Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask Your Nitrous Questions Here! (Q/A Thread)

119K views 2K replies 266 participants last post by  Big Black Boss 
#1 ·
Ok, we got a couple of threads goin around right now asking basically the same stuff, so i figured I'd turn this into one big Q/A. :thumbsup:

SuperSlowRsx, Your post got deleted when i was trying to merge this thread. Was my fault, the new forums > me. :D

#27 ·
That's EXACTLY how I've always used my system. I like the CFM to be flowin'.... it's much safer this way. Plus, it's cool cuz you already have the pedal on the floor, and you flip the arm and..... seeyaaaa.... haha - like a "flip-on kick-in-the-pants". :)

I have tried the "already be armed and mash the pedal down" method on the dyno, and it blew my intake clean off. It was entirely my fault, because I wanted to see what would happen, but I didn't have the rpms high enough, and the chain-reaction of not enough cfm and the n2o trying to get into the cylinders just didn't work out.

#29 ·
no, thats because you were a n00b, activating too low.

see az's number 3 piston for result.

the mash method is exactly the same, providing your wot switch kicks in RIGHT AT WOT. you can drive around armed all the time, just don't put it that last 1/8 inch down.

#30 ·
so....u blew ur motor or just the intake..and thats b/c it was already armed and u just floored it?
just the intake.

no, thats because you were a n00b, activating too low.
:) Hmm.. it wasn't the only factor. The bottle being nearly empty also contributed. I thought 3500 would be ok, but it wasn't, and I'm still convinced I would have been ok if my TB would have been flowing max cfm at those rpms, because I've sprayed lower than that with no ill-effects with the other method. I also think that vtec being activated on the intake side and not on the exhaust side doesn't help the situation when mashing the pedal while armed.

#36 ·
a dry kit will only have a nitrous selenoid.

a wet kit will have a fuel and a nitrous selenoid both. Unless you're gonna do something elaborate, you only want to run a wet kit on the rsx.

edit: if you get into 9 miles of dry stuff, i'm no help, never used a dry kit.

#37 ·
WarmPepsi said:
a dry kit will only have a nitrous selenoid.

a wet kit will have a fuel and a nitrous selenoid both. Unless you're gonna do something elaborate, you only want to run a wet kit on the rsx.

edit: if you get into 9 miles of dry stuff, i'm no help, never used a dry kit.
how do u recognize the dry and wet kit?
since I got the NOS kit and i still don't know which type is this?

thaks

#40 ·
Before i ask my question i wanna ask that no one comments on which model rsx i have, i've heard it more than enough and "why didnt you just get a type-s" is completely irrelevant to my question. Having said that, can you safely use nitrous on a base auto rsx? and if so what would need to be upgraded to make sure it is safe? Thank you!

#42 ·
Im sorry, scratch that question, lol. I just found my answer in another thread.

#45 ·
A few questions along the lines of the K-pro and Nitrous.. (lets assume dry kit)

You would basically be running the hondata #4 program before spraying, then you can retard timing and dump fuel when spraying?

I noticed you can trigger the nitrous on throttle position, rpm, and speed.. SO you could not spray in first if wanted?

Lets say you want to turn the nitrous off, you obviously close the bottle, but do you have to hook your lap top back up and put in the hondata 4 program so you don't run rich as hell at WOT...
granted it would only be a couple seconds, but you still have to lug your lap top around..

Would this take spraying on the fly out.. since you need to load a different program.. instead of just arming the switch and opening the bottle (in a wet kit set-up)??

Or could you hook some type of program switch button up to k-pro or would the lap top always be needed??

#47 ·
WarmPepsi said:
yes,

yes,

the nitrous is still enabled with a switch, when the switch isn't on, you can't spray.
cool,
cool,

yeah I understand that.. but when the switch is off, the ecu is still running on the same rules as it had under nitrous.. thus when you hit a certain rpm, at a certain speed, at cartain throttle, bang, your running rich as hell, the ecu doesn't 'know' you not spraying anything...

or does the ecu 'know' and run a different program??

#49 ·
WarmPepsi said:
no, as i understand the program, it runs the #4, or whatever setting you have all the time..... but has an option to swap to another map when nitrous is engaged.

thats how i understand it from their info.
wow, thats cool...

That also makes sense from an RTOS point of view.. It would be easy to switch maps on a discreet coming in...

Thanks for the info...

#51 ·
I heard from many threads that 50 shot is not enough and 75 shot is better. So if you switch to 75 shots would you need to upgrade anything other than colder plugs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.