can i run 100 shot without kpro? - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > PERFORMANCE BASICS RSX > Nitrous Oxide RSX
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 06-01-2011, 04:20 PM   #1
Allmotork24
All motor k son!!!

Allmotork24 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Allmotork24 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Allmotork24 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Allmotork24 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Allmotork24 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Allmotork24 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Allmotork24 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Allmotork24 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
can i run 100 shot without kpro?

i really want to run a direct port 100 shot on my car...would i b able to with out kpro?
Allmotork24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-01-2011, 04:21 PM   #2
Type-Spaz
Hybrid-Racing.com

Type-Spaz has disabled reputation
Why would you? To cheap to buy kpro and make sure everything runs correctly? Or just excited to blow some shit up? lol

You can run all the nitrous in the world without kpro... you can do any mods you want without kpro. Is it going to run the best? Probably not.. is it going to be the safest? Maybe not.. Your choice though
Old 06-01-2011, 04:27 PM   #3
Allmotork24
All motor k son!!!

Allmotork24 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Allmotork24 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Allmotork24 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Allmotork24 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Allmotork24 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Allmotork24 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Allmotork24 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Allmotork24 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
i have kpro already but i have yet to install it on the car and am not looking to do so until i get my pistons and toda cams.

Old 06-01-2011, 04:29 PM   #4
krystar
Master Member

krystar is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
u do know that installing kpro is like...5 minutes of work right? and it doesn't require you to install pistons and cams to work.

do u understand how to make a nitrous system work? you need to retard ignition for nitrous. especially with that big a shot.
This is the most work I've done at work EVER
krystar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 04:32 PM   #5
Allmotork24
All motor k son!!!

ive never really messed with a k series this is my first..ive only built b series and so on...and yes i understand how nitrious works i just dont understand the whole kpro ecu..it seems to me that every mod besides basic bolt ons requires you to tune the kpro..
Old 06-01-2011, 04:36 PM   #6
krystar
Master Member

ah i see. yes kpro ALLOWS you to tune everything. but if your car is stock-ish, it does not REQUIRE you to. there are already well developed tunes for stock, cai, i/h/e setups that will get you running in less than 5 minutes.

for nitrous/boost/cams, u would def need some actual dyno and street tuning. but for basic boltons, the supplied factory tunes will do just fine.

go to the ECU Tuning forum and read the stickies.
Old 06-01-2011, 04:39 PM   #7
Allmotork24
All motor k son!!!

yeahh that was my question i donmt really wanna be dyno tunning my car often so i was gunna wait till my cams and pistons cam in to do all at once..so i wanted to run the 100 shot mean while but without the kpro..
Old 06-01-2011, 05:59 PM   #8
K20egcw
Got Juice??

K20egcw is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx K20egcw is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx K20egcw is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx K20egcw is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx K20egcw is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx K20egcw is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx K20egcw is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx K20egcw is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
There is a dude on K20a.org thats been running a 100 shot on his Z3 untuned and hes put quite a few bottles through it. I dont recommend doing it, but apparently it can be done. Ill post a link up once the site comes back up.
Old 06-01-2011, 09:53 PM   #9
krystar
Master Member

oh no doubt u can do it. it's living dangerously and if you're into that, good luck to ya. but most ppl don't want to blow their motor and not care.
Old 06-02-2011, 10:12 AM   #10
Allmotork24
All motor k son!!!

welll am a give it a try and see how it goes..
Old 06-02-2011, 11:37 AM   #11
Wek Sos
Super Master Member

Wek Sos gets around and is known
Wek Sos gets around and is known Wek Sos gets around and is known Wek Sos gets around and is known Wek Sos gets around and is known Wek Sos gets around and is known Wek Sos gets around and is known Wek Sos gets around and is known Wek Sos gets around and is known Wek Sos gets around and is known Wek Sos gets around and is known Wek Sos gets around and is known Wek Sos gets around and is known Wek Sos gets around and is known Wek Sos gets around and is known
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allmotork24 View Post
welll am a give it a try and see how it goes..
booom
2000 Audi S4-Sold
2000 Honda S2000-Sold
2003 Acura RSX Type S-Sold
Wek Sos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 02:13 PM   #12
Bflaker
Nikon & Nitrous Crew

Bflaker is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
I ran a 75 shot on my car before I got K-pro. No problems here, but it wasn't a 100 shot either. lol
Old 06-02-2011, 02:15 PM   #13
imbest123
Bańned

imbest123 is on a distinguished road
can you? yes. yes you can

Don't PM me. I don't give a fuck about who you are and no, I don't have nudes
imbest123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 02:16 PM   #14
vash_the_stampede
popcorn playa

vash_the_stampede Golden Rep Whore vash_the_stampede Golden Rep Whore
vash_the_stampede Golden Rep Whore vash_the_stampede Golden Rep Whore vash_the_stampede Golden Rep Whore vash_the_stampede Golden Rep Whore vash_the_stampede Golden Rep Whore vash_the_stampede Golden Rep Whore vash_the_stampede Golden Rep Whore vash_the_stampede Golden Rep Whore vash_the_stampede Golden Rep Whore vash_the_stampede Golden Rep Whore vash_the_stampede Golden Rep Whore vash_the_stampede Golden Rep Whore
in for imbest's response. oh
/anime crew#4/lefty crew #1/ Late Night Crew#10/All Motor Crew #21/vAsh vAse cR3w! #1 TcK~!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEvoIX View Post
I want cream cheese on my baked potato
vash_the_stampede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 03:36 PM   #15
dc5joey
☆☆☆

dc5joey is a hardcore rep whore dc5joey is a hardcore rep whore
dc5joey is a hardcore rep whore dc5joey is a hardcore rep whore dc5joey is a hardcore rep whore dc5joey is a hardcore rep whore dc5joey is a hardcore rep whore dc5joey is a hardcore rep whore dc5joey is a hardcore rep whore dc5joey is a hardcore rep whore dc5joey is a hardcore rep whore dc5joey is a hardcore rep whore dc5joey is a hardcore rep whore dc5joey is a hardcore rep whore dc5joey is a hardcore rep whore dc5joey is a hardcore rep whore dc5joey is a hardcore rep whore dc5joey is a hardcore rep whore dc5joey is a hardcore rep whore
what about a dry system?
Old 06-02-2011, 03:40 PM   #16
K20egcw
Got Juice??

