Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

My RSX on NOS

Tags
nos rsx
7K views 63 replies 20 participants last post by  AzaghalSEI 
G
#1 ·
Yes I am running on Nitrous, dynoed on all my MOD's including NOS made 80 HP over stock. At the dyno time I was running VP motorsport 103 unleaded. 1/4 mile times were 13.06. Many people are asking the same question so below is my little speach.
Also here is a link to my RSX pictures.
http://www.1320motorsport.com/TTMRSX.html

Ok things about NOS on a RSX. First, even a safe direct port system is hard. AEM blew there motor on a 70 shot witch isn't a big shot for direct port. Second I run VP 103 unleaded race gas when I drag race the car and octaine booster when I use nitrous on the street. it's easy I just keep a NOS octaine booster bottle in my glove box. Second We ran a richer fuel jetting on the kit. third there is no way to retard timing with the direct fire system. You could run a piggy back system and retard when running NOS and this would help but the easier solution is higher octane and richer fuel mixture. Last is very simple, you can't run just a single dry fogger, with the returnless fuel system there is also no way to raise fuel pressure. Yes MSD has a unit that will raise the fuel pressure on these systems but only when it see's boost. Nothing really for when it see's nitrous. Maybe NOS will make one someday. So the only way to run this is a Wet setup and tap into the fuel supply. The ECU will read the pressure drop when the fuel goes to the nitrous nozzel and raise the pressure back up to make sure the injectors get the right fuel pressure. Direct port would be nice but with the limitations of the high compression and the ingition and fuel I don't think it's worth the time to drill and tap the manifold. NOS will be coming out with a injector adaptor witch will make it easy to do a direct port, no drilling or tapping. Untill this is available just use a single WET fogger in the intake pipe. And what ever fuel jet they recomend for the shot you are using use one jet larger.

See less See more
#53 ·
1320motorsport said:
Yea, I belive for wet nozzles that you put it futher down the tube to get better attomization. I have seen in some instructions they say to put it up cloase but I think this is only for dry foggers. With the returnless fuel system on the RSX a dry system was not an option. Now with a direct port attomization isn't AS important, don't get me wrong it's still important but not AS important. With the direct port each cylinder get equal amount of fuel and Nitrous, with the single fogger theres a big chance it might not.
your fogger is a bit too far. 2"-6" from TB is recommended with wet kits. 6"-18" for dry kits. distribution is the concern with dry kits. this is why the nozzle is placed further away. also, what do your plugs look like after spraying? you said you went with the next largest fuel jet, correct? You would have seen better gains with a NX 35 shot using their standard jetting.

#56 ·
TypeC said:

No contest here, I just asked a few simple quesitons. I know for a FACT that a RSX with bolt-ons and a 40 shot can NEVER run a 13.0 FULL wieght on street tires (non-drag radials). NEVER.

gutted on drag radials, is still a stretch IMO. I guess we'll just have to see won't we?

-C
:iamwiths:

hahahaha...i wanna start laughing now..ahahahahahaha....what..is the turbo wrx gettin scared? Now that theres an RSX that can whoop your ass...

#64 ·
sphantom said:
moving this topic to the appropriate forum. Never thought it'd be resurrected from the days where boost and NOS were one forum.

-sp
Oh, gee thanks. :D

That time is believable with slicks and a 75 or 80 shot. Not a problem. POSSIBLY with 80 shot and no slicks, but the driver would have to be wicked good and some other mods would have to be on there.. :wavey:

Az

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.