DIY Taillight Gasket Replacement (Water in Trunk Fix) - Page 8 - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > GENERAL RSX > The DIY Garage RSX
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 02-07-2011, 05:22 PM   #176
VBPeter

VBPeter is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx VBPeter is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx VBPeter is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx VBPeter is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx VBPeter is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx VBPeter is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx VBPeter is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx VBPeter is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Same here. waiting til I rewire my tails to fix this issue..water in my taillights but no puddle in my trunk...
VBPeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-07-2011, 08:23 PM   #177
heavymetalmak
just working for a living

heavymetalmak is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx heavymetalmak is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx heavymetalmak is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx heavymetalmak is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx heavymetalmak is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx heavymetalmak is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx heavymetalmak is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx heavymetalmak is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
on second thought, i'll probly just take the gaskets out and just use clear silicone instead. I agree thats its ridiculous to keep having to buy gaskets. Silicone does come off the car, and its in a hidden spot. Besides, if it fixes the problem, more power to the silicone. Its supposed to snow again here in tx this week, then i expect the rain season shortly. So i gotta get on it.
Old 02-10-2011, 04:58 PM   #178
RochtypeS

RochtypeS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RochtypeS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RochtypeS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RochtypeS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RochtypeS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RochtypeS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RochtypeS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RochtypeS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
will the gaskets fit the 06 models.?
RochtypeS is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-27-2011, 10:24 PM   #179
sohu

sohu is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
FYI, the invoice I got for the gaskets ordered via P/N from Acuraoemparts.com (33502-S6M-A51 for 05-06 models):

06335-S6M-305 Gasket Kit, R. Ba
06336-S6M-305 Gasket Kit, L. Ba

I actually ordered qty. 2 of the Acuraoemparts.com, which if for one side, I would either have ended up with 2x of the left gaskets, or 2x of the right gaskets.

I guess Acuraoemparts caught that and sent me one for each side... but what if I needed two of one side? :P
sohu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 01:28 PM   #180
504rsxs
Bluestar

504rsxs is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 504rsxs is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 504rsxs is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 504rsxs is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 504rsxs is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 504rsxs is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 504rsxs is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 504rsxs is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
going get some weather sealent and seal the gap at the top. results to follow.05 type s
504rsxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 02:21 PM   #181
da tick 07

da tick 07 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx da tick 07 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx da tick 07 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx da tick 07 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx da tick 07 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx da tick 07 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx da tick 07 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx da tick 07 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
used some high temp silicon sealant that I'm using for my shift mechanism and it works wonders. My car still stinks of vinegar and this was over a week ago but we have been getting murdered with rain and so far so good.
da tick 07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 06:42 PM   #182
504rsxs
Bluestar

504rsxs is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 504rsxs is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 504rsxs is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 504rsxs is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 504rsxs is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 504rsxs is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 504rsxs is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 504rsxs is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
i found my leak to be on the driver side where the light meets the frame, ran some clear sealent along the seam to the bottom,wiped off excess sealent. and no more leak, eff buying them foam gaskets that dryrot in 6 months. plus if you need to get the lights off its not glued just run a razor blade along the seam and there you go, took 45 mins tops
Old 03-11-2011, 12:13 PM   #183
seouljahone
seouljahone

seouljahone is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
did this too worked great! i actually just went to acura and got the new seals with the adhesive back. I just ended up drilling a tiny hole on the bottom of my headlight to drain and evaporate the water, it worked flawlessly
seouljahone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 01:23 PM   #184
triptronix
DC5 - 204

triptronix is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx triptronix is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx triptronix is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx triptronix is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx triptronix is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx triptronix is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx triptronix is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx triptronix is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
I went on the acuraoem site and they only have the gasket for 02-04 years. It shouldn't matter for the 05-06 years, the gasket should still fit right?
Old 04-08-2011, 01:27 PM   #185
Wooward

Wooward is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Wooward is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Wooward is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Wooward is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Wooward is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Wooward is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Wooward is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Wooward is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by triptronix View Post
I went on the acuraoem site and they only have the gasket for 02-04 years. It shouldn't matter for the 05-06 years, the gasket should still fit right?
I bought them from my dealer for 05-06. I would just get the right gaskets and call it a day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooward View Post
Installed these back on last night. Here are the parts that I bought from the dealer.

06335-S6M-305, Gasket kit R, $11.05
06336-S6M-305, Gasket kit L, $11.05

Like someone said earlier, these are the new gaskets with the adhesive backing. The old gasket used to be the same part for Left and Right.

Don't know if it's going to work but we'll see with time.
Wooward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 05:28 PM   #186
MaRv.1
Master Member

MaRv.1 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx MaRv.1 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx MaRv.1 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx MaRv.1 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx MaRv.1 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx MaRv.1 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx MaRv.1 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx MaRv.1 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx
i used some blue water resistant silicone. i cleaned the old gaskets and applied the silicone around the marked areas. this mod was maybe 2 months ago. i havent had problems since.
Old 04-17-2011, 11:15 PM   #187
DropThatHammer
Killing Time Cult

DropThatHammer is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DropThatHammer is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DropThatHammer is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DropThatHammer is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DropThatHammer is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DropThatHammer is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DropThatHammer is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DropThatHammer is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Part numbers for 05-06 tail light gaskets are
Right: 06335-s6m-305
Left: 06336-s6m-305

Heres the link with the parts chart and list and you can also order here as well...
http://www.acuraoemparts.com/delray/...All&vinsrch=no
DropThatHammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 12:23 AM   #188
VBPeter

VBPeter is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx VBPeter is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx VBPeter is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx VBPeter is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx VBPeter is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx VBPeter is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx VBPeter is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx VBPeter is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Just recently changed my gaskets after dumping out A LOT of water out of my tailights and everythings all fixed. No more water/condensation inside my tailights
VBPeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 12:50 PM   #189
kelrog
SnakeEyes Zilla FTW

kelrog is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
I replaced my gaskets with the craft foam (had a lot of it) cut it to size. it was a bit thinner that what was originally there. But I had also purchased clear silicone caulk, and used that to seal off the areas that were giving me problems on the original gaskets.

