Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

My RSX on NOS

Tags
nos rsx
7K views 63 replies 20 participants last post by  AzaghalSEI 
G
#1 ·
Yes I am running on Nitrous, dynoed on all my MOD's including NOS made 80 HP over stock. At the dyno time I was running VP motorsport 103 unleaded. 1/4 mile times were 13.06. Many people are asking the same question so below is my little speach.
Also here is a link to my RSX pictures.
http://www.1320motorsport.com/TTMRSX.html

Ok things about NOS on a RSX. First, even a safe direct port system is hard. AEM blew there motor on a 70 shot witch isn't a big shot for direct port. Second I run VP 103 unleaded race gas when I drag race the car and octaine booster when I use nitrous on the street. it's easy I just keep a NOS octaine booster bottle in my glove box. Second We ran a richer fuel jetting on the kit. third there is no way to retard timing with the direct fire system. You could run a piggy back system and retard when running NOS and this would help but the easier solution is higher octane and richer fuel mixture. Last is very simple, you can't run just a single dry fogger, with the returnless fuel system there is also no way to raise fuel pressure. Yes MSD has a unit that will raise the fuel pressure on these systems but only when it see's boost. Nothing really for when it see's nitrous. Maybe NOS will make one someday. So the only way to run this is a Wet setup and tap into the fuel supply. The ECU will read the pressure drop when the fuel goes to the nitrous nozzel and raise the pressure back up to make sure the injectors get the right fuel pressure. Direct port would be nice but with the limitations of the high compression and the ingition and fuel I don't think it's worth the time to drill and tap the manifold. NOS will be coming out with a injector adaptor witch will make it easy to do a direct port, no drilling or tapping. Untill this is available just use a single WET fogger in the intake pipe. And what ever fuel jet they recomend for the shot you are using use one jet larger.

See less See more
G
#3 ·
List of Mods

Intake
AEM

Wing
APR

Coil-over Suspension
B&G

C-West Body Kit
C-West

Wheels
Enkei

Electric Fan
Flex-a-lite

Flexite Windows
Flex-a-lite

Nitrous Kit
NOS

Tires
Toyo

Catback exhaust
Comptech

Battery relocation kit
MOROSO

Motor Mounts & Suspension bushings
Energy Suspension

Rear Sway Bar
Progress

Camber kit
Ingalls

Brake Pads
EBC

Vinyl Graphics
Modern Image San Diego

#12 ·
gunmetal...

cheap wheels man.. but pretty nice knockoffs. Im having some TE-37's done black. will take awhile to get em so I got these in the meantime...

slipstreams are dope... i like those circuit 8's or whatever those mugen knockoffs are but they only come in 16 and i really dont want that. I just got rid of 18's.

hehe.. tnx for noticing my all black theme... im going for the night rider/batmobile look.. heh, .... stealth bomber style.

G
#15 ·
Well were jetting the nitrous around a 40 shot but were running one jet higher for the fuel so it will run slightly rich. Also I ran octain booster on the street and when I went to the strip I ran VP motorsport 103 unleaded. AEM leaned out and blew the motor on a direct port 70 shot.

#16 ·
Only a 40 and a 13.06? Let me see if this works out.

Baseline dyno should be around 170 now add the CAI 180, add the exhaust 185 and a 40 that comes out to be 225 and thats a wet kit. Now not trying to sound like an ass but how did you get 80 HP over the stock rsx? Just looking for an explanation. The numbers are not precise but they give a good idea of the gains.

G
#22 ·
I don't know about the rest of you but,
1.) post the time slip
2.) what tires/drag radials/slicks were you running
3.) how many #'s did you remove (if applicable)

seeing is believing. An et alone doesn't tell squat.

just to bench mark, a lighter ITR with 75 shot on drag radials will run mid-high 13's.
-C

G
#23 ·
Well type C I'm not going to get into a penis mesuring contest here. I posted the results and where you can find the editorial. Sport Compact Car Magazine, RSX Shootout. Most likely like most articles in SCC it will be out in three months so keep an eye out. Thanks

G
#24 ·
1320motorsport said:
Well type C I'm not going to get into a penis mesuring contest here. I posted the results and where you can find the editorial. Sport Compact Car Magazine, RSX Shootout. Most likely like most articles in SCC it will be out in three months so keep an eye out. Thanks
No contest here, I just asked a few simple quesitons. I know for a FACT that a RSX with bolt-ons and a 40 shot can NEVER run a 13.0 FULL wieght on street tires (non-drag radials). NEVER.

gutted on drag radials, is still a stretch IMO. I guess we'll just have to see won't we?

-C

G
#25 ·
Yea, but the cool part is I can laugh at your right now but you'll have to wait for 3 months for the shame of looking like a jerk. I've been building Import Cars for 10 years and Have been contracted by Honda, Hyundai, Toyota, Flex-A-Lite, Edlebrock, And the SEMA corperation to build these project vehicles to name a few. So for a guy even if you were a Race Engineer like my buddies at Saleen I think it's funny you would state your reputation on a fact that does not exhisting. But it's ok, we all learn from our mistakes. As far as facts , TOYO RA1 compatition tires set to 10psi, NOS single wet fogger in a AEM short ram, Running a 40 shot with the fuel jet running one size higher, Comptech exhaust system, and VP motorsport 103 unleaded race gas. As far as weight distribution we relocated the battery and used the Flex-A-Light Flexite race windows saving us I belive 25 lbs. As well as saving a few pounds using the Carbon Composite bottle from NOS. Suspesion was set up for track and corner balanced, Running 3mm toe out total in the front and 1mm toe in on the rear. 1.7 deg of negitive camber on the front and .5 deg of negitive camber in the rear. Now we woul of toed out the rear if this test was only skid pad and slolom but we had breaking and 1/4 mile and that would of hurt us. So any other fact you need?

#26 ·
I don't know, for someone who is so recognized I think you are being rather unprofessional about this. Everyone here has only stated their opinion and there is no reason to tell someone that they will feel like a jerk and talk like you are better than everyone, ive been contracted by honda, hyundai, blah, blah, blah. We are all here to help each other out. If you ran 13.06 thats awesome, but looking at a car that runs high 14s to drop 2 seconds with an intake, exhaust and a 40 shot just doesn't sound right, but if you say you did it fine, but there is no reason why I can't have my doubts. That is why I asked about what issue so I can read on your RSX. Also like someone else asked you don't have the dyno or time slip?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.