Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

Fuel Injector upgrade help

8K views 18 replies 10 participants last post by  Bflaker 
#1 ·
How could I see what my duty cycle is and if its getting too close to 100%??

I have I/H/E/50shot wet, and soon will have down pipe and no cat. Will getting new injectors be a good idea to cover the fuel needs of what i have and give me more upgrade room? Also, will my stock k20z1 ECU handle this, and what size injectors would be good? 440-450?

Any Brand recommendations, RC or Precision? Is this just a "plug and play" mod?

#4 ·
ha i know we were kinda tryin to rebel it out and stay with the wet shot but now that i have kpro im getting the ct 520cc injectors so i can run dry... find a way to do it man its really nice having kpro, also if you do get injectors you wont be able to adjust your fuel or read your duty cycle all which you can do with kpro.

also just to give you an idea cause we had pretty much the same thing, just on the motor i was hitting 75 and 78% at wot

#5 ·
ya i want kpro, I am going to read everything i can and try to learn it so i can jump right into tuning when it comes.

so p-nut? RC 550's with kpro. will that give some more breathing room for other upgrades?

Oh, and since i have 05 z1 i have to get the 02-04 ecu with harness right? will an 05 version come out soon or will this be the only way? It kinda sux becuase i think it was about 400 bucks extra

#8 ·
alright, every day im getting more convinced to just put down some cash and half on a credit card. haha

thanks,

p-nut
magnesium
ravenlin
rensoyka

2 last questions, will the 04 ECU conversion have any weird issues in my 05? and secondly is there somewhere i can download and print off the "instruction manual" or "user guide" so i can learn everything, pop it in and go when i get it? oh and i mean BESIDES hondata, maybe some other good tips page or something, anything helps

#16 ·
alright, every day im getting more convinced to just put down some cash and half on a credit card. haha

thanks,

p-nut
magnesium
ravenlin
rensoyka

2 last questions, will the 04 ECU conversion have any weird issues in my 05? and secondly is there somewhere i can download and print off the "instruction manual" or "user guide" so i can learn everything, pop it in and go when i get it? oh and i mean BESIDES hondata, maybe some other good tips page or something, anything helps
get used to not enjoying cruise control... the different electronics+a countershaft driven speed sensor make sure you can't enjoy it... the difference in speed sensors causes the speedo to blip... often... causing cruise to kick off. sometimes you can get 5 minutes out of it, but most of the time it happens about every 20 seconds.

#12 ·
Its going to take you some time to get used to tuning it and the added effect of not being that familiar with what you are doing will make it take a little bit longer. Just remember the correct ways to datalog and always make small changes then test, and when tuning nitrous always add more fuel and pull more ignition for the first run. Then go back and pull fuel and ignition in small amounts till its a good AFR and not knocking.

#13 ·
Ditto^^^^

I'm running Precision 525cc's at 72% Duty Cycle with a 104hp(.048) shot controlled through K-PRO. A 104hp(.048) shot is about 90whp. So that would put me around 310whp on the same Dynapak I dyno'd 220whp on. Unless you plan on going over 350whp, 525's or 550's will be fine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.