It's here!!!!

5K views 81 replies 28 participants last post by  AzaghalSEI 
#1 ·
Let the games begin!

Attachments

See less See more
#53 ·
jdkindle...

First of all, big props to you for innovating...I havent taken the time to read thoroughly about your set up and safety, but from first hand knowledge, watch out for our rev limiter (fuel cut off) while spraying. You may want to get a shift light to help time your shifts just right. A half second at cut-off while spraying and you may detonate. I saw this happen to a saturn. :( It was a smooth set up as well, not some ghetto gas hook up.

Anyhow youve prolly considered this already, just a heads up for anyone who is reading... :wavey: Good luck bro!

G
#54 ·
jkindle u might wanna go ask 1320campmotorsports how he ran his 13.06 on a 40 shot.... just a suggestion since i've been called a hater for not believing it. so i'll believe it for now, and suggest u find out how he's launching or using the n2o... either way go get a pair of drags when u have the chance =) i wanna see what the car can do with a decent launch.

#55 ·
My bad, dawg..

Trizz... I'm sorry... You're ok after all. :( Numbers on weight, horsepower, and torque just have a lot more leighway for quarter times than any of us really knows I think. The majority of us here are NOT at the track every weekend pushing the envelope.. (unlike JD, who happens to live within VIEW of one.. :jigglemad ) :thumbsup:

We can do this man! 50 shot is safe, SEVERAL people are running it on an S, and I'll be running it on my SS as soon as I get my lazy ass down to the speed shop!

:wavey:

Peace, my bad for the hate call!

Az

G
#57 · (Edited)
haha azag yo muhbad. its just i know a good deal of shit but i do'nt know a ton (and not quite enough!). but i read camps post when it was like 1.5 pages long way back in the day. i asked my friends who DO know a ton, ones got a tc'ed A4 he's trading in for a TT 225, and the other has an eclipse thats been worked on fully by Road Race running a frankenstein 2 turbo and if u've seen the #'s his setup when tuned puts out, it runs 12s. but its a ton of power. so i brought the post to them asking if i should go out and get Nitrous for my car and run 13.4's without drags and lightening (i figure thats what i could do in comparison) and they spent the better half of an hour telling me why its close but not possible in my car with 40 shot (meaning the amnt usually requred to get 40 hp gain right? but he saw 80 flywheel?). But then again, just as there are discrepancies between tested times at certain tracks, now that i figure with people running 50 shots getting close to 13.5, a lightened car, a perfect launch, real meaty slicks could possibly do it. its just without a LSD, and watching the launch characteristics of our cars its just hard to believe at first glance. so my next question is, since running 103 race gas isn't gonna increase his HP, and with people running wets at 50 shot, with aem blowing it at a 70 shot, shouldn't camp be able to run a 50 -60 shot (proport to what hes shooting now) with race gas and possibly drop below 13???!!!!!

#58 ·
There ya go, bro!

Now you got it Trizz.. I was wondering myself why he won't run a bigger shot. Obviously it's because he is spooked by AEM's issues... *cough*SCREW AEM *cough*... :thumbsup:

All of this is SO doable, and you can launch whatever you want bro.. Go grab the March issue of Sport Compact Car and check out the Integras and Civics in there.. Some of these assholes are running 160mph 1/4s under 10! :eek: :thumbsup:

As for Az.. *attaches NX image for posterity... AGAIN*

And for the rest of the humanoid racers: Money = Possibilities. Soon imports will rule in areas they never have before - speed, endurance, etc.. Some new organizations are forming, some cars are around now that would KILL. Let's have fun and be a part of the action! N2O it! Turbo that sheeeet - and by all means - SUPAH-CHAAAAARGE.

:iamwiths: :iamwiths: :iamwiths:

Az

Attachments

#59 ·
jd, is your check engine light on now? Did you have to replace the fuel lines or did you stick with the stock ones (peices of shits if you ask me) and what kind of spark plugs did you switch to?

Regards,
Jose

#61 ·
What Az said is true - no lights have come on and I am using the stock lines. I also checked the compression last night in all four cylinders and it was fine. The most important thing for good results is having the bottle pressure high enough IMO. I am running Denso IK22's which are very close to stock, but are a little more performance based and won't last as long. You have to get those plugs from an authorized dealer.

code said:
jd, is your check engine light on now? Did you have to replace the fuel lines or did you stick with the stock ones (peices of shits if you ask me) and what kind of spark plugs did you switch to?

Regards,
Jose

#63 ·
AzaghalSEI said:
Jer, thanks for the spark plug info! I might look into those. :)

Do you plan to swap stocks back in on a tuneup when the time comes? I know you were trying to do that earlier.

Peace,
Az
No, look and see what kind of plugs yours came with - if they came with Denso - keep those, if they came with NGK, switch to the IK22's, but in any case, keep an eye on them and don't get too scared when you see a little bit of discoloration

#68 ·
Alright, cause n2o is new to me, why has everyone chosen NX and no one gone with Venom? I like the idea of the Linear mode. sort of a turbo feel without either the price tag or the worries about going boom. i can set it so that it will start spraying at 50% throttle all the way to WFO and only then will i get the full 100% spray. it seems to me that that would be easier on the engine rather than hitting it with 50 or 75 hp all at once. i know it's pricey but that aside, does anyone have an opinion on the Venom kit?

it'll also tell me whether i'm running rich or lean. that's gotta be helpful.

#71 ·
It might be a few weeks because I am going ona cruise for 8 days and I am in the process of selling one of my businesses and moving one also. Sorry for the bad news, but I have to keep my priorities straight right now.

It will happen though.....BTW, I am picking up some steelies for slicks to go on in the future.

#74 ·
Well, you can start off around $600 but if you are not an experienced user you may end up hurting your engine. One way to eliminate that is by spending more money (and you also get better results). I ended up spending around $1400 on my complete setup and it is for sale BTW for $1000. E-mail or pm me if you are interested in what all I have.

But if you are smart about using it and follow all of the safety precautions - you will be fine and so will your engine. Used incorrectly, it can be bad though.

#76 ·
1. I have had some recent run-ins with the law and it is just to tempting to smoke cars after they are being cocky.

2. $

3. I want to buy more auto-x stuff and have to put a quota on my spending

I think in the future I will put a kit back on, so if I don't sell it, it wont be the end of the world

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.