*** Official Shift Knob Thread*** - Page 45 - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > STYLE RSX > Interior Mods RSX
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 11-16-2011, 03:39 PM   #1101
Tegg4
Consultant

Tegg4 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Tegg4 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Tegg4 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Tegg4 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Tegg4 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Tegg4 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Tegg4 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Tegg4 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Not bad, I would just leave the boot down and not up over it. If you like it over it, put a zip tie around the inside at the very top right at where the tip shift boot at the top in the pic and tighten it right under the shift knob.
Quote:
Philips bulbs with Morimoto ballasts just may be the most baller light of all time. -Thomas Edison
Tegg4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-16-2011, 04:46 PM   #1102
RuckerPark

RuckerPark is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RuckerPark is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RuckerPark is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RuckerPark is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RuckerPark is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RuckerPark is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RuckerPark is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RuckerPark is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
I just got this, but contemplating if I should keep my 490 and sell this..

RuckerPark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 07:20 PM   #1103
hsadr
Master Member

hsadr is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx hsadr is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx hsadr is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx hsadr is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx hsadr is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx hsadr is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx hsadr is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx hsadr is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx hsadr is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by iThinkImJoey View Post
How does it look like with the stock adapter?
not bad i guess?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RuckerPark View Post
keep the 490

Quote:
Originally Posted by itskien View Post
I'll call you...Jamal. cause you look like a Jamal.
hsadr is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-17-2011, 09:01 AM   #1104
Tegg4
Consultant

Tegg4 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Tegg4 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Tegg4 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Tegg4 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Tegg4 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Tegg4 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Tegg4 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Tegg4 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:

Haha, if you just bought it why are you selling it? Dont like it as much as the 490?

Eventually I am going to try a ball style shift knob. I just like the more ITR shaped ones right now. Heck if my metal one gets too hot during the summer I may consider something wrapped in leather. Too bad no one makes a nice heavy one that is wrapped completely.

My brand new Moddiction Stainless Steel Anvil 2 knob(and pics of the JTC SS v2 shifter See the review here!, the shifter is to be released to the public this Friday 11/18/11):

Quote:
Philips bulbs with Morimoto ballasts just may be the most baller light of all time. -Thomas Edison

Last edited by Tegg4; 11-17-2011 at 09:12 AM..
Old 11-28-2011, 07:06 PM   #1105
BLKSRPNT

BLKSRPNT is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx BLKSRPNT is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx BLKSRPNT is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx BLKSRPNT is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx BLKSRPNT is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx BLKSRPNT is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx BLKSRPNT is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx BLKSRPNT is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
That JTC shifter is awesome!
BLKSRPNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 07:50 PM   #1106
02sevenspokes
A Little Dirt Never Hurt

02sevenspokes is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 02sevenspokes is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 02sevenspokes is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 02sevenspokes is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 02sevenspokes is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 02sevenspokes is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 02sevenspokes is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 02sevenspokes is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 02sevenspokes is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
if your looking to sell this, i'll make you an offer

Something has to stretch
02sevenspokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 08:26 PM   #1107
Tegg4
Consultant

Ordering a custom knob and shift extender. I think Im going with the textured black. Should be a good look.
Quote:
Old 12-03-2011, 04:12 PM   #1108
edward77

edward77 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Does anyone know if the rsx will accept a shift knob with a 10x1.25 thread pitch?
edward77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 04:14 PM   #1109
edward77

nvm found what i was looking for.
Old 12-08-2011, 08:50 PM   #1110
edward77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tegg4 View Post
I can get a 2012 Civic Si knob for $80!! That's the best one I could find that fits my taste, I like it alot. Anyone else have one? I think it flows with the RSX well.

But from reviews I think it would be money well spent to just buy a Titanium knob... ARC or Aspec... is what im looking for now.
Im really loving this style shift knob. Looks very clean seems like it would fit well. Plus it would be nice for my hand to not freeze or have to use a towel cause its so hot lol.
Old 12-08-2011, 08:51 PM   #1111
edward77

I got a sick shift knob coming for my BOM i think yall will love it.
Old 12-08-2011, 08:53 PM   #1112
BarracksSi
Master Member

BarracksSi is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by edward77 View Post
Im really loving this style shift knob. Looks very clean seems like it would fit well. Plus it would be nice for my hand to not freeze or have to use a towel cause its so hot lol.
Yeah, it does look good. I'll vouch for it being comfortable in all weather -- I have a TSX knob that's pretty much the same idea. I may even go back to my EP's original all-leather shift knob. I have a few all-metal knobs that I don't know what to do with.
Old 12-09-2011, 07:54 AM   #1113
Tegg4
Consultant

