just put a nitrous kit on my DC5R - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > PERFORMANCE BASICS RSX > Nitrous Oxide RSX
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 12-26-2012, 11:15 AM   #1
greddyrsx

greddyrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx greddyrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx greddyrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx greddyrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx greddyrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx greddyrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx greddyrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx greddyrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Talking just put a nitrous kit on my DC5R

Just finish putting the kit on and waiting till next check to fill up the tank to test it out I'm running a 75 shot. So anyone running a 75 shot on a DC5R I'm anxious to what it can do LMK
greddyrsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-26-2012, 05:00 PM   #2
greddyrsx

greddyrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx greddyrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx greddyrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx greddyrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx greddyrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx greddyrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx greddyrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx greddyrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Bump
Old 12-26-2012, 05:16 PM   #3
dcmystery21

dcmystery21 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dcmystery21 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dcmystery21 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dcmystery21 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dcmystery21 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dcmystery21 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dcmystery21 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dcmystery21 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
you tuned for it?
dcmystery21 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-26-2012, 05:17 PM   #4
Koreo
Master Member

Koreo really needs a life Koreo really needs a life Koreo really needs a life
Koreo really needs a life Koreo really needs a life Koreo really needs a life Koreo really needs a life Koreo really needs a life
inb4

hope your doing it the right way

|Full Race|Garrett|Tial|K-Teller|Hondata|Injector Dynamics|Hasport|Walboro|Competition Clutch|Enkei|Rokkor|Progress|Junk2|Mugen|Blox|Defi |AEM|Hawk|Clubrsx|
Koreo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 05:54 PM   #5
greddyrsx

Well I got a zex wet kit
Old 12-26-2012, 06:12 PM   #6
greddyrsx

Oh and no I don't have a tune
Old 12-26-2012, 07:50 PM   #7
dc99
Master Member

dc99 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc99 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc99 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc99 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc99 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc99 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc99 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc99 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc99 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
75 is possible with a wet kit but thats a lot more than you think. I would suggest you start with a smaller shot and work your way up. Realize its not just the motor,its the bang on the trans and clutch to. By the way, a 75 jet doesnt mean thats exactly what it will gain. We put a 150 shot on a mustang and it gained almost 185hp. jets are cheap. engines arent
dc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 10:34 PM   #8
dcmystery21

dcmystery21 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dcmystery21 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dcmystery21 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dcmystery21 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dcmystery21 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dcmystery21 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dcmystery21 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dcmystery21 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by dc99 View Post
75 is possible with a wet kit but thats a lot more than you think. I would suggest you start with a smaller shot and work your way up. Realize its not just the motor,its the bang on the trans and clutch to. By the way, a 75 jet doesnt mean thats exactly what it will gain. We put a 150 shot on a mustang and it gained almost 185hp. jets are cheap. engines arent
Well put. He will learn one way or the other.
dcmystery21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 10:48 PM   #9
SleekDC5
Live Fast, Die Boosting

SleekDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SleekDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SleekDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SleekDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SleekDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SleekDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SleekDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SleekDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SleekDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koreo View Post
inb4

hope your doing it the right way
No bueno
05' MM EM2 Civic- 1st car, sold
SleekDC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 09:17 AM   #10
greddyrsx

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcmystery21 View Post
Well put. He will learn one way or the other.
Yes I understand that jets are not exact which is why I went with the zex kit it is well known that the jet produce less than that they say cause it measured by the fly wheel a 75 shot is getting from what I have found with a zex kit between 55-65
Old 12-27-2012, 10:55 AM   #11
Bflaker
Nikon & Nitrous Crew

Bflaker is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
I ran a ZEX Wet 75 shot for an entire Summer on stock clutch with no problems. Just make sure you don't spray at too low of an rpm, or beyond redline(fuel cut). I used an MSD window switch with mine to prevent that from happening.
Old 12-27-2012, 02:44 PM   #12
greddyrsx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bflaker View Post
I ran a ZEX Wet 75 shot for an entire Summer on stock clutch with no problems. Just make sure you don't spray at too low of an rpm, or beyond redline(fuel cut). I used an MSD window switch with mine to prevent that from happening.
Cool thanks man what hp did you get out of it
Old 12-28-2012, 08:11 AM   #13
greddyrsx

