Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

Does Nitrous Void Warranty?

6K views 27 replies 13 participants last post by  AzaghalSEI 
G
#1 ·
Does anyone know if Nitrous voids the new car warranty? I would think it has to, if it does, could you just remove all contents or would if be that obvious to the dealer that you had it in? Or does it just depend on who is doing the work and which mechanic at the dealership is looking at your car and what work you are having done.

Thanks

RSX Type-S
AEM CAI
Greddy Evolution
more to come...

:shooting: :thumbsup:

#27 ·
UncleBen's said:
Sweet, you might have turned me to the dark-side!... bwahaha... err umm. So one more question, if you were to say only use it once a week, if that. How much engine life would be shortened off the engine if any, with a 50 or 75(doubt it, but if it seems safe after a while, an upgrade may be deemed as a good thing) dry shot with the Venom 1000 kit(only dry kit I know of that has been proven safe on the RSX?) properly setup and used of course.
I haven't done an install on an RSX at all yet, so I couldn't tell you the specifics to anything on the K20 motor. The GSRs could handle a 50 shot everyday and it wouldn't kill it. I mean of course it's going to put normal wear and tear on your motor just like redlining it everyday. There are those on here that have it on their RSX, so they may have more specific info on this. :thumbsup:

#28 ·
Alpha Zero said:

I haven't done an install on an RSX at all yet, so I couldn't tell you the specifics to anything on the K20 motor. The GSRs could handle a 50 shot everyday and it wouldn't kill it. I mean of course it's going to put normal wear and tear on your motor just like redlining it everyday. There are those on here that have it on their RSX, so they may have more specific info on this. :thumbsup:
We should make a life expectancy table.. haha Like they have for smoking. :nervous: :laughing:

Az :wavey:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.