After that I used some more of the caulk and did this, and haven't seen a drop of water in the past 4 months.

(used the silicone to seal up the holes, creating a channel for the water to run right out.)

Drivers side

Passenger side
kelrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 06:49 PM   #190
DropThatHammer
Killing Time Cult

DropThatHammer is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DropThatHammer is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DropThatHammer is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DropThatHammer is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DropThatHammer is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DropThatHammer is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DropThatHammer is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DropThatHammer is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelrog View Post
I replaced my gaskets with the craft foam (had a lot of it) cut it to size. it was a bit thinner that what was originally there. But I had also purchased clear silicone caulk, and used that to seal off the areas that were giving me problems on the original gaskets.

After that I used some more of the caulk and did this, and haven't seen a drop of water in the past 4 months.

(used the silicone to seal up the holes, creating a channel for the water to run right out.)

Drivers side

Passenger side
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck that
DropThatHammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 10:26 AM   #191
06RawRsx
RSXBASEFTL

06RawRsx is cool, not as cool as some though 06RawRsx is cool, not as cool as some though 06RawRsx is cool, not as cool as some though 06RawRsx is cool, not as cool as some though 06RawRsx is cool, not as cool as some though 06RawRsx is cool, not as cool as some though 06RawRsx is cool, not as cool as some though 06RawRsx is cool, not as cool as some though 06RawRsx is cool, not as cool as some though 06RawRsx is cool, not as cool as some though 06RawRsx is cool, not as cool as some though 06RawRsx is cool, not as cool as some though 06RawRsx is cool, not as cool as some though 06RawRsx is cool, not as cool as some though
Damn I thought mine was fixed but I got like 4" of water in my spare tire well. :firmed: Looks like I'm redoing mine and taking all the extra precautions.

Build Thread in progress - http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=775168
06RawRsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 01:36 PM   #192
kelrog
SnakeEyes Zilla FTW

kelrog is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by DropThatHammer View Post
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck that
Say that when your trunk starts sloshing, and you wanted to put subs and amp in the tire well. I'd rather be safe then sorry, and its not like you can see anything when the trunk is closed.
kelrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 08:07 PM   #193
peppy19

peppy19 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx peppy19 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx peppy19 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx peppy19 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx peppy19 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx peppy19 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx peppy19 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx peppy19 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by tooslowtoohappy View Post
i did this because i didnt want to buy new gaskets that would eventually leak again. i siliconed my tails and my trunk has been dry every since.(that was 10 months ago).
Could you describe exactly where you siliconed the lights?!
peppy19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 11:37 PM   #194
MaRv.1
Master Member

MaRv.1 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx MaRv.1 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx MaRv.1 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx MaRv.1 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx MaRv.1 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx MaRv.1 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx MaRv.1 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx MaRv.1 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx
just take off the taillights, cleaned them, use silicone on the marks and before it dries put it back on the taillight, then do the other one. put taillights back together. its easy.
Old 05-04-2011, 05:38 AM   #195
SkylineTT7
OMG DC5

SkylineTT7 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
wow nice write up...my right gasket is bad...thanks 4 the info
Done
Accelerating
- My Show-Off Thread: http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=689498
SkylineTT7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 09:39 AM   #196
drkandrew

drkandrew is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx drkandrew is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx drkandrew is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx drkandrew is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx drkandrew is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx drkandrew is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx drkandrew is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx drkandrew is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
This DIY write-up was incredibly helpful! No more condensation in my tails and no more water in the trunk. Thank you!
drkandrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 04:02 PM   #197
safaboi

safaboi is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx safaboi is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx safaboi is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx safaboi is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx safaboi is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx safaboi is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx safaboi is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx safaboi is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
so the gasket is peel and stick? i should clean the tail light first before adhering the new gasket right?
safaboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 08:17 PM   #198
sykoenigma
Master Member

sykoenigma is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx sykoenigma is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx sykoenigma is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx sykoenigma is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx sykoenigma is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx sykoenigma is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx sykoenigma is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx sykoenigma is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
this question has been asked but i still do not understand the response.

where EXACTLY do i silicone the lights? my trunk smells like a swamp and i hate it..

silicone goes where? if anyone can include a very detailed description, i haven't taken my taillights or bumper off so please be specific.
sykoenigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 07:36 PM   #199
K20 power 06

K20 power 06 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx K20 power 06 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx K20 power 06 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx K20 power 06 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx K20 power 06 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx K20 power 06 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx K20 power 06 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx K20 power 06 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
I replaced mine about 7 months ago, and already I can see a little leak starting again.
K20 power 06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 09:07 PM   #200
andersmb
Master Member

andersmb is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx andersmb is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx andersmb is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx andersmb is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx andersmb is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx andersmb is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx andersmb is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx andersmb is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by sykoenigma View Post
this question has been asked but i still do not understand the response.

where EXACTLY do i silicone the lights? my trunk smells like a swamp and i hate it..

silicone goes where? if anyone can include a very detailed description, i haven't taken my taillights or bumper off so please be specific.
maybe you should do that then..one you take em off youl'll figure it out..theres also pictures at the top of the page of extra silicone usage
andersmb is offline   Reply With Quote