Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

KaBOOMMM!! RSX DIES

5K views 80 replies 36 participants last post by  GiZiM 
#1 ·
Yes people. My engine is royally scrwed I presume. After picking up my first bottle from the dealer today I shot it all day. After I figure that my clutch couldnt really handle the 100 shot I stopped shooting it,. Then just about an hour ago my best friend still didnt see and he is complaining to me about how he really wants me to shoot it. So we go out on the highway and Im spraying and then Kaboom. Smoke poors out of the engine and Im guessing I fucked up the trans and blew my engine. I called acura roadide assistande and the lady said it goes to the dealer for free but to your house its more. I was only a mile away frommy house and she said it was gonna cost 95. We waited for an hour and the tow truck never showed. My dad came with a rope and he "towed " me home. Now I am about to cry because I realize I have to take everrything out of my car before it goes off to the dealer. My car had 12000 miles on it . Im going to sleep. Im so fucked. What should I do?

#27 · (Edited)
how much for the HID bulbs/ballasts/amps? im me

as far as your issue- i wouldnt even take it to the dealer, cause they are going to know what happened and charge you for the diagnostic work in the end most likely. just find a good engine on ebay or whatever and drop it in. i wouldnt take it to a speed shop or dealer either. for a full shop, a simple motor transplant is actually fairly easy, it unbolts, lifts out and the new one goes in. the reason its hard for most people is simple lack of experience or lack of tools. find some mom and pop shop(aka private owned for non-********) in town that works on foreign cars and take it to them, itll save you several hundreds of dollars in labor and they get the job done just as well and most likely in less time w/ less BS to you, not to mention your dealer probably hasnt changed out any motors from an 02 car lately anyway. contrary to popular belief most of those shops do a real damn good job on thier work and any good one will garantee the labor they do. i know of several shops like that in my area. the trick is to look for one thats been around for a while, cause private repair is no different than performance shops: they dont do a good job, they arent around very long. word travels fast in ANY town.

just my $.02 on what i would do if i were in your shoes and on your budget. good luck.

#29 ·
hey man im from jersey too...vernon...sussex county. my friend has a shop and does really good work so if ur interested i could get u his number and u could set something up. im sure he would help u find a motor and hook u up with a decent price for a motor swap. let me know

#32 ·
that sucks but trust me I just got my car back after being at Acura for two weeks for a tranny rebuild cause I revved the engine when the car wasn't fully in gear downshifting from third to second then bang second gear was completely stripped by the shift forks and the shrapnel ruined the rest of the tranny. At first they weren't going to cover it but they did cause there was no proof that I did anything. I don't know what happened but it would have cost me 4g's cause it was about 2600 in parts and the rest was all labor. pm me cause i have some inside info that can help maybe get you covered by warranty if done right I'm just not going to post it on the board.

#33 ·
see, as much as you want it to be covered........ you know damn straight it shouldn't be. you misshifted, and screwed up your car, through no fault of acura. same as n2o, if you use it and fuxor something to pieces, you know you did it, it's your own damn fault.

:shakehead

when are people gonna own up to their own mistakes, rather than pass the buck. This pisses me off because, plain as day it's your fault, but acura covered it. YET, they won't cover their own service bulletions. little stuff, that they admitted was wrong, and won't fix.

#34 ·
I didn't misshift if you listened to what I said I said it didn't fully go into gear for some unknown reason notof my fault cause I never miss a gear with my short shifter. Something went wrong and bang it popped out of gear and chipped all the teeth off second. I wasn't racing and I didn't misshift. Don't try to play me like I'm some young ricer kid that can't drive, something went wrong in the tranny that was not my fault and I was covered. You're girling like you took your car to Acura and got screwed before, thats not my problem get your people skills up to par and learn how to talk to them and they'll take care of you.

#35 ·
nah, it wasn't solely directed at you. and it wasn't solely directed at ceasar.

however, i will say
cause I revved the engine when the car wasn't fully in gear downshifting from third to second
does sound like a misshift. If it wasn't, good, awesome :thumbsup:

regardless.... do you see the point i'm getting at? it's almost not american to accept fault for anything. we sue each other over the color of a sticker, or because we spilled coffee.

we know n2o is gonna put extra wear and tear on stuff. we know if it's not installed right, it can fry an engine, melt pistons, so forth.
so when you use it, be sure you can pay for those "accidents".

:thumbsup:

#36 ·
you're exactly right I thought you were coming at me my bad, but I see what you're saying but think about it, if I tell you that you'll have to pay x amount of thousand dollars to repair something when you do something wrong what are you going to do fess up and pay the money or try to think of a way out. Thats the way of life in this country unfortunately.

#38 ·
I can tell you right now, Acura will not cover the motor. Period. End of story. It's not going to happen. You can try your best to hide the evidence, but it will be there. The reason lot of dealerships are getting more harsh on customer's warranty claims are because of this like this. Things that they shouldn't have to cover is getting charged to them, so they are losing money. This gives the rest of the people going in for legitimate claims to get the shaft. Either way, I'll tell you now, it won't be covered. I've torn down many motors in my time, and if nitrous has been run on it, I know. I'm sure the head tech at the Acura dealer can find the same thing I would see.

#41 ·
If you can do the right talking it is possible. I am just wondering what the ECU will read and waht they can see in detection to nitrous. Insurance claim possibly. A friend of mine over revved his S to 9700 and blew a rod. Sat down with insurance agent and honda dealership owner and figured out a plan.

GOod luck-- anything is possible with the right talking.

I blew 4 stock shocks with springs and got them all replaced bc I talked right and wrote many thank you letters and got to know the people. America is about connections.

#44 ·
hey man

sorry to hear what happened

honestly about 3 seconds before i wrote this iw as about to say shit how you shouldn't try to take it back for the warrantee...how its stupid...well...instead of being insulting all i'm going to say is...

well you can't take it back to the dealer...but look at it this way

1) take this time out to mod the car if you really wanted to...anyone read the car and driver fourgasm??
find a k24 from an accord and find a turbo and make a torque monster...or get a tsx engine...or another rsx engine...be creative

well i guess thats the only reason i had...but if you do take it to the dealer and you get away with it...car karma does exist...remember that

#45 ·
BTW: I did not get away with it. Basically they told me they needed my authorizatrion to send it away to be inspected, and that would cost 1000 dollars if they found it was tampered with. Its at a mechanic now, Im looking for a k20a, but i dont have much luck. All of them are around 6 g's. I only have 4 to spend.

#47 ·
just to let you know Honda Corporations r not idiots on finding out if the car had previous upgrades. They have sophisticated comps to tell.

They will ask themselves "what could have cause a stock type S motor to blow, without being miss-shifted?"

#51 ·
pm with offers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.