Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask Your Nitrous Questions Here! (Q/A Thread)

119K views 2K replies 266 participants last post by  Big Black Boss 
#1 ·
Ok, we got a couple of threads goin around right now asking basically the same stuff, so i figured I'd turn this into one big Q/A. :thumbsup:

SuperSlowRsx, Your post got deleted when i was trying to merge this thread. Was my fault, the new forums > me. :D

#52 ·
SuperSlowRsx said:
I heard from many threads that 50 shot is not enough and 75 shot is better. So if you switch to 75 shots would you need to upgrade anything other than colder plugs?
Don't even need colder plugs.
50 shot is fun and a good point to start at. It's not like your not going to notice the 50 shot spraying.

#53 ·
exactly. 50 shot is a decent shot, but as you get bigger, naturally you'll notice it more :laughing:

and no, nothing even needed...... i've said this a few hundred times..... people have and do run 125 on stock everything, including plugs. Do i reccommend it? no. 50-75 on a stage colder is about as idiotproof as you're gonna get. :D

#57 ·
if you're simply wantin to run some nitrous, you want a wet kit. Check out the stickies and a few of the threads around here, they got some great info.

a dry kit can only be run with fairly serious modifications (or a k-series programmable ecu).

nx + nos are basically identical components, and most people are runnin one of those two kits.

#58 ·
this is the biggest nitrous noob question ever....

alright, so theoretically, i've just bought a NX wet kit from the clubRSX store. i've never used nitrous before and am not that familiar with it. i want to run as safe as possible, with around a 75shot. what do i need?

so far, what i've come up with is the window switch, remote bottle opener, pressure guage, and bottle warmer. would anything else be recommended?

also, i've just installed(and spent good money) on some Bosch +4 plugs. would these be suitable for my application of nitrous?

#59 ·
You've pretty much got it all... I would personally skip the remote bottle opener just for the fact that you may be more tempted to overuse the juice! Especially if your planning on just using it for the track... If you plan to use it all the time then it would be a handy tool...

The window switch is a nice safety device that will prevent you from going into fuel cut abd blowing your motor... Deffinate plus for a first time user!

The pressure guage is a must for any nitrous system, and the bottle opener is mandatory for solid N2O shots especially if you live in a colder climate...

Id recomend a front mount fuel pressure gauge and a N2O pressure gauge so you always can keep an eye on what your system is doing...Also a blow down tube is a great safety device that will alow you too run on most tracks without any problems.

For plugs I'd use a step cooler NGK and Ive heard some Irrdiums work well... Just make sure you keep an eye on them!!! I am not sure if those specific plugs work well on the RSX as Ive only owed mine for a couple of months, so just try a search... That may help you out.

Adam

#60 ·
VanCityk20a2 said:
You've pretty much got it all... I would personally skip the remote bottle opener just for the fact that you may be more tempted to overuse the juice! Especially if your planning on just using it for the track... If you plan to use it all the time then it would be a handy tool...

The window switch is a nice safety device that will prevent you from going into fuel cut abd blowing your motor... Deffinate plus for a first time user!

The pressure guage is a must for any nitrous system, and the bottle opener is mandatory for solid N2O shots especially if you live in a colder climate...

Id recomend a front mount fuel pressure gauge and a N2O pressure gauge so you always can keep an eye on what your system is doing...Also a blow down tube is a great safety device that will alow you too run on most tracks without any problems.

For plugs I'd use a step cooler NGK and Ive heard some Irrdiums work well... Just make sure you keep an eye on them!!! I am not sure if those specific plugs work well on the RSX as Ive only owed mine for a couple of months, so just try a search... That may help you out.

Adam
wow, we've taught this guy well :thumbsup:

i think you meant bottle WARMER instead of opener for colder climates though ;)

as with him, i'm not familiar with your specific plug. I'm runnin one stage colder, ik 24's.

#61 ·
OOPs.. Yes that is suppose to read bottle warmer, thats what I get for not proof reading my posts...Yes I have learned much about RSX's from this site... I have been interested in N20 for many years and have done my homework, as all people that squeeze should! Its only dangerous if you DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING, and Im the type of guy that want's to know exactly how everything works and all the possible things that can go wrong.
But I have read almost everypost in the nitrous forum on this site and have learned much from all of your experiances...
Adam

#63 · (Edited by Moderator)
this is a good deal right

Warm Pepsi's Edit:

We ask that you don't throw up prices and locations to find kits. The online store sells NX, and thats what keeps these forums afloat. :thumbsup:

I've seen the basic kit you listed sold for more and sold for less ( with no install ), however i'd advise you to look more into the safety aspect of it ( window switch, bottle heater, remote opener, and at least an electric nitrous gauge visable from the drivers seat )

#64 ·
VanCityk20a2 said:
OOPs.. Yes that is suppose to read bottle warmer, thats what I get for not proof reading my posts...Yes I have learned much about RSX's from this site... I have been interested in N20 for many years and have done my homework, as all people that squeeze should! Its only dangerous if you DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING, and Im the type of guy that want's to know exactly how everything works and all the possible things that can go wrong.
But I have read almost everypost in the nitrous forum on this site and have learned much from all of your experiances...
Adam
:thumbsup: good to hear. so many people rush into stuff and THEN want to learn about it :shakehead

#65 ·
sorry and thanks pepsi. ill be tradeing in for a evo in a couple years so this looks like the best, removable option. if i do go the n2o route i will be buying the genx2 upgrade

#67 ·
Recommended Nitrous Kits for first time users

I recently purchased a 2002 RSX Type-s; I've put on 18" BBS rims Yokohama AVS 100 radials, and the Acura body kit. I am interested in putting Nitrous in my car. I was curious as to what you would recommend as a good first timer kit, as well as what shot size you would recommend. Also I was curious as to the dangers my engine by installing nitrous. Is it possible to have nitrous installed without voiding my warranty with Acura???
Thanks for all of your help.

#68 ·
take a look at the stickies, they're loaded with helpful info.

I'd recommend a normal 50 shot, or at most a 75 shot. You'll need a wet kit, as dry kits don't work with the rsx.

If ran wrong, you could blow the piston out the side of the block, or fry some valves, or any number of things. If ran correctly, you'll have very few/if any issues.

And no, nitrous voids your warrenty no matter. No way around that one.

#69 ·
How would a lightened flywheel work with a 75 shot? Would it rev too fast and cause you to lose traction? Also what clutch/flywheel combo (if any) would you recommend running with a JRSC with a 50/75 shot? I am upgrading my clutch soon and I'm thinking about putting a 75 dry shot on my k-pro, so this is why I'm asking?

-Clay

#73 ·
02DSM_Type-S said:
How would a lightened flywheel work with a 75 shot? Would it rev too fast and cause you to lose traction? Also what clutch/flywheel combo (if any) would you recommend running with a JRSC with a 50/75 shot? I am upgrading my clutch soon and I'm thinking about putting a 75 dry shot on my k-pro, so this is why I'm asking?

-Clay
anyone?

#74 ·
02DSM_Type-S said:
a lighter fly isn't necessarily gonna hurt you. the main difference you're gonna see is in the revs dropping when you're off the gas. instead of it slowly winding down, it drops, but after you're engaged, it's gonna help, don't get me wrong, but it isn't gonna be any worse than if you added power any other way.

i'm still not 100% sold on the k-pro dry stuff, still haven't heard an amateurs usin it for any length of time ( hasn't been out that long ), so you're kinda on your own with that and the jrsc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.