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarracksSi View Post
Yeah, it does look good. I'll vouch for it being comfortable in all weather -- I have a TSX knob that's pretty much the same idea. I may even go back to my EP's original all-leather shift knob. I have a few all-metal knobs that I don't know what to do with.
Yea, I have a nice Moddiction Stainless Steel all metal shift knob, but its counter sunk so it drops it way to low even with my short shifter adjusted all the way up. Its awesome just cant use it w/o an extender. I have found my all leather (red stitching) Integra ITR shift knob to be the most comfortable right now. I'm still waiting for my 52mm shift knob to get in from JTC Customs. I'm it custom powder coated. That should help with the temp issue I hear for sure. Im hoping the larger round style will help out with the comfort issue. Didnt need one but really wanted to try it out... plus having a matching knob for the custom coated shift extenders was too much to pass up.

I will get pics as soon as I get it in the mail.
Quote:

Last edited by Tegg4; 12-09-2011 at 12:46 PM..
Old 12-09-2011, 08:24 AM   #1114
BarracksSi
Master Member

BarracksSi is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
I'd think that painting a metal knob black will make it even worse, particularly with heat...
Old 12-09-2011, 09:39 AM   #1115
Tegg4
Consultant

Well I keep it in the shade all the time, and he has measured the differences as bare metal and even painted black metal. the black powder coat actually does not get as hot. It wont even be in direct sunlight so the powder coat works as a heat buffer for the metal. It will be much more comfortable, I had a black one in my old Integra DB8.
Quote:
Old 12-11-2011, 06:51 PM   #1116
edward77

Quote:
I can get a 2012 Civic Si knob for $80!! That's the best one I could find that fits my taste, I like it alot. Anyone else have one? I think it flows with the RSX well.

But from reviews I think it would be money well spent to just buy a Titanium knob... ARC or Aspec... is what im looking for now.
What is the weight on this knob? Also debating on the TSX or Moddiction titanium. I feel that the skunk 2 is way to heavy. Also dont like the fact that the anvil is countersunk. Ughh decesions....Although i think the anvil 250gram is about the perfect weight. My stock shifter i could shift so much faster then w the skunk 2 and jtc it seems like. WTF need opinions lol.
Old 12-12-2011, 08:07 AM   #1117
Tegg4
Consultant

Quote:
Originally Posted by edward77 View Post
What is the weight on this knob? Also debating on the TSX or Moddiction titanium. I feel that the skunk 2 is way to heavy. Also dont like the fact that the anvil is countersunk. Ughh decesions....Although i think the anvil 250gram is about the perfect weight. My stock shifter i could shift so much faster then w the skunk 2 and jtc it seems like. WTF need opinions lol.
If you dont mind having a metal knob then I would recommend the Moddiction Titanium. It has a great feel, and still has some good weight to it. Right now I am using the Anvil 2 Moddiction knob, and a Leather ITR knob. The Anvil 2 is countersunk and I am waiting to get my extensions so I can use it all the time. It sits very low on the JTC shifter, I need an extender so it will be high enough to use it daily.

Nothing wrong with a countersunk knob, just pick up the JTC extender 3 piece set. I think it is only 35 bucks or something. Im waiting for mine in the mail now.
Quote:
Old 12-12-2011, 12:47 PM   #1118
Blaze6257
Master Member

Blaze6257 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:

IMO it feels really small in my hand, tested it out on my friends SI. I felt smaller then my TSX and ITR.

Voodoo shift knobs where its at. Cheap and great quality.

2004 Arctic Blue Pearl RSX Type-S

WTB: '05-'06 Headlights. Need ASAP. Please PM me
Blaze6257 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 01:05 PM   #1119
Tegg4
Consultant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze6257 View Post
IMO it feels really small in my hand, tested it out on my friends SI. I felt smaller then my TSX and ITR.

Voodoo shift knobs where its at. Cheap and great quality.
I have never used a round shift knob. I have one on the way from JTC. Its the 52mm. I wanted a large one since I have larger than average hands. If it fits I may get a brushed round one or titanium one down the road with a matching polished shifter extender
Quote:
Old 12-12-2011, 10:57 PM   #1120
Blaze6257
Master Member

Blaze6257 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
I have never used a round shift knob. I have one on the way from JTC. Its the 52mm. I wanted a large one since I have larger than average hands. If it fits I may get a brushed round one or titanium one down the road with a matching polished shifter extender
Ive never felt a problem with the ITR and TSX shape but after using a round shift knob its my new preference.

