DIY Taillight Gasket Replacement (Water in Trunk Fix) - Page 7 - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > GENERAL RSX > The DIY Garage RSX
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 06-02-2010, 01:36 PM   #151
andersmb
Master Member

andersmb is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx andersmb is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx andersmb is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx andersmb is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx andersmb is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx andersmb is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx andersmb is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx andersmb is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
usually both happen...but it wouldnt hurt to put some silicone where the gasket meets the light as a preventative measure
andersmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-02-2010, 02:47 PM   #152
tooslowtoohappy
oops.

tooslowtoohappy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx tooslowtoohappy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx tooslowtoohappy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx tooslowtoohappy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx tooslowtoohappy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx tooslowtoohappy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx tooslowtoohappy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx tooslowtoohappy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
i would just drill a tiny hole i mean as small as possible as close to the bottom of the light as possible to get rid of the water and just leave it. having that hole there will allow it to have air flow and stay dry. i did this to my old ricer tail lights on my civic and never had water in there again. but its up to you
tooslowtoohappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 07:41 PM   #153
Manny2206
Gatoman

Manny2206 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Manny2206 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Manny2206 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Manny2206 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Manny2206 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Manny2206 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Manny2206 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Manny2206 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
will the 02-04 gaskets fit the 06 lights? i cant seem to find the specific 06 gasket, sorry if its a stupid question?
Manny2206 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-03-2010, 07:44 PM   #154
Wooward

Wooward is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Wooward is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Wooward is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Wooward is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Wooward is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Wooward is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Wooward is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Wooward is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manny2206 View Post
will the 02-04 gaskets fit the 06 lights? i cant seem to find the specific 06 gasket, sorry if its a stupid question?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooward View Post
Installed these back on last night. Here are the parts that I bought from the dealer.

06335-S6M-305, Gasket kit R, $11.05
06336-S6M-305, Gasket kit L, $11.05

Like someone said earlier, these are the new gaskets with the adhesive backing. The old gasket used to be the same part for Left and Right.

Don't know if it's going to work but we'll see with time.
Why can't you find the right parts? Here are the numbers. I would say it wouldn't fit because even before these new parts came out, they were different model numbers. I just ordered them from the dealer so I know they are out there.
Wooward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 08:36 PM   #155
Manny2206
Gatoman

Manny2206 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Manny2206 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Manny2206 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Manny2206 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Manny2206 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Manny2206 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Manny2206 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Manny2206 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooward View Post
Why can't you find the right parts? Here are the numbers. I would say it wouldn't fit because even before these new parts came out, they were different model numbers. I just ordered them from the dealer so I know they are out there.

im looking at acuraoemparts.com and cant find it, maybe im stupid? lol you said you bought it from the dealer 11.05 each? i live in south lofrida i hope there the same price
Manny2206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 02:47 PM   #156
jsinher3

jsinher3 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx jsinher3 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx jsinher3 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx jsinher3 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx jsinher3 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx jsinher3 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx jsinher3 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx jsinher3 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
for some people that could not get their tail lights off, you could also go to homedepo or advance and buy a small tube of clear sylicone and apply it to the gap around the lights
jsinher3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 11:10 PM   #157
TwentyOne_S
oh hai there!1!!

TwentyOne_S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TwentyOne_S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TwentyOne_S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TwentyOne_S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TwentyOne_S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TwentyOne_S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TwentyOne_S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TwentyOne_S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsinher3 View Post
for some people that could not get their tail lights off, you could also go to homedepo or advance and buy a small tube of clear sylicone and apply it to the gap around the lights
haha funny that you mention this i have been having this problem like all of us and need to fix it asap so the audio portion of my car can continue underway. Just today i took my tail lights off and removed the old gaskets, but instead of buying new ones, i siliconed them back into place and basically closed any of the small holes that had been created. i'm letting the silicone dry now... i'll get back with you all to let ya know if the "cheaper" solution works

MECP Certified Installer
TwentyOne_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 04:43 PM   #158
twis
At work.

twis is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manny2206 View Post
im looking at acuraoemparts.com and cant find it, maybe im stupid? lol you said you bought it from the dealer 11.05 each? i live in south lofrida i hope there the same price
that website is a goldmine but its tough to find stuff...did someone say theres new ones with adhesive?? cool.

NY YANKEES 2012
twis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 10:26 AM   #159
K20 power 06

K20 power 06 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx K20 power 06 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx K20 power 06 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx K20 power 06 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx K20 power 06 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx K20 power 06 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx K20 power 06 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx K20 power 06 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
hey guys im thinking bout trying this out because my trunk sometimes gets some water in it... Will this stop the tailights from getting water in them as well? It annoys the hell out of me, and i really dnt wanna drill a tiny hole in the bottom of the light...
K20 power 06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 12:49 PM   #160
ShifuXiong

ShifuXiong is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ShifuXiong is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ShifuXiong is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ShifuXiong is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ShifuXiong is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ShifuXiong is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ShifuXiong is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ShifuXiong is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
It worked for me. Thanks to ClubRSX.
ShifuXiong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 12:56 PM   #161
K20 power 06