Bump
Old 12-31-2012, 01:38 PM   #14
Bflaker
Nikon & Nitrous Crew

Never dyno'd it with that setup.
Old 12-31-2012, 07:34 PM   #15
dc99
Master Member

dc99 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc99 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc99 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc99 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc99 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc99 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc99 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc99 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc99 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Hey any of you nos guys need a remote bottle opener I got one
dc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 07:38 PM   #16
Type-Spaz
Hybrid-Racing.com

Type-Spaz has disabled reputation
I always stuck with just a 50shot on my old car.

75 on a k would be fun. Do some pulls and take some vids!
Old 01-02-2013, 05:41 PM   #17
JPSlick
Master Member

JPSlick is cool, not as cool as some though JPSlick is cool, not as cool as some though JPSlick is cool, not as cool as some though JPSlick is cool, not as cool as some though JPSlick is cool, not as cool as some though JPSlick is cool, not as cool as some though JPSlick is cool, not as cool as some though JPSlick is cool, not as cool as some though JPSlick is cool, not as cool as some though JPSlick is cool, not as cool as some though JPSlick is cool, not as cool as some though JPSlick is cool, not as cool as some though JPSlick is cool, not as cool as some though
Yea I wouldnt spray under 6000 RPM.

Running blind with no AFR data and no ability to pull timing is very risky though.
My Youtube Video Channel
JPSlick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 09:57 AM   #18
Bflaker
Nikon & Nitrous Crew

You can spray under 6000rpms. I wouldn't spray below 4000 though. I have always had mine set to 4000-4500rpms and I've never had a problem.

As for pulling timing on a 50-75shot, stock timing is fine. AFR's should be ok as long the proper jets are used and the fuel system is in good working order.
Old 01-04-2013, 11:59 AM   #19
greddyrsx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bflaker View Post
You can spray under 6000rpms. I wouldn't spray below 4000 though. I have always had mine set to 4000-4500rpms and I've never had a problem.

As for pulling timing on a 50-75shot, stock timing is fine. AFR's should be ok as long the proper jets are used and the fuel system is in good working order.
Get info man thank if you have any more advice lmk thanks
Old 01-05-2013, 08:17 AM   #20
trumpdis3
Master Member

trumpdis3 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx trumpdis3 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx trumpdis3 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx trumpdis3 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx trumpdis3 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx trumpdis3 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx trumpdis3 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx trumpdis3 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx
Good info , thanks
trumpdis3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:37 AM   #21
greddyrsx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Type-Spaz View Post
I always stuck with just a 50shot on my old car.

75 on a k would be fun. Do some pulls and take some vids!
I WILL AND ILL POST THEM
Old 01-10-2013, 09:15 PM   #22
Ju5t Ep3 Pr4ct1c3
Mountain Run?

Ju5t Ep3 Pr4ct1c3 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Lol, can't wait to see results
"A man's ethical behavior should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death."
Ju5t Ep3 Pr4ct1c3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:17 PM   #23
Koreo
Master Member

Koreo really needs a life Koreo really needs a life Koreo really needs a life
Koreo really needs a life Koreo really needs a life Koreo really needs a life Koreo really needs a life Koreo really needs a life
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ju5t Ep3 Pr4ct1c3 View Post
Lol, can't wait to see results

yea me either

|Full Race|Garrett|Tial|K-Teller|Hondata|Injector Dynamics|Hasport|Walboro|Competition Clutch|Enkei|Rokkor|Progress|Junk2|Mugen|Blox|Defi |AEM|Hawk|Clubrsx|
Koreo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 11:27 AM   #24
greddyrsx

Quote:
yea me either

Ok dont think thats going to happen but any way check out the link I found
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=U9hZ7Rt49kc
Old 02-08-2013, 10:31 PM   #25
rnb754

rnb754 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx rnb754 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx rnb754 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx rnb754 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx rnb754 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx rnb754 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx rnb754 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx rnb754 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
yea me either

in for results also..
rnb754 is offline   Reply With Quote