*** Official Shift Knob Thread*** - Page 43 - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > STYLE RSX > Interior Mods RSX
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 11-02-2011, 03:33 PM   #1051
Tegg4
Consultant

Tegg4 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Tegg4 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Tegg4 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Tegg4 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Tegg4 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Tegg4 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Tegg4 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Tegg4 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
I can get a 2012 Civic Si knob for $80!! That's the best one I could find that fits my taste, I like it alot. Anyone else have one? I think it flows with the RSX well.

But from reviews I think it would be money well spent to just buy a Titanium knob... ARC or Aspec... is what im looking for now.
Quote:
Philips bulbs with Morimoto ballasts just may be the most baller light of all time. -Thomas Edison

Last edited by Tegg4; 11-02-2011 at 04:08 PM..
Tegg4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-02-2011, 07:55 PM   #1052
Evil_X
Combat Veteran

Evil_X gets around and is known
Evil_X gets around and is known Evil_X gets around and is known Evil_X gets around and is known Evil_X gets around and is known Evil_X gets around and is known Evil_X gets around and is known Evil_X gets around and is known Evil_X gets around and is known Evil_X gets around and is known Evil_X gets around and is known Evil_X gets around and is known
Went from the 176gm crsx knob, to a 440gm Skunk2 knob, and never looked back

Evil_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 07:56 PM   #1053
itskien
Doesn't Give A F*ck

itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with

Empty Tank Crew #1
Twitter: KiensAJauk
Instagram / Snapchat: ItsKien

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzianK View Post
kien you fat fuck, no set of wings can lift your cinna bun ass up to heaven anyway.
itskien is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-02-2011, 08:01 PM   #1054
Evil_X
Combat Veteran

Evil_X gets around and is known
Evil_X gets around and is known Evil_X gets around and is known Evil_X gets around and is known Evil_X gets around and is known Evil_X gets around and is known Evil_X gets around and is known Evil_X gets around and is known Evil_X gets around and is known Evil_X gets around and is known Evil_X gets around and is known Evil_X gets around and is known
no jelly, just jam here
Evil_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 11:32 PM   #1055
Tegg4
Consultant

Tegg4 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Tegg4 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Tegg4 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Tegg4 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Tegg4 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Tegg4 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Tegg4 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Tegg4 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Yea, Ive never used a ball shifter. I like shifting with a lever type, so Im not too sure how I feel about going to a ball style. Something heavy like that Skunk2 440, or a Blox style one it at 450g. I love the Neo Chrome and the Bronze/Brass one, but it is a little much for me. Decisions...
Quote:
Philips bulbs with Morimoto ballasts just may be the most baller light of all time. -Thomas Edison
Old 11-02-2011, 11:44 PM   #1056
itskien
Doesn't Give A F*ck

itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with
i have the ball type from greddy and i like it, been wanting to switch over to the sk2 though.

Empty Tank Crew #1

Quote:
kien you fat fuck, no set of wings can lift your cinna bun ass up to heaven anyway.
Old 11-03-2011, 12:09 AM   #1057
twitchy_15

twitchy_15 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx twitchy_15 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx twitchy_15 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx twitchy_15 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx twitchy_15 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx twitchy_15 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx twitchy_15 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx twitchy_15 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tegg4 View Post
That looks so sick. I like that a lot. And awesome idea for the USB plug-in behind the cup holder. Thats a great idea. Can you PM me and let me know what you used and where you wired it in, 12v? Does one go into the radio?

Good place to be able to install it as well. Small and easily removed. May do something like this while my car is already 1/2 stripped anyway. Would like to hard wire my GPS, but then don't have a charger if I ever need in another car.

Im going to get their shift boot when I get the new JTC. Did you get the custom shortened shift boot made? Also is that how the top of the boot came? What kind of fitting did they put on the top with it? It looks a little too wide for my taste, whats under the top part?
i got the oem sized shift boot, and yeah thats how it came? not sure what you mean , i used the club rsx shift boto adapter and was kind of awkward due to the adapter being small and the boot opening being fairly bigger, the top may also look wider because i used a bigger zip tie then iwould of liked
Old 11-03-2011, 09:55 AM   #1058
hsadr
Master Member

hsadr is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx hsadr is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx hsadr is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx hsadr is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx hsadr is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx hsadr is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx hsadr is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx hsadr is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx hsadr is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
the crsx knob is like the blox but has that little piece on the bottom. the blox is just a ball. kinda wish i had a blox

Quote:
Originally Posted by itskien View Post
I'll call you...Jamal. cause you look like a Jamal.
hsadr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 02:42 PM   #1059
itskien
Doesn't Give A F*ck

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePersianOne View Post
the crsx knob is like the blox but has that little piece on the bottom. the blox is just a ball. kinda wish i had a blox
time for you to save up young grasshopper.

or just go to fusionworks and get yourself a sk2 for 40 bucks.

Empty Tank Crew #1

Quote:
Old 11-03-2011, 04:06 PM   #1060
hsadr
Master Member

hsadr is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx hsadr is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx hsadr is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx hsadr is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx hsadr is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx hsadr is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx hsadr is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx hsadr is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx hsadr is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
b..but i just got the crsx
i still havent gone to fusionworks like ive planned for like 2 months now..

Quote:
Old 11-03-2011, 04:21 PM   #1061
itskien
Doesn't Give A F*ck

pics son

Empty Tank Crew #1

Quote:
Old 11-04-2011, 09:36 AM   #1062
hsadr
Master Member

soon.