My Voodoo shiftknob. These are pretty popular in the S2000 and Miata world.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.JPG
Views:	168
Size:	103.2 KB
ID:	359961  

2004 Arctic Blue Pearl RSX Type-S

WTB: '05-'06 Headlights. Need ASAP. Please PM me
Blaze6257 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 01:08 PM   #1121
BLKSRPNT

BLKSRPNT is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx BLKSRPNT is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx BLKSRPNT is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx BLKSRPNT is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx BLKSRPNT is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx BLKSRPNT is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx BLKSRPNT is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx BLKSRPNT is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
nice voodoo shift knob
BLKSRPNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 01:17 PM   #1122
tsugsr

tsugsr is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx tsugsr is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx tsugsr is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx tsugsr is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx tsugsr is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx tsugsr is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx tsugsr is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx tsugsr is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
I've got a TWM desert eagle in flat black, 600 grams of shifting power :-)

Sent from an iPhone using an over priced app.
tsugsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 01:19 PM   #1123
Inlimbo87
I Am the Liquor

Inlimbo87 is loved by everyone on c-rsx
Inlimbo87 is loved by everyone on c-rsx Inlimbo87 is loved by everyone on c-rsx Inlimbo87 is loved by everyone on c-rsx Inlimbo87 is loved by everyone on c-rsx Inlimbo87 is loved by everyone on c-rsx Inlimbo87 is loved by everyone on c-rsx Inlimbo87 is loved by everyone on c-rsx Inlimbo87 is loved by everyone on c-rsx Inlimbo87 is loved by everyone on c-rsx Inlimbo87 is loved by everyone on c-rsx Inlimbo87 is loved by everyone on c-rsx Inlimbo87 is loved by everyone on c-rsx Inlimbo87 is loved by everyone on c-rsx Inlimbo87 is loved by everyone on c-rsx Inlimbo87 is loved by everyone on c-rsx Inlimbo87 is loved by everyone on c-rsx Inlimbo87 is loved by everyone on c-rsx
cool story

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoolin4Door View Post
Screw slugs when you can have A FUCKING LAZER!
Inlimbo87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 09:54 AM   #1124
Tegg4
Consultant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze6257 View Post
Ive never felt a problem with the ITR and TSX shape but after using a round shift knob its my new preference.

My Voodoo shiftknob. These are pretty popular in the S2000 and Miata world.
I'm hoping that is the case for me too since I have never used a round shift knob. I got the Moddiction Anvil 2 knob and it is a beautiful knob, but I have large hands and it just don't fit right. I decided to return it and upgrade to the 2'' Round Titanium Anvil shift knob. The Titanium is lighter but I will need to buy a stainless steel shift lever extender so that it will match the Ti shift knob. The extender will more than make up for the weight lost from switching from Stainless Steel to Ti. I am going to try and use the round JTC 52mm shift knob for a while once it comes in the mail.

I also have a JTC round 52mm shift knob ordered, but they are steel and have to be powder-coated, so I have it powder coated textured black, to match my black shift extenders I already have. Guess Im becoming a shift knob whore, but hey I got to have options, lol.
Quote:
Old 12-15-2011, 09:09 AM   #1125
Inlimbo87
I Am the Liquor

Inlimbo87 is loved by everyone on c-rsx
Inlimbo87 is loved by everyone on c-rsx Inlimbo87 is loved by everyone on c-rsx Inlimbo87 is loved by everyone on c-rsx Inlimbo87 is loved by everyone on c-rsx Inlimbo87 is loved by everyone on c-rsx Inlimbo87 is loved by everyone on c-rsx Inlimbo87 is loved by everyone on c-rsx Inlimbo87 is loved by everyone on c-rsx Inlimbo87 is loved by everyone on c-rsx Inlimbo87 is loved by everyone on c-rsx Inlimbo87 is loved by everyone on c-rsx Inlimbo87 is loved by everyone on c-rsx Inlimbo87 is loved by everyone on c-rsx Inlimbo87 is loved by everyone on c-rsx Inlimbo87 is loved by everyone on c-rsx Inlimbo87 is loved by everyone on c-rsx Inlimbo87 is loved by everyone on c-rsx
blox 490 limited in neo. Weighed it on my postal scale at home, over weight at 504 g
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.JPG
Views:	151
Size:	405.1 KB
ID:	360023  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoolin4Door View Post
Screw slugs when you can have A FUCKING LAZER!
Inlimbo87 is offline   Reply With Quote