Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask Your Nitrous Questions Here! (Q/A Thread)

119K views 2K replies 266 participants last post by  Big Black Boss 
#1 ·
Ok, we got a couple of threads goin around right now asking basically the same stuff, so i figured I'd turn this into one big Q/A. :thumbsup:

SuperSlowRsx, Your post got deleted when i was trying to merge this thread. Was my fault, the new forums > me. :D

#2 ·
After deciding which path i should take, i finally choose nitrous. After reading the sticky, there are some questions that i havent found in the threads.
How much does installation cost (average)? And how long does it take?

Do I need better tires cause of loss of traction?
Appreciate any replies

thanks tuan
Installation is normally done by the end user, it's not really that rough.

Do you need better tires? If you still have the stock ones, yes. they suck.

the next big decision to make, is how much you're gonna put into it (safety) and how big you're gonna go. (shot size)

#3 ·
thanks for the reply and good idea of turning it into a big Q/A

I was thinking of goin 50 shot since i read from the sticky that it wont wear down the engine alot if use correctly.

#5 ·
the fastest 50 shot to date was a 13.8 with a young jdkindle ( i say young, because he had MANY MANY more passes after it, running NA )

expreience = key. with a bad launch (me = horrible) it'll net you mid to low 14's. a 50 shot is about equal with hondata ( hondata= less power, but longer revs = not as much shifting.)

#9 ·
well, the 35, 50, and 75 settings are directly from nx. the hundred was a user-tested one..... i think az was one of the first, but not sure who tried it first, anywho, the 35,50 and 75 are set sizes.

many people will use what they have, they're in it for the quick and easy, they won't be experimenting with buying different sized jets.

edit: the 35, 50, and 75 are also said to be the crank hp. I disagree, but thats what NX and Nos state.

#10 ·
Theres one thing I quite don't understand. To activate nitrous you press an omniswitch(remote bottle opener i guess), which opens the bottle, then the nitrous flows to ur intake manifold (rite?) there combustion begins. Im guessing you need a window setup so you don't rev into redline (3500-6500). When it hits 6500 nitrous gets cut off. Since I'm just guessing this is how the activate sequence of nitrous works could ya tell me if i got some of it right? This would really clear things up.
thanks
tuan

#11 ·
How to activate a wet nitrous setup:

1) Open Bottle either with manual knob on top of bottle, or automatic opener switch.

2) Liquid Nitrous travels to the Nitrous Solenoid and stops there because the solenoid is closed.

3) Fuel is stopped at the Fuel Solenoid because it's closed.

4) While travelling in your vehicle, you can do one of two things. Mash the gas, then turn on the ARM switch (which puts power to the solenoids), and in turn, OPENS the solenoids to allow fuel and nitrous to enter the intake manifold. Or you could arm it first, then mash the gas - as long as the WOT (Wide Open Throttle) switch is activated, and the arm switch is on, you will spray.

5) a "window switch" isn't necessarily needed. (Mine is still sitting in it's packaging, un-used).

#12 ·
Need help with Nitrous

I'm at that point where I need more power and I've choose Nitrous as my next step but I don't know much about it. I'm thinking about going with the NX 75 shot. I'm not sure how it all works, any info or replys would be great.

#13 ·
RedDragon5 said:
I'm at that point where I need more power and I've choose Nitrous as my next step but I don't know much about it. I'm thinking about going with the NX 75 shot. I'm not sure how it all works, any info or replys would be great.
check out the sticky, and just stay tuned to some of these threads...... even check out nitrousexpress.com and nosnitrous.com for some basic nitrous info.

:thumbsup:

#14 ·
DynaSpeed said:
5) a "window switch" isn't necessarily needed. (Mine is still sitting in it's packaging, un-used).
this is exactly right. it's not a "required" piece. However, a mechanical WOT switch, subject to junk under the hook, is by no means fail-proof. A window switch is just another safety item to keep the chance of bad things from happening down.

window switch = $125 with all pills (possibly even cheaper)
stuck wot switch, blown motor = quite a bit more ;)

#15 ·
thanks that cleared up somethings i was wondering. Is there another way to hide the nitrous bottle instead where the spare tire is? I was thinking of putting it below the rear passenger seats or is that where the fuel tank is.

#19 ·
DynaSpeed said:
3) Fuel is stopped at the Fuel Solenoid because it's closed.

4) While travelling in your vehicle, you can do one of two things. Mash the gas, then turn on the ARM switch (which puts power to the solenoids), and in turn, OPENS the solenoids to allow fuel and nitrous to enter the intake manifold. Or you could arm it first, then mash the gas - as long as the WOT (Wide Open Throttle) switch is activated, and the arm switch is on, you will spray.
So when you let go of the throttle the fuel solenoid will be closed and you will stop spraying but then you have to turn on the arm switch again to activate nitrous again or Im just making this complicated sorry.
thanks

tuan

#20 ·
SuperSlowRsx said:
So when you let go of the throttle the fuel solenoid will be closed and you will stop spraying but then you have to turn on the arm switch again to activate nitrous again or Im just making this complicated sorry.
thanks

tuan
you won't fit a bottle of any size under there. too big around.

think of n2o like old christmas lights, if one bulb is out, it won't turn on.

if one thing isn't right ( not at WOT, not armed, not enough fuel pressure, not the correct rpms ) the system will not spray.

when you take your foot off the gas, ( not at WOT ) you won't spray, but you'll still be armed.

my setup is such that you have to have the pedal all the way down to trigger the switch, therefore, i can be at 90% throttle ( accellerating as fast as i can ) and then push down a little harder for the nx to spray. when you back off just a bit, the selenoids close, and you're no longer spraying.

#26 ·
about the window switch..its really to stop nitrous if u miss shift or accidently floored in at low rpms with the system activated b/c say ur wot switch got stuck on activation while ur not at wot..u basically blew ur motor regardless if u have the window switch b/c most people set the pills at 3000-7900rpms. and b/c the wot switch is stuck it will keep on spraying while slowing down or whatnot. Does this make sense?

this also brings up something i had wondered about, say u want to use nitrous in a race, is it ok to just floor it and then active the whole system when u want to use it? so once u activate the system it would spray right away while u had it at wot, is that ok?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.