K20 power 06 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx K20 power 06 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx K20 power 06 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx K20 power 06 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx K20 power 06 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx K20 power 06 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx K20 power 06 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx K20 power 06 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
just got the replacement gaskets from the dealership... putting them on first thing tomorrow, ill let you know how it goes
K20 power 06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 01:00 PM   #162
hhasheart
M30W

hhasheart is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Just followed this diy and washed my car. No water so far haha
hhasheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 10:33 AM   #163
vash_the_stampede
popcorn playa

vash_the_stampede Golden Rep Whore vash_the_stampede Golden Rep Whore
vash_the_stampede Golden Rep Whore vash_the_stampede Golden Rep Whore vash_the_stampede Golden Rep Whore vash_the_stampede Golden Rep Whore vash_the_stampede Golden Rep Whore vash_the_stampede Golden Rep Whore vash_the_stampede Golden Rep Whore vash_the_stampede Golden Rep Whore vash_the_stampede Golden Rep Whore vash_the_stampede Golden Rep Whore vash_the_stampede Golden Rep Whore vash_the_stampede Golden Rep Whore
awesome!
/anime crew#4/lefty crew #1/ Late Night Crew#10/All Motor Crew #21/vAsh vAse cR3w! #1 TcK~!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEvoIX View Post
I want cream cheese on my baked potato
vash_the_stampede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 02:00 PM   #164
pointman311

pointman311 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx pointman311 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx pointman311 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx pointman311 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx pointman311 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx pointman311 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx pointman311 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx pointman311 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Thumbs down Lucky

When i bought my 04 type S the kid before me put on those ugly euro tails, so when i noticed the water i simply took the gaskets from those and doubled them up on the factory tails no water since and its been a year. good to see so many people with the same issue and able to fix it.
pointman311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 06:41 PM   #165
iRSXsmiles

iRSXsmiles is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx iRSXsmiles is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx iRSXsmiles is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx iRSXsmiles is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx iRSXsmiles is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx iRSXsmiles is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx iRSXsmiles is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx iRSXsmiles is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
i have this problem on my 06 acura
iRSXsmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 12:38 AM   #166
DC5unset

DC5unset is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DC5unset is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DC5unset is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DC5unset is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DC5unset is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DC5unset is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DC5unset is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DC5unset is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
So both of my tail lights have huge puddles in them ... I drive a 2005 RSX Type S. I'm thinking about ordering the gaskets from acuraoemparts.com but I can't seem to find which ones I need to buy. Can someone help a brotha out?
DC5unset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 09:55 AM   #167
tooslowtoohappy
oops.

tooslowtoohappy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx tooslowtoohappy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx tooslowtoohappy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx tooslowtoohappy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx tooslowtoohappy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx tooslowtoohappy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx tooslowtoohappy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx tooslowtoohappy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
honestly bro i was outta work when i fixed mine so i simply removed the taillights. cleaned off all the old gasket shit from the lights and the car. then put a nice bead of silicone and slapped the lights back in. keep in mine they are now prettty much glued onto the car but it will never ever leak. i did this about 4 months ago and just went thru the rainy season in south florida and my trunks dry as a bitch. up to you on how you want to fix it but i figured if the gaskets gave out once...they will again. you feel me?
Old 01-30-2011, 06:15 PM   #168
kchansan
A Working Progress

kchansan is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx kchansan is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx kchansan is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx kchansan is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx kchansan is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx kchansan is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx kchansan is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx kchansan is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
what if u just silicone the part where the water enters so it cant enter?

Good Better Best
, never let it rest... till your good becomes better... and your better becomes best
kchansan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 07:24 AM   #169
tooslowtoohappy
oops.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kchansan View Post
what if u just silicone the part where the water enters so it cant enter?
i did this because i didnt want to buy new gaskets that would eventually leak again. i siliconed my tails and my trunk has been dry every since.(that was 10 months ago).
Old 01-31-2011, 08:15 AM   #170
da tick 07

da tick 07 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx da tick 07 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx da tick 07 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx da tick 07 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx da tick 07 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx da tick 07 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx da tick 07 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx da tick 07 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
subbed so I can get this done. I have an 06 and its my right tail light =/
da tick 07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 08:40 AM   #171
tooslowtoohappy
oops.

Quote:
Originally Posted by da tick 07 View Post
subbed so I can get this done. I have an 06 and its my right tail light =/
might as well do both. gasket will fail eventually. plus i dont know about 05 but on my 03 you have to remove bumper as well.
Old 01-31-2011, 09:14 AM   #172
BadAndy
140 lb-ft of fury

BadAndy is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by tooslowtoohappy View Post
might as well do both. gasket will fail eventually. plus i dont know about 05 but on my 03 you have to remove bumper as well.
A long screwdriver will prevent you from needing to remove the bumper.
BadAndy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 03:10 PM   #173
06RawRsx
RSXBASEFTL

06RawRsx is cool, not as cool as some though 06RawRsx is cool, not as cool as some though 06RawRsx is cool, not as cool as some though 06RawRsx is cool, not as cool as some though 06RawRsx is cool, not as cool as some though 06RawRsx is cool, not as cool as some though 06RawRsx is cool, not as cool as some though 06RawRsx is cool, not as cool as some though 06RawRsx is cool, not as cool as some though 06RawRsx is cool, not as cool as some though 06RawRsx is cool, not as cool as some though 06RawRsx is cool, not as cool as some though 06RawRsx is cool, not as cool as some though 06RawRsx is cool, not as cool as some though
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadAndy View Post
A long screwdriver will prevent you from needing to remove the bumper.
Very true, also if you have a little brother that can fit under the car without a jack

Build Thread in progress - http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=775168
06RawRsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 02:42 AM   #174
MaRv.1
Master Member

MaRv.1 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx MaRv.1 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx MaRv.1 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx MaRv.1 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx MaRv.1 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx MaRv.1 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx MaRv.1 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx MaRv.1 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06RawRsx View Post
Very true, also if you have a little brother that can fit under the car without a jack
^ or a midget.

im doing mine soon and will rewire the taillights ; )
Old 02-04-2011, 06:45 PM   #175
heavymetalmak
just working for a living

heavymetalmak is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx heavymetalmak is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx heavymetalmak is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx heavymetalmak is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx heavymetalmak is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx heavymetalmak is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx heavymetalmak is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx heavymetalmak is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
yep, gonna be replacing my gaskets after the ice and snow melt away in the driveway