Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

I am now running 125 shot!

5K views 84 replies 30 participants last post by  AzaghalSEI 
#1 ·
I jetted to 125 this afternoon and went out to do 3 test runs. The car is running hard as fuck. I haven't tried it in 1st gear but I punched it in 2nd at 5k and the car went crazy! I found a 911 turbo on the highway but he didnt want to race :) I'm taking the car to the races tomorrow and friday night for further observations. The plugs are STILL fine btw for those of you wondering. The jet sizes are 57/33. One thing though guys, check your motor mounts, specifically the passenger side one. I have 30k miles on mine and they look like they are wearing out and when I go over bumps I hear noises, im not sure if its the mounts or my shocks. I'm leaning more towards it being the shocks but because my passenger side motor mount looks suspicious it could also be that. I did a quick check and I do get a little bit of bounce on the motor but i'm taking it tomorrow to a shop to have a look at. Something to note, another guy I know had to replace his motor mounts at around 32k miles and he has no nitrous but does race a lot, so thats something to think about. Energy suspension as well as some other company who I cant think of the name right now has aftermarket inserts already so I will be purchasing some inserts. I'm hoping its the shocks doing all the noise but with koni's not due until december and me not having $1500 for tein's I'll prolly end up buying the stock shocks (they are cheap) until koni's come out or I get enough money for teins (i want to get some other aftermarket goodies before I do full suspension). I just thought you guys would be interested in this info, cause we are giving the car a hell of a lot more torque then what it was made for, atleast at the tap of a switch and not peak torque. I'm going to try and get a pic of my motor mount so you guys can see what I'm talking about. I'd be interested in seeing pics of your motor mounts as well for comparison.

See less See more
#4 ·
the motor mount is bad :( I was quoted $45 for energy suspension motor mount inserts. The thing is though, Im afraid of the car vibrating too much after I put the inserts and the oem motor mount is like $100. It is covered under warranty but I can't take my car in with the nitrous and taking the nitrous off is a bitch with all the shit I got already.

#5 ·
I put a energy suspension transmission mount in my 94' Trans Am and I regretted it. The car was way louder (from vibrations) and just felt weird for awhile. I got used to it after a month or so, but freeway driving was never the same. I don't know how this will compare to a engine mount since it will be in the front of the car, versus right under my elbow in my T/A, but you will notice it for sure.

But it will NEVER break on you. I drove the shit out of my T/A and never a problem (except for when my engine began leaking coolant onto the optispark (the distributor) which wasn't good:)

I am going to get a Nitrous Express kit soon everybody, screw hondata, but I rear ended some lady today who was driving like a foreigner (she didn't speak english) and so I have to take care of that first. Give me a month and I will be spraying a 75-100 shot:laughing:

#6 ·
your are freaking crazy! did you tweak your fpss yet code? i found out that the highest setting you can set the fpss was at 10psi. and by the time it sense that my pressure has dropped to 10psi i think i will see one of my pistons up in the air..anyway..good luck and keep us informed:D

G
#8 ·
wildman79 said:
CONGRATS... 125... thats insane.. I dont even think AZ has done this yet.

DRIVE SAME...

OOHHH... give pics of the mount...

OHHHHHHH... and .. track times :thumbsup:
Chris has done the 100 shot but AZ has the base which is much different than doing a 125 on the type-s which we are talking about here.... and,,, yeah sweet , some times!

#10 ·
Energy....

code said:
the motor mount is bad :( I was quoted $45 for energy suspension motor mount inserts. The thing is though, Im afraid of the car vibrating too much after I put the inserts and the oem motor mount is like $100. It is covered under warranty but I can't take my car in with the nitrous and taking the nitrous off is a bitch with all the shit I got already.
Hey, where can you get the energy suspension mounts inserts?

I think I need a few. PM me or email me.

Thanks!

:wavey:

#14 ·
Im not sure which fpss you got but atleast mine you can set it anywhere from 0 to 60 psi and our cars run at 47-53 psi from the factory so thats more then adequate for our setup. I'm still running 93 octane gas. I'm going to get some pics this weekend of the motor mount in question for you guys to see.

#18 ·
Hey code, I am the guy that was at kendall the other night.

Just wondering when you were gonna head to the track again???

I might wanna go!!!

#19 ·
not sure man. We need to keep in contact though. I'm going to try and go sometime in november.

#24 ·
excess said:
Here we go again

( On the way to Dynamic Turbo for 57/33 jets )

Be right back

Leo, I'm going to "La Carreta" tomorrow around 10:30, you should go. I got a race with a white mr2 that is friends with the black rsx, and the red eclipse that is like half an inch off the ground, not sure if you know him, should be interesting. I raced a white toyota pickup on saturday with turbo and built motor, he said he ran a 12.9 on street tires at moroso, so we ran from a 40 mph roll. I pulled half a car on him until 130 and then I left off. After I let off at 130 he blew by me (ofcourse if im on motor hes going to pass me pretty quick) so he said he beat me, WHATEVER. btw I went through my first bottle on 125 already. 4 1/2 races for this bottle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.