Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

Nitrous opinion

5K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  kungkungbing 
#1 ·
So I wanted to get another opinion on running nitrous..Ive been told because of my compression its not a good idea that theres a high possibility its going to crack the sleeve

my set up is

k20/k24
12:5 87.5mm wesico pistons
blue print h beam rods
supertech flat valves, springs and retainers
drag cartel cams 004
skunk2 ultra intake manifold
90mm skunk 2 tb
private label race header
3in kteller straight pipe
custom cold air intake
1000cc fuel lab injectors
kpro
tuned on e85

really wanted to run 100 wet shot but let me know what yall think

See less See more
#3 ·
GOOD LUCK!!! do it! seriously! many people are against it... I was told when i put it on my D16 that i was dumb and was gonna blow the motor. i had H/I/E intake mani and a few other bolt-ons and had ZERO issues i ran a zex dry 55 shot... just when you run a setup use two step colder plugs and premium fuel. in your case someone else might be able to verify this but a 100 shot you might want to tweet the timing +/- 1-2 degree with pro you should be able to get it running just right and it might also help to get a A/F gauge so you can see whats going on. on and depending where your from get a permit! some of my friends were very surprised when i applied for a nitrous permit so i would be less likely to get in trouble f i was pulled over it was a CYA thing. good luck!

#4 ·
annnnddddd forgot to mention you asked if 100 shot is good, i forgot the exact number but i believe the rule of thumb is about 50% of the vehicles HP so say a stock motor is 160 then a 80 shot "should" be ok but you are built up a little so 100 should be good just watch your numbers like i said an A/F gauge is a good tool!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.