Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

messed up my car!

Tags
car messed
4K views 52 replies 26 participants last post by  bc_dsm 
#1 ·
:( as most of you all know i was preparing my car for a race. today before i went to the track i tried the 125 since i wasnt able to get 100 shot, and my car jus died. no, boom it just turned off and it wouldnt turned on. :crying:

#27 ·
Here's a suggestion: Less.

Start with a 50 for a while and maybe jump to a 75 shot. 80 is as high as I went, and I really wouldnt go any higher than that without upgrading my Injectors/pistons/rods

maybe a better fuel pump too...

Are you on stock spark plugs?

#28 ·
As long as the system is done right, anything is possible. Just make sure you test and tune shit before just jumping into the pool. If a virtually stock motor can handle 100shot on Hondata4, I'm sure a pure stock motor can handle more than a 50 shot. It's all in the tuning and the CORRECT use of nitrous.

#31 ·
who ended up showing to the meet?

when Jason called me he said so far it was just him and his boy. Then he called later (voice message) and said you were included in the plan. By that time we were at aladino's already done with the first pitcher of Fat Tire.

Besides we had some girls coming over that we didnt know, so Union City<<<<Staying local

#32 · (Edited)
krayzeeimport said:
saturday morning i took a look at the car and disconnect the battery. car still wouldnt start.so i took a look at the fuse box under the dash an there it was a blown fuel pump fuse. replaced it and started it up no problems. i had some wire in there i think it was from my system so.... thanks for all ur help guys
You got real lucky and a second chance alot of people don't get when they went crazy with nitrous.

#33 ·
Randeezle said:
who ended up showing to the meet?

when Jason called me he said so far it was just him and his boy. Then he called later (voice message) and said you were included in the plan. By that time we were at aladino's already done with the first pitcher of Fat Tire.

Besides we had some girls coming over that we didnt know, so Union City<<<<Staying local
We straight hi-jacked the thread... sorry.

Me, Jason, his friend, Drew, Pat, Mark, his friend, his gf, and Serena.

#37 ·
I was just wondering Randeezle, did you ever get your car checked for leak down or compression when you sprayed the 80 shot? I'm on 75 right now and I was thinking about going with JRSC, but I'm not sure if my car is in tip top shape to handle it.
Even though the Nitrous seemed safe to spray, whenever I sprayed and turned off the car, the next time I started it up it would kinda just choke a little. Thats only directly after I sprayed. Otherwise it would start up normal everytime. I checked the plugs, all are normal, only black from fuel puddling (due to no bottle warmer). I keep thinking it's because the fuel is still in the chambers and it's having a hard time starting after i used the nitrous :dontknow: .

#38 ·
Yeah I also noticed that my car would be running stupid rich after I was done squeezing. One night after streetraces I pulled into the gas station and when I came back out to the car and started it up, it wouldnt start up... it was flooded.

I havent done any compression tests yet, but I'm sure things need to be replaced.

I suggest you check your jets periodically. I would notice that after a few bottles, my Jets would get clogged with some black shit.

The first time it was my n2o jet, then it was my fuel jet.:firemad:

I was wondering why my nitrous wasnt hitting as hard when coming back from Treasure Island one day. It threw a cell on the freeway and ran in limp mode... no wonder I wasnt spraying adequate fuel to match the Nitrous.

#39 · (Edited)
man people need to stop posting on the nitrous board if they don't know what they're talking about

plenty of people have sprayed a 100 shot (me for example) without problems...i've heard of guys spraying 80+ bottles of a 100 shot and 125 shot on a type s with no problems

the stock fuel pump can handle a 100 shot without dropping pressure...thats right, the electric fuel pressure guage stays pegged at 53psi

so even though a 100 and 125 shot has been done many times by many people, it isn't reccomended for anyone new...you need to be sure to keep proper maintenance...check your plugs regularly...after a night of spraying, be sure to pull them all and check them

so to those that say a 50 shot is all an rsx can take...please, read up a little more...some cars can only take that much, but we have seen time and time again that many type s's are fine with a 100+ shot...although as i said, it isn't reccomended to new users

sorry, i'm just on here all the time and i'm getting sick and tired of false information spreading...not just in this forum...people that don't know really should not give new people advise

i have read so many times on here "OMG, you are spraying 100 or 125...what are you, stupid? you will blow your motor no question"...new people read this and are often easily convinced since they don't know any better

sorry, just the options should be laid out for new people with the consequences rather than just saying "this will happen" when 99% of the time, it doesn't happen

#40 ·
Alpha Zero said:
As long as the system is done right, anything is possible. Just make sure you test and tune shit before just jumping into the pool. If a virtually stock motor can handle 100shot on Hondata4, I'm sure a pure stock motor can handle more than a 50 shot. It's all in the tuning and the CORRECT use of nitrous.
k IM a Noob when it comes to spray im realy lookin into both hondata and spray so i see it is possible with proper tuning for a stock type s more with no internal mods to handel this? (I know u better with k pro but i dont have the money for both)..but my buddy has a dyno (at his race shop) and can get me cheep tuning..

so my big question is.. i have exhuast intake and v-afc2 ...if i go with hondata4 with a nx kit and mostly put in a 75 shot..with tunning on the dyno should i be safe? or dont bother and have for k pro? :blah: lol no flaming im a NOOB lol k thanks.! sry for jacking your thread also :dontknow:

#43 ·
I got your PM before I read this thread. Either way, look at spending some money. It's not cheap and it's not 100% safe. The only thing though is that you have the long term realiablity vs. turbo or supercharger, you have the power on the fly, you have the extra pep from hondata, and I think it's still cheaper than going the whole K-Pro route with a dry kit. Also you will get some amazing whp numbers.

#46 ·
hmm

well in my email i got a response from DJPlayer
this post summed it all up.. add a stronger clutch on top of that too...

i have a video around here somewhere of a 350z squeezing a 75-100 shot and blowing the piston through the cylinder wall..
that video you have (that we all have) is a 350z running either a 350 or 450 shot (can't remember for sure but it is one of those)...i'm assuming its the one where the guys are all happy and laughing about it as they are showing you the crazy nitrous setup they have in the engine bay...they had a new race prepped motor ready to go in so every time they went to the track they just upped the shot by 50

if that was their first run on that high of a shot, as long as they were getting fuel, i doubt the engine could have blown...most cars i've heard of can take at least a shot or two of 300-400...of course this isn't a good idea as it will affect the longevity of the engine...but if you have a spare (as these guys did) your car will probably be able to drive home after the track run

#48 ·
krayzeeimport said:
saturday morning i took a look at the car and disconnect the battery. car still wouldnt start.so i took a look at the fuse box under the dash an there it was a blown fuel pump fuse. replaced it and started it up no problems. i had some wire in there i think it was from my system so.... thanks for all ur help guys
It's a sign, your car doesnt want you to beat the hell out of it...lol

#50 ·
right now im spraying a 75, but i want to get it dyno and maybe mess with the jets if im running to rich. and hopefully when i get tires for my 18s take it to the track and see wut i can do. right now i dont want to even bother to take it to the track with nitrous cuz its jus lights the tires up on the street.
if this sign is true then ... i gotta give props the technology on my car :dontknow:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.