Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

Make your own adjustable RPM pills for your window switch

7K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  AzaghalSEI 
#1 ·
This for to make an adjustable RPM module for your MSD window switch. Can also be applied to make adjustable RPM pills for your msd or autometer RPM switch.

Here is the website.

http://www.corral.net/tech/powerplant/arm/

I went to radioshack and bought all the parts and it works great. Sure beats paying too much for the RPM pills.

I also made one for my autometer RPM switch that activates my shiftlight inside my AC vent.

There is one significant error in the directions.
To get the proper RPM, Take that RPM and subtract 1.112K OHMs.

For example, if you want 3600 rpm, you would take 3.6-1.112=2.488K OHMs of resistance.

I checked this number myself with several different RPM pills. This is the exact resistance needed.

For the RPM switch adjustable pill, I just took an autometer pill and cut it open. Pulled out the resistor they had inside and hooked the potentiometer. The pill I cut open was a 3000rpm pill, and the resistor inside had 1888 marked on it. (3K-1.112K=1.888K)

It was pretty easy to make, didn't take me very long at all. I used krazy glue instead of a glue gun because I don't have one at home. Works fine.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.