Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

KaBOOMMM!! RSX DIES

5K views 80 replies 36 participants last post by  GiZiM 
#1 ·
Yes people. My engine is royally scrwed I presume. After picking up my first bottle from the dealer today I shot it all day. After I figure that my clutch couldnt really handle the 100 shot I stopped shooting it,. Then just about an hour ago my best friend still didnt see and he is complaining to me about how he really wants me to shoot it. So we go out on the highway and Im spraying and then Kaboom. Smoke poors out of the engine and Im guessing I fucked up the trans and blew my engine. I called acura roadide assistande and the lady said it goes to the dealer for free but to your house its more. I was only a mile away frommy house and she said it was gonna cost 95. We waited for an hour and the tow truck never showed. My dad came with a rope and he "towed " me home. Now I am about to cry because I realize I have to take everrything out of my car before it goes off to the dealer. My car had 12000 miles on it . Im going to sleep. Im so fucked. What should I do?

#2 ·
Nitrous kit for sale and Apexi vafc ii

#3 · (Edited)
Man that sucks big time, I hope everything works out at the dealer. Roadside assistance was obviously no help, and I would consider complaining about that. Its a brand new car and hopefully they will cover it under warantee. We shall see... :dontknow:

#7 ·
Yes I started with a 100 shot. So you everyone here realy believes this wont be covered under warranty? I plan to take out EVERYTHING, each and every mod. Car does not run at all, and it wont crank over. Im a emotional mess right now, cause Im am not sure what my stupid ass is going to do in this sitituation.

#8 ·
yeah. nitrous is not a warrenty-able item. as i remember, az's base engine was roughly 7k with install.

the computer will tell them the parameters of what failed. if you over-revved or such.

if it does get covered, you are one lucky mofo. i'd put money on "not a chance", especially, when i can't get acura to own up to their own service bulletions :shakehead

#9 ·
Anything I can do to make the situtaion better? I need to get a new fuel line, and put my stock air box in.What else? What exactyly was AZ's deal with Acura. What did he say?

#14 ·
wait til they see what it is.... they'll determine the cause.....then they'll say "well, what in the world would have caused it" and they'll look for scarring, or anything else that would give it away.

also, believe it or not, dealerships and corporations keep an eye on stuff like this. Ask some of the new evo owners that have been denied warrenty claims because dealers have photos of them at a track/transcripts of admitted problems. This forum is run by clubrsx, but that doesn't keep those people off of it. just be careful what you say/admit. :thumbsup:

#16 ·
it was a single fogger with msd window switch and a wot switch. I really don't know what caused this except for the nitrous, obviously. Everything was working fine all day yesterday, MY FIRST DAY ON THE BOTTLE, and then at night my firend wanted to see what was up. We went for a ride, and that was my last ride for awhile. I am taking out my setup as we speak, and i wanted to know if anyone knows the fuel line i need to buy to replace my T'd fuel line. If warranty does not cover it, would it be wiser just to look for a type r motor?

#17 ·
was it automotive or medical grade? Automotive grade contains sulfur and will yellow parts of the motor, whereas medical grade does not and will not be detectable. Also, change your spark plugs as those can give it away. Also, try to reset the ecu, maybe that's not letting the car start.

#18 ·
hmm...Yes the car wont even turn over when I try to start it up. All these lights go on the dash and it wont crank over. Doesnt even sound liek the alternator is working. I found a dc5 motor on ebay for 2800 plus 300 shipping. HMMMM..... Im screwed

#19 · (Edited)
Well, not much you can do now. I am going to have to say that the dealer will be able to tell very easily. Just start saving for a new motor. I would suggest finding a good local mechanic and having him do the labor if you can. At Acura of Ramsey they charged me $96 an hour for a simple intake valve fix. Also, you may want to try finding someone on the boards who lives in this area and may be able to help you out. Good luck Caesar. :nervous: If I can help you out in any way give me a call.

#20 ·
Could anyone help with a dc5 engine swap ?

#21 ·
I pulled out the plugs and the thrid one has shot. It was so worn down i almost shit a brick. I could only imagine what my piston looks like. Alll the others were okay.

#22 ·
Caesar1 said:
I pulled out the plugs and the thrid one has shot. It was so worn down i almost shit a brick. I could only imagine what my piston looks like. Alll the others were okay.
iight, well if you're going to the dealership and if you can't run your car, throw 4 plugs in your buddy's car and drive that around, then put them in your car so they look driven on and not new.

Do you know what type of nitrous you were using?

#23 ·
Good idea. Not medical grade nitrous, regular nitrous. I am parting out my car so let me know if you need naything.

#25 ·
nothing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.