Car wont spray - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > PERFORMANCE BASICS RSX > Nitrous Oxide RSX
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 12-31-2010, 09:29 PM   #1
06orangetypes
Master Member

06orangetypes is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Car wont spray

Ive been spraying for over a year now with no problems. In june I wired it thru kpro and didnt have any issues until now. I havent sprayed in about two months until a week ago, and it wouldnt spray. Reloaded my previous calibration went out to test it and it sprayed for about 500 rpms and shut off. Tried it again and it wouldnt spray at all.

I recently hooked a shift light up and I used the same switched 12v as the nitrous switch. I also have my fuel pressure gauge and bottle heater hooked to the same switched 12v. Do you think its over loaded?

Tomorrow Im going to do a datalog and see if Im hitting lean cut. But wont the car shut off along with the spray? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Tim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-01-2011, 06:34 AM   #2
costansx
Master Member

costansx might be well recognized one day on c-rsx costansx might be well recognized one day on c-rsx costansx might be well recognized one day on c-rsx costansx might be well recognized one day on c-rsx costansx might be well recognized one day on c-rsx costansx might be well recognized one day on c-rsx costansx might be well recognized one day on c-rsx costansx might be well recognized one day on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06orangetypes View Post
Ive been spraying for over a year now with no problems. In june I wired it thru kpro and didnt have any issues until now. I havent sprayed in about two months until a week ago, and it wouldnt spray. Reloaded my previous calibration went out to test it and it sprayed for about 500 rpms and shut off. Tried it again and it wouldnt spray at all.

I recently hooked a shift light up and I used the same switched 12v as the nitrous switch. I also have my fuel pressure gauge and bottle heater hooked to the same switched 12v. Do you think its over loaded?

Tomorrow Im going to do a datalog and see if Im hitting lean cut. But wont the car shut off along with the spray? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Tim
check your nitrous selenoid,conect the two wires from it to your cars battery direct to hear if its openning ,that is commen they get stuck closed,if you dont hear any clicking sound every time you touch the wire on your battery sorry to tell you....You will need a new selenoid!
http://forums.clubrsx.com/album.php?albumid=1295
costansx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 06:44 AM   #3
06orangetypes
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by costansx View Post
check your nitrous selenoid,conect the two wires from it to your cars battery direct to hear if its openning ,that is commen they get stuck closed,if you dont hear any clicking sound every time you touch the wire on your battery sorry to tell you....You will need a new selenoid!
Thats one of the first things I did. It clicks on just fine. I also checked to see if my jet was clogged and it wasnt.

Old 01-01-2011, 09:15 AM   #4
costansx
Master Member

costansx might be well recognized one day on c-rsx costansx might be well recognized one day on c-rsx costansx might be well recognized one day on c-rsx costansx might be well recognized one day on c-rsx costansx might be well recognized one day on c-rsx costansx might be well recognized one day on c-rsx costansx might be well recognized one day on c-rsx costansx might be well recognized one day on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06orangetypes View Post
Thats one of the first things I did. It clicks on just fine. I also checked to see if my jet was clogged and it wasnt.
than your problem is for shure in the wiring that wont activate the selenoid!
http://forums.clubrsx.com/album.php?albumid=1295
costansx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 09:52 AM   #5
06orangetypes
Master Member

Yea Im going thru the wiring now. I think Ive got too much on my cig lighter power wire. Going to rewire to the ignition 12v under the steering wheel. Thanks for your help.
Old 01-02-2011, 07:13 AM   #6
hadi
Q8 fastest SC CTR

hadi is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
same thing happen with me be4.
but it wasnt from the wires or relay. it was from the solenoid filter. check it maybe its closed.
Old 01-03-2011, 08:29 AM   #7
06orangetypes
Master Member

I've never went and got one.
Old 01-04-2011, 04:47 PM   #8
Kennwoodruff

Kennwoodruff is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Kennwoodruff is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Kennwoodruff is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Kennwoodruff is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Kennwoodruff is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Kennwoodruff is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Kennwoodruff is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Kennwoodruff is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
i would check relay and check the solenoid filter. those filters are notorious for getting clogged up and messing things up.
Kennwoodruff is offline   Reply With Quote