Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

Look what I've got.

5K views 66 replies 34 participants last post by  2000SSLS1 
#1 · (Edited)
Direct Port on a K20A

I have been using dry shot for some time now but to be honest its very inconsistent due to ambient temperatures so the best solution is direct port. This is used on all the race cars over here so I thought I would have a go.
I have had a plate made up similar to the Hondata gaskets only thicker then mounted the nozzles in.
I will be fitting this next week and will start testing.

I binned the idea of dual stage as there are inherrant problems with the outputs used so basically dont go there. Whenever you upload a map or interrigate the ECU the output E20 goes low switching the valve which is a bummer as it dumps the gas straight into the intake.

See less See more
#3 ·
get some pics when the install is done so far that looks sweet

#9 ·
Only problem I could think would happen is the injector spray pattern could be fudged up a bit. But, other than that, good idea. What's this about E20 going low voltage? I would like to know. Going to use the BKSW wire for my new output. One arming input, two outputs, two relays, two dry nozzles, two solenoids. 0.022 and a 0.046 jets.

#13 ·
wdsonny said:
Only problem I could think would happen is the injector spray pattern could be fudged up a bit. But, other than that, good idea. What's this about E20 going low voltage? I would like to know. Going to use the BKSW wire for my new output. One arming input, two outputs, two relays, two dry nozzles, two solenoids. 0.022 and a 0.046 jets.
Its on. :D
Pipework isnt done yet but hopefully by the weekend.

Initial findings are that I had to up fuelling by 5% to retain optimum over 7500rpm as it was working so well. I had the same when I went from the std manifold to the JDM/PRC as due to the longer intake runers it all started working more efficiently and running leaner.

No initial running issues apart from some hessitation at very low revs on pull away but adding a little more fuel there and using a little more right foot solves that.

Regarding the output E20 yes. its a fact. I got reply from Hondata saying they had no control over output state when in upload so I binned that idea. :(

I may well still use dual stage still if you can confirm the BKSW works ok. I will use a small jet at the TB to pre-cool the intake charge then bang in my DP main feed.

Av it!!!!!! :laughing:

Oh yeah...and in answer to the other questions:

I'm already running with 550's. :thumbsup:

Gaskets were made here in the UK but I am unsure as price yet as it was a 1 off. :dontknow:

#15 ·
Randeezle said:
*gasp*

That is a genious idea! You could make alot of loot w/ what you have there. I know alot of us want a direct port system, but it't just alot of work.
It took a grinder and a lot of bottle to make it fit! Don't know if it will be the same on the RSX but we have the pump housing sitting quite high on the EP3 so when you move the intake mani back it clashes, so out came Mr Grinder. :laughing:
I'm picking up the Holly parts tomorrow I have been waiting for so will start plumbing it all in soon and get some pictures posted. :thumbsup:

#20 ·
tpw said:
No idea yet. Sorry.
Well, if you or whoever made it for you decides to make some more definitely hit me up or just post here on CLUB RSX b/c I know a couple people who would love that instead of tapping the manifold.

#21 ·
K20A2_S said:
Well, if you or whoever made it for you decides to make some more definitely hit me up or just post here on CLUB RSX b/c I know a couple people who would love that instead of tapping the manifold.

I will rip it all off next week to check it out.
I'm a little worried about the material as I would have preffered to use PTFE due to its higher heat properties but I have been assured by the pro's that this will be fine.

What fittings do you all use in the US?
I have been using the Holly NOS nozzles. Its just that if we do make them up we need to make sure the threads are ok. :thumbsup:

#26 ·
wdsonny said:
Only other problem would be the boost pressures "pushing" the nozzles out. If it is just a hard plastic, you might want to see if there is a way to incorporate the NOS Mounting kit. That way it won't push the nozzle out. Then you are talking about time and money.
I see what you mean.
Worst case I can make the plates out of Aluminium. problem solved. :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.