Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

KaBOOMMM!! RSX DIES

5K views 80 replies 36 participants last post by  GiZiM 
#1 ·
Yes people. My engine is royally scrwed I presume. After picking up my first bottle from the dealer today I shot it all day. After I figure that my clutch couldnt really handle the 100 shot I stopped shooting it,. Then just about an hour ago my best friend still didnt see and he is complaining to me about how he really wants me to shoot it. So we go out on the highway and Im spraying and then Kaboom. Smoke poors out of the engine and Im guessing I fucked up the trans and blew my engine. I called acura roadide assistande and the lady said it goes to the dealer for free but to your house its more. I was only a mile away frommy house and she said it was gonna cost 95. We waited for an hour and the tow truck never showed. My dad came with a rope and he "towed " me home. Now I am about to cry because I realize I have to take everrything out of my car before it goes off to the dealer. My car had 12000 miles on it . Im going to sleep. Im so fucked. What should I do?

#53 ·
I try to PM you but your mailbox is full.
Heres my offer:
Apexi VAFC II - $200.00
Racing Hart Rims - $500.00 w/ tires
RSX all weather floor mats - $20.00
DC Sports strut bar - $50.00

Thats all I can offer you.

#56 ·
People, just think about your financial obligations. If you can give up 4 grand on a motor bc you needed to run second faster in the quarter or impress someone--fine. If you 'hope' nothing will ever happened and cant afford to even fix a potential problem-- dont get it. Someone, close this thread or start putting up those parts for sale. We all get the picture. Honda Corp will not cover you unless you pull a miguiver and they never take the motor for that $1000 inspection. Talk, but never let them see your problem mechanically.

#57 ·
Instead of putting a 600 dollar mod on your car that can potentially destroy ur car. Why dont you invest it.

Bublik - I dont they have to worry about financial obligation cause mommy and daddy pay for it (not saying theirs anything wrong w/ that). But if you actually work you ass for your car, you would think twice before putting a spray or any other mod. I am 18 and I barely have anything extra for myself to get mods for my baby.

Caesar1 - how about them rims ? 500 bucks

#58 ·
I work for my car. I pay the car note, insurance, mortage, and a whole bunch of misc. bills. I still put nitrous on my Hondata'd RSX. Difference here is I know what the hell I'm doing. Thing that drives me nuts is people who don't know ANYTHING AT ALL about nitrous talking smack about it. NITROUS DOESN'T BLOW YOUR MOTOR! Misuse of it does. Just like how a guns don't kill people, the person pulling the trigger does. Get off the notion that nitrous is dangerous. As I've said before, don't knock it if you don't know jack shit about it or if you've never tried it.

#60 · (Edited)
We are a machine shop in Delaware that does performance builds and rebuilds..we specialize in Honda/Acura cars, so to let you know, if you were interested in rebuilding your engine, that is also a possibility..If you wanted your mechanic to remove and install the motor, and just bring the motor to us, that is also a possibility (may save you from towing fees)..we have several shop cars and satisfied Customers ranging from mild street builds to very high hp turbo/supercharged/nitrous applications..I also personally own a RSX Type S..We offer full machining services including port/polish, high perf valve jobs, bottom end builds, or even sleeving if that is the route you were looking for..

Just to let you know, our prices are VERY reasonable, much below what you would find at a normal machine shop..All of our Customers have been 100 % satisfied and we have very good relationships/discounted services with most of our repeat Customers..We are willing to work with you as far as hours go; there have been numerous times where a Customer has needed help at very "off" hours that we've been able to accomodate..

This may be something you want to think about; for the dollars spent, you can get a much more mod-friendly setup than a stock K20A Type R setup can be..Feel free to PM me if you are interested and we can get a price estimate for you (you might be pleasantly surprised)..We have many distributors for both aftermarket and OEM parts, and our turn-around time is very quick, as much as our free-time outside of normal work hours is spent with our business as well..PM if interested..

-Destrie..

#67 ·
all i can say is damn tsk tsk tsk.

#68 ·
Acura coveres 100% of all fees caused my a warranty claim. Dealerships lose no money. BUT the Techs get paid ALOT less when its warranty work, also they ahve to prove that it was a factory defect then send it to Acura then they sometimes pick items and random to see if it really was a defect then if there wasnt, the dealership gets charged or something like that. Least thats how NIssan does things.

#70 · (Edited)
Is the head damaged? If not you could always just buy a 2.3L shortblock from the guy at "the other place". Get it with about a 12.5:1 comp ratio and wait for some good cams to come out. No nitrous needed on a setup like that.

#71 ·
not sure if this was posted yet, but i did some recent reading on the nitrous/motor relationship. pretty much for a stock engine, and fuel, the highest one can go is 75 shot on a 4 cylinder without it going lean and melting anything. anything above that really needs to use race fuel, work on engine (i.e. basics, forged rods, pistons, compression, etc..). so this in mind, might be the reason you blew your motor, also its probly not best to spray all day long, especially when your motor is new to nitrous.

#75 ·
WarmPepsi said:
this is true, thankfully for you, the nx jet settings are FAIR from lean. they're actually quite rich. (i'm sure nos is the same way, but i've never used nos, just nx. )
yes they are. All kits usually come a little on the rich side, so that the novice won't kill themselves too fast.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.