Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

Nitrous dyno graph

7K views 44 replies 21 participants last post by  sol2nr 
#1 ·
Here's dyno graph from my Type S with a dry nitrous setup (around a 80 shot).

Stock everything apart from 440cc injectors,CAI & ECU - 213 hp / 148 ftlbs

As above plus a dry nitrous shot using a 0.47 jet - 285 hp / 233 ftlbs

The vehicle was dyno'd on a DynoPack so the figures are 10-15 hp higher than what you will see on a DynoJet. The torque a little bumpy down because I had the nitrous operating a little early on that run, plus the engine receives fuel slightly before it receives nitrous and so runs rich for a little while. The recommended nitrous jets were 0.24 (which made such a small amount of hp I did not bother to dyno it) and 0.32 (which made 40 hp).

We also found that there was no difference in hp between having the nitrous spraying into the intake and backwards (spraying up the intake). We opted to spray the nitrous so that we got maximum mixing of the nitrous and air, as spraying straight past the throttle body looked unhealthy for cylinder #1.

Note that this is different vehicle than the supercharged / nitrous vehicle of which dyno charts were posted yesterday. We've been testing how nitrous works with the programmable ECU...

(the good thing about nitrous is when something goes wrong you can also see the funny side of it)

See less See more
#29 ·
Randeezle said:
Chris are you gonna test this with nitrous?

Just wondering: How many RSXs do you own?
Nope, Jackson supercharger going on this weekend. I might do a nitrous test down the road closer to summer.

Technically I own 1 1/2. I have one that runs and I have another one that has been stripped down the frame that I am going to start rebuilding in the summer.

#31 ·
haha, I think it is going to be good route for what I am doing. It is prefect for bracket racing.

adding on the nitrous is good with a supercharger because it cools down the air going into the engine. Because the supercharger heats up the air so much, a low shot of nitrous does a very good job at cooling the air down and adding a little extra horsepower.

#37 ·
jesus, nitrious is tempting. Hondata pro looks like it's going to be a huge help on the f/i

#41 ·
Hondata said:
Injectors don't make any difference to power. Plus bigger injectors are of no use without tuning. The car made 212.5 on stock injectors, 213 hp on 440 cc injectors. The 0.5 hp was probably from a slightly colder run. The car made 283 hp @ 7000 rpm (with nitrous) on stock injectors at about 94% duty cycle, which was about the same power as with 440cc injectors. By putting in bigger injectors and running the nitrous to higher rpm I hoped to make more power, but the power falls of after 7000 rpm with nitrous (at a guess the stock exhaust system is too restrictive).

We're seeing more variation in power with the K20 engine than the B-Series.
The normal range on a dynopack for a K20A2 with reflash + CAI is 195-205 hp. My car made more power even when 100% stock (180 hp vs average of 165-175 hp), so lucky me.

Derek.
So how much did you retard the timing and how much fuel did you add w/stock injectors for the 283hp run?

How much HP can stock engine take? ~300hp

assuming i have a better than stock exhaust (comptech), will i need larger injectors to get higher hp past 7k with 80 shot since they were 94% duty with the 283hp pull? assuming the torque didn't fall off until ~7.5k because of better exhuast, how much hp was left in the stock injectors by running them from 94% to 100% duty?

#42 ·
TheSilverBullet said:
So how much did you retard the timing and how much fuel did you add w/stock injectors for the 283hp run?

How much HP can stock engine take? ~300hp

assuming i have a better than stock exhaust (comptech), will i need larger injectors to get higher hp past 7k with 80 shot since they were 94% duty with the 283hp pull? assuming the torque didn't fall off until ~7.5k because of better exhuast, how much hp was left in the stock injectors by running them from 94% to 100% duty?
it is really hard to say what the stock motor can take on nitrous since nobody has blown their motors except for user error...the only few people that have blown their motors on nitrous have been az who set his window switch at like 1200rpm to do a burnout on a 125 shot (i believe) and a couple people that didn't change out their spark plugs and when they looked at them (after the motor had blown) the electrode was no longer attached

plenty of people have run a large number of bottles through both a base and a type s with a 125 shot on everything stock...nobody has really had the money or balls to go above that...i'd believe this motor could take maybe a 150 on a regular basis with some fuel help...but 125 all stock which should put you a little over 300hp (many dyno's i've seen (at least on rsx's) done with a wet or direct port kit generally give a little over the actual shot...aem's car for example)

#44 ·
The better news for this is that you can finally answer all the "can i run nitrous with toda" threads with a yes, its about time. and being able to skip the fuel line and use new injectors is very nice and cuts down on the amount of "oops i didnt fasten that fuel line well and now my piston is missing" incidents.

Josh

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.