K20egcw is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx K20egcw is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx K20egcw is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx K20egcw is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx K20egcw is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx K20egcw is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx K20egcw is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx K20egcw is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by jc_02kpwd View Post
what about a dry system?
I wouldnt run dry unless your Kpro, since there is no way of adding the needed fuel. I think with a Zex kit you can hook up a vacuum line to a FPR and it'll apply pressure to the diaphram in the regulator and increase the fuel pressure and adding more fuel through the injectors.
Old 06-02-2011, 03:51 PM   #17
pdexta

pdexta is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx pdexta is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx pdexta is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx pdexta is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx pdexta is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx pdexta is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx pdexta is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx pdexta is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
If you already have Kpro just install it and start learning how to tune with it while the car is NA. Once you feel like you've got the hang of it, then run the nitrous. It should be very simple to pull a few degrees of timing and adjust fuel trims for added safety.
pdexta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 08:54 PM   #18
K20egcw
Got Juice??

Here is that dudes 100 shot setup untuned stock Z3, taken from K20a.org
Quote:
Originally Posted by culasse View Post
My setup. WON direct port setup. 100 shot for the time being.

Wow, my first post here.
Quote:
Thanks for the kind welcome words.
The engine has approximately 230 HP with the usual bolt ons, but with stock ecu and catback. Add to that the 100 shot.
Quote:
Up untill now I did approximately 80 1/4 mile passes with this setup without problems.
I want to install the hondata flashpro though. Right now as I`m writing this down I`m bidding on a used flashpro for sale on another forum lol. Hope this time I`m lucky.
Old 06-02-2011, 09:32 PM   #19
sofa_king_clean
Master Member

sofa_king_clean is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
I've heard of rsx's running on a 125 shot for a year until it blew! U can but the more u spray the more u hurt ur motor unless it's built for it!
I spool you lose crew member #1
http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread...679&highlight=
03 RSX-S Satin Black
Mugen/Aspec/typeR/FullRace/Work
sofa_king_clean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 01:31 AM   #20
sleepy ep3
Big Block Club

sleepy ep3 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx sleepy ep3 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx sleepy ep3 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx sleepy ep3 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx sleepy ep3 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx sleepy ep3 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx sleepy ep3 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx sleepy ep3 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Can and should are words that get mixed up to often on the forums. Fack it, let him blow his shiz up, who cares? Apparently he is too arrogant to listen, judging from his responses.
Old 06-03-2011, 02:37 AM   #21
Kweezy1010
Primer Veteran

Kweezy1010 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Kweezy1010 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Kweezy1010 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Kweezy1010 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Kweezy1010 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Kweezy1010 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Kweezy1010 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Kweezy1010 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
I say you try it!!! Just make sure you go to some street races and throw down your car for pinks and respect. Just warning you though, you'll be lucky if that 100 shot of NOS doesn't blow the welds on the intake.
Kweezy1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 03:39 AM   #22
jwcardy

jwcardy is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kweezy1010 View Post
I say you try it!!! Just make sure you go to some street races and throw down your car for pinks and respect. Just warning you though, you'll be lucky if that 100 shot of NOS doesn't blow the welds on the intake.
our intakes are welded?
jwcardy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 07:23 AM   #23
sleepy ep3
Big Block Club

sleepy ep3 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx sleepy ep3 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx sleepy ep3 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx sleepy ep3 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx sleepy ep3 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx sleepy ep3 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx sleepy ep3 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx sleepy ep3 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
"I need two of the big ones Harry, and I need them by tonight."
I haven't got to use that in forever
Old 06-03-2011, 08:51 AM   #24
krystar
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwcardy View Post
our intakes are welded?
u ain't cool unless u got a custom tig welded intake manifold....
Old 06-03-2011, 09:10 AM   #25
DJCarbine
dolan pls

DJCarbine is cool, not as cool as some though DJCarbine is cool, not as cool as some though DJCarbine is cool, not as cool as some though DJCarbine is cool, not as cool as some though DJCarbine is cool, not as cool as some though DJCarbine is cool, not as cool as some though DJCarbine is cool, not as cool as some though DJCarbine is cool, not as cool as some though DJCarbine is cool, not as cool as some though DJCarbine is cool, not as cool as some though DJCarbine is cool, not as cool as some though DJCarbine is cool, not as cool as some though DJCarbine is cool, not as cool as some though
50-100 wet shot without kpro is "safe"
It will be rich and you won't make as much power as a dry shot + krpo and tuning, but it will work and unless you are an idiot you won't blow anything up.

Window switch/WOT switch/proper jetting/a few dyno runs to make sure your AF:R is fine and a wetshot works great and is very cost effective

Just don't hit it too soon junior

diablo 3 DJCarbine#1903
Budget Turbo Build
Base Auto Kpro DIY
DJCarbine is offline   Reply With Quote