Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

Nitrous in my RSX type S? How much is too much?

9K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  AzaghalSEI 
G
#1 ·
How much is too much for my Type S to handle? Stock except for AEM intake??

#2 ·
I am assuming you are refering to how much nitrous is too much. We have discussed this quite a bit here, so try a search. However, I think most will agree that a 50 shot is doable with a completely stock set up. There are a few here who ventured to do a 75 shot with success. For the most part, they are running cooler plugs.

Though no mod is completely safe, with proper set-up and managment of a nitrous system it can be made (nearly) idiot proof. RPM window switches are a good bet for this safety, as well as purge valves and a fuel-linked shut off. good luck!

#4 ·
Samchae said:
How much is too much for my Type S to handle? Stock except for AEM intake??
We have officially hit 100 shot on stock plugs. That's only half a bottle down, but still it's been done.

50 shot is totally safe - no doubt.

75 shot is being done by several, including me, and my plugs are not even colder.. long term effects have not been seen though, as we ARE the long term study. :)

100 shot takes big brass ones IMHO.. I'll be trying it myself soon enough.

Stick with 50 if you're new to nitrous. :wavey:

Az

#11 ·
I know code personally, and the car has been through a whole bottle already. Now by rule of thumb any car that is on nitrous should never spray more than 50 % of your car's factory horsepower, meaning a 100 horses. Now the only reason why must of us have been scared is because of the timing on the car, how it advances and retards itself, but apparently the system works lovely with nitrous. The motor itself will hold the 100 the only thing I can see going wrong is the octane. At 11.1 compression and 100 shot of nitrous, octane is vital, I don't doubt it isn't possible to run it on 93 which is what we have here in Florida, If I am not mistaken in Cali 91 is the highest so those guys should be careful. The 125 sounds like the motor itself will be under way to much pressure and octane is gonna be must. My 2 cents

#12 ·
excess said:
I know code personally, and the car has been through a whole bottle already. Now by rule of thumb any car that is on nitrous should never spray more than 50 % of your car's factory horsepower, meaning a 100 horses. Now the only reason why must of us have been scared is because of the timing on the car, how it advances and retards itself, but apparently the system works lovely with nitrous. The motor itself will hold the 100 the only thing I can see going wrong is the octane. At 11.1 compression and 100 shot of nitrous, octane is vital, I don't doubt it isn't possible to run it on 93 which is what we have here in Florida, If I am not mistaken in Cali 91 is the highest so those guys should be careful. The 125 sounds like the motor itself will be under way to much pressure and octane is gonna be must. My 2 cents
See my other post. I run 5:1 94 to 104 octane at that ratio. My octane is about 96 octane on 75 shot.

On 125 I would run 100% racing gas. :wavey:

Timing is scary, but with no ECU we are fuxed. :(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.