is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
have you done a datalog? Or no Kpro? What arming and output pinouts is it on if using Kpro? How big a shot did you say you were spraying?

Oh, and on one run remove the AIT sensor from the intake, let it dangle and see what happens.

Looking for weight loss, more muscle definition or an athletic edge? visit
www.justinstricklin.bodybyvi.com PM for more info if needed
BuiltRSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 11:38 PM   #47
ScubaSteve

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuiltRSX View Post
have you done a datalog? Or no Kpro? What arming and output pinouts is it on if using Kpro? How big a shot did you say you were spraying?

Oh, and on one run remove the AIT sensor from the intake, let it dangle and see what happens.
No KPro, and I'm just running a simple 50 shot.
Old 05-12-2010, 12:03 AM   #48
K20egcw
Got Juice??

Are you sure your nozzle is jetted correctly? Sounds like its shooting more fuel then nitrous and causing your car to bog out during vtak.
Old 05-12-2010, 02:07 PM   #49
Slow98teg
Burning that corn fuel

Slow98teg is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Just picked up a complete dry kit for $200. Bottle heater too. It was a Zex kit. Came with jets #34, #36, and #38. Just from quick searching they go from 55-75 shot. That right? Just trying to get close to a 75 shot. I plan on running it as a single nozzle then piece together parts for a DP setup.
Old 05-12-2010, 06:16 PM   #50
K20egcw
Got Juice??

http://www.robietherobot.com/NitrousJetCalculator.htm

According to that the 38 should give you about 55whp, and down from the with the smaller ones