Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

K-Pro + NX 100 Shot + Stock K20A = :)

6K views 75 replies 25 participants last post by  RSX0003 
#1 ·
So I had a little money race I needed to take care of, against a modded Syclone...anyway we threw on my buddies NX Wet kit in about a hour or so...and headed to the local 1/4 mile...Did a couple highway test pulls w/ the 75 shot n2o (41 maybe?) and fuel jets, felt good, ran horribly rich though...so we changed the n2o jet only to the 100 shot (52 i think it was) and kept the fuel jet as is, and went down the track. STILL ran off the scales rich, but I ran 12.6 @ 113 w/ a passenger and a bit of a delayed 3-4 shift (costing me I'm sure .3) anyway...the motor took it like a champ, no knock until 5th then just a tad (under 20 counts) even w/ 33 deg of ignition on the STOCK PLUGS. Note: I was running 100 oct fuel

I was impressed and have decided to keep the kit and get some colder plugs and tune for a 125 shot.

In short I'm pretty impressed w/ a motor that can take 100ish shot w/ 11.5:1 compression and still running the stock plugs. I know it might sound like we were really taking a chance but given where the A/F was and that we got no knock through 8K in 5th w/ the 75 shot we felt it would be fine.

#53 ·
WarmPepsi said:
he's a constant.

be lucky you're not in the midwest. :shakehead
he must talk alot of shit looking at all the posts he's made. and none of them in here have helped the thread at all, just a waste of space.

#66 ·
JJB Autowerks said:
Honestly I don't see it being high risk...there's more than enough fuel, I'll run colder plugs, I'll have 4 egt probes/monitors to make sure everything is nice, and Kpro to trim the fuel per cyl.

so you have one egt sensor in each exhaust manifold runner? how do you install them, drill holes and weld some bungs on? how do you moniter them, all on kpro or individual gauges?

#69 ·
ok i just skimmed over the post and im kinda confused... this guy is bragging about having stock everything but then it came up that he had different gear ratios and he has some insane time just because of a 100 shot... is this right?

that time is kinda insane to me... ive seen 400 hp tt supras with a slower time... hmmmmm... im not super car guy tho so flame away at this if u want

anyway i think we need to clerify one of the major BAD aspects of being ricey... and that is having a car with a fake ass body kit that wont last half a year before flying off on the highway and additionally having a badly coordinated and tuned engine that wont last even as long as the shitty body kit...

anyway in conclusion dont complain about this post having no substance when the guy is no longer responding

and
warmpepsi owns ALL so STFing Hell UP ok?

#70 ·
supras are fat asses. i know, i have one. you have to have higher numbers than an rsx to take one b/c of such a huge weight difference.

#71 ·
ssjmattz32 said:
ok i just skimmed over the post and im kinda confused... this guy is bragging about having stock everything but then it came up that he had different gear ratios and he has some insane time just because of a 100 shot... is this right?

that time is kinda insane to me... ive seen 400 hp tt supras with a slower time... hmmmmm... im not super car guy tho so flame away at this if u want

anyway i think we need to clerify one of the major BAD aspects of being ricey... and that is having a car with a fake ass body kit that wont last half a year before flying off on the highway and additionally having a badly coordinated and tuned engine that wont last even as long as the shitty body kit...

anyway in conclusion dont complain about this post having no substance when the guy is no longer responding

and
warmpepsi owns ALL so STFing Hell UP ok?
lol, i'll say it has no substance, even with the last line :laughing:

anywho, just everyone realize that you're here for fun and to learn and stuff, and no one get their undies too far up their ass, and we'll all be just fine

#72 · (Edited)
ssjmattz32 said:

Yumm my tranny/gear ratios are stock...thank you, come again.

Alpha Zero said:
there's always a risk, because no matter how much you prepare, a problem can always arise from no where.
Sure but that can be said for anything. I really don't think we were "pushing" any sort of evelope with the setup we ran. I mean seriously I was probibly around a 11:1 A/F ratio or richer. The only problem I could see with a 125 on a wet kit would be the last cyl. not getting enough fuel. But that is why I'm setting up the 4 egt monitoring system. But I would say we were running a very minimal risk @ the track...

#73 ·
JJB Autowerks said:
So I had a little money race I needed to take care of, against a modded Syclone...anyway we threw on my buddies NX Wet kit in about a hour or so...and headed to the local 1/4 mile...Did a couple highway test pulls w/ the 75 shot n2o (41 maybe?) and fuel jets, felt good, ran horribly rich though...so we changed the n2o jet only to the 100 shot (52 i think it was) and kept the fuel jet as is, and went down the track. STILL ran off the scales rich, but I ran 12.6 @ 113 w/ a passenger and a bit of a delayed 3-4 shift (costing me I'm sure .3) anyway...the motor took it like a champ, no knock until 5th then just a tad (under 20 counts) even w/ 33 deg of ignition on the STOCK PLUGS. Note: I was running 100 oct fuel

I was impressed and have decided to keep the kit and get some colder plugs and tune for a 125 shot.

In short I'm pretty impressed w/ a motor that can take 100ish shot w/ 11.5:1 compression and still running the stock plugs. I know it might sound like we were really taking a chance but given where the A/F was and that we got no knock through 8K in 5th w/ the 75 shot we felt it would be fine.
Hi JJB,

I think you'll be fine on the stock plugs, I run a CTR here in the U.K. with JRSC 9lbs boost and 50 shot nos no probs (we have our own dyno) made 340 bhp Saturday and going back to the strip next Saturday. Awesome time btw

#74 ·
JJB Autowerks said:
Sure but that can be said for anything. I really don't think we were "pushing" any sort of evelope with the setup we ran. I mean seriously I was probibly around a 11:1 A/F ratio or richer. The only problem I could see with a 125 on a wet kit would be the last cyl. not getting enough fuel. But that is why I'm setting up the 4 egt monitoring system. But I would say we were running a very minimal risk @ the track...
If you disagree with my statement again, you're a tool. :laughing: :wavey:

what you're running is a substantially higher risk than what most people do (a normal 50 or 75 shot wet).

Thats all we're refering to as far as risk.

If you tell me 125 is no more of a risk than 50 or 75, see above :laughing:

good luck man. :thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.