Quote:
Old 11-04-2011, 08:20 PM   #1063
sykoenigma
Master Member

sykoenigma is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx sykoenigma is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx sykoenigma is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx sykoenigma is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx sykoenigma is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx sykoenigma is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx sykoenigma is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx sykoenigma is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
here's a fail.

no shift knob cuz i sold my old one and my s2k knob is in the mail

did a DIY red stitch shift boot cuz i was bored and wanted to learn to sew. doesn't look that good but i'm happy with it. looks good from far away but barely noticeable up close. OEM style i guess.

(yes the interior needs a cleaning/wipe down, i am aware)
sykoenigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 10:23 PM   #1064
Tegg4
Consultant

I hate to be negative but maybe you just need to get the Club CRX shift boot w/ red stitching.

On a lighter note, I think I have decided to go with the Moddiction shift knob. Well at least I have narrowed it down to their Anvil 2 knob. I can not decided between the stainless Steel(400+ grams) or the Titanium(only 255 grams). May get it with the 1-6 and R, or their logo on top, or just plain.

Any input on a Stainless Steel or Titanium knob? Will the reduced weight be noticeable since there will be less counterweight with the Ti knob? The Ti knob does not get near as Hot or cold in the Summer/Winter. Is the added weight of the SS knob that much more beneficial or am I ok with the 150g less with the Ti knob?

Quote:

Last edited by Tegg4; 11-04-2011 at 10:26 PM..
Old 11-04-2011, 10:36 PM   #1065
hsadr
Master Member

pics/links?

Quote:
Old 11-04-2011, 11:03 PM   #1066
don_killah
V.I 4 Lyfe

don_killah is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx don_killah is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx don_killah is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx don_killah is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx don_killah is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx don_killah is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx don_killah is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx don_killah is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
BLOX 490LE spherical shift knob in Platinum Gunmetal with black shift boot/red stitching.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0144.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	1.23 MB
ID:	358991  
don_killah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 11:14 PM   #1067
Tegg4
Consultant

Anvil 2 Titanium 255g Choice 1:
http://shop.moddiction.com/Moddictio...t-Knob-018.htm

Anvil 2 Stainless Steel 400g Choice 2:
http://shop.moddiction.com/Moddictio...t-Knob-019.htm

Which one? Will be getting the regular brushed look. Do I go with SS weight, or the light better feeling Ti that does not get as hot/cold in winter/Summer? Is the 150g difference going to be that major?
Quote:
Old 11-05-2011, 12:23 AM   #1068
F-BOM
Resident hater

F-BOM is cool, not as cool as some though F-BOM is cool, not as cool as some though F-BOM is cool, not as cool as some though F-BOM is cool, not as cool as some though F-BOM is cool, not as cool as some though F-BOM is cool, not as cool as some though F-BOM is cool, not as cool as some though F-BOM is cool, not as cool as some though F-BOM is cool, not as cool as some though F-BOM is cool, not as cool as some though F-BOM is cool, not as cool as some though F-BOM is cool, not as cool as some though
i honestly couldnt tell a difference going from the s2k to crsx brass other than the obvious feel in my hand
F-BOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 09:00 AM   #1069
hsadr
Master Member

id say go stainless. that way you dont regret not having the heavier one later. plus i know alot of people love the skunk2, and that bitch is heavy.

Quote:
Old 11-05-2011, 11:22 AM   #1070
Tegg4
Consultant

Ok, I did a lot of research on Ti and its properties. It only valuable because of it high strength and low weight. Its ability to heat up and cool dawn faster that Stainless steel is actually close to steel.

Apparently Ti has a different feel to it and is much smoother in the hand. Thats not enough of a positive for me to spend that much more money on it over Stainless Steel.

Looks like I will be getting the Moddiction Stainless Steel Anvill 2 Knob! I looked a long time for a ITR shape with a larger bottom part to it and the Anvill 2 is it, all the others are to skinny for me where to meets the shift lever. Looks weird, this one has a hollowed out larger opening to hide the top of the boot too. That will allow it to flow from knob to boot much cleaner than most do.
Quote:
Old 11-05-2011, 02:24 PM   #1071
hsadr
Master Member

good choice+research

Quote:
Old 11-08-2011, 02:50 AM   #1072
XXXdc5
Team Android

XXXdc5 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tegg4 View Post
Anvil 2 Titanium 255g Choice 1:
http://shop.moddiction.com/Moddictio...t-Knob-018.htm

Anvil 2 Stainless Steel 400g Choice 2:
http://shop.moddiction.com/Moddictio...t-Knob-019.htm

Which one? Will be getting the regular brushed look. Do I go with SS weight, or the light better feeling Ti that does not get as hot/cold in winter/Summer? Is the 150g difference going to be that major?
The teal is sweet. Cost too many monies though
Free Hyetothesky Crew #6
Mugen parts for sale
XXXdc5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 08:59 AM   #1073
Tegg4
Consultant

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXdc5 View Post
The teal is sweet. Cost too many monies though
Well for a Titanium shifter it is priced reasonably. The problem is it a more valuble metal because of its high strength and low weight, unfortunately people want heavy shift knobs. Make the stainless steel ones look like that and you are set.

You can heat/burn stainless steel, but I do not think the colors are as near as vivid as they are on the heated Ti shift knobs. Anyone know of any good burnt stainless steel knobs?
Quote:
Old 11-09-2011, 03:04 PM   #1074
creme
nublet

creme has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillaICM View Post

Still lookin for this one. Anyone have any idea where to get it at?
Does anyone know where you can buy this?
Old 11-09-2011, 03:21 PM   #1075
Dc5anatic
Professional crastinator

Dc5anatic is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by creme View Post
Does anyone know where you can buy this?
Try the dealer. It's an oem part so it's possible. Most likely a jdm part though, and pretty rare, I've never seen one like that
NATURALLY ASPIRATED FOR LIFE
13.38@102mph
Dc5anatic is offline   Reply With Quote