Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

I am now running 125 shot!

5K views 84 replies 30 participants last post by  AzaghalSEI 
#1 ·
I jetted to 125 this afternoon and went out to do 3 test runs. The car is running hard as fuck. I haven't tried it in 1st gear but I punched it in 2nd at 5k and the car went crazy! I found a 911 turbo on the highway but he didnt want to race :) I'm taking the car to the races tomorrow and friday night for further observations. The plugs are STILL fine btw for those of you wondering. The jet sizes are 57/33. One thing though guys, check your motor mounts, specifically the passenger side one. I have 30k miles on mine and they look like they are wearing out and when I go over bumps I hear noises, im not sure if its the mounts or my shocks. I'm leaning more towards it being the shocks but because my passenger side motor mount looks suspicious it could also be that. I did a quick check and I do get a little bit of bounce on the motor but i'm taking it tomorrow to a shop to have a look at. Something to note, another guy I know had to replace his motor mounts at around 32k miles and he has no nitrous but does race a lot, so thats something to think about. Energy suspension as well as some other company who I cant think of the name right now has aftermarket inserts already so I will be purchasing some inserts. I'm hoping its the shocks doing all the noise but with koni's not due until december and me not having $1500 for tein's I'll prolly end up buying the stock shocks (they are cheap) until koni's come out or I get enough money for teins (i want to get some other aftermarket goodies before I do full suspension). I just thought you guys would be interested in this info, cause we are giving the car a hell of a lot more torque then what it was made for, atleast at the tap of a switch and not peak torque. I'm going to try and get a pic of my motor mount so you guys can see what I'm talking about. I'd be interested in seeing pics of your motor mounts as well for comparison.

See less See more
#29 ·
havent gone to the track yet. Its way too far from me. Ill see if I can get around to it this month though.

#31 ·
I have two questions

My first question is how much torque do you think you are putting out in this thing? With 310hp(guessing) you should be putting out what, like 250lbs? probibly less, but I am optimistic. Other question, what setup are you using and how much was the kit/install?thanks

#38 ·
Hey Az....WTF happend....Sorry dude, I hadn't heard. Did ya over cook your motor?
Either way man....sorry to hear about that.

#41 ·
AzaghalSEI said:
Yep, she got roasted good. Showed the #3 piston to everyone Saturday.. hehe

Long live Azmobile #2! VR-4 power. :)

hope you never break the tranny on AZmobile#2.. i miss my Talon :( Use to have bad ass VR-4 rival.. not sure but back then he was running high 12's i was running mid 12's...

nothing like the 4 wheel burn out or the Double clutch on those AWD MItsu cars.. man i think ill trade mine in too

- oh yeah code got your center console ready pm me for payment info

:wavey:

#43 ·
my car is doing fine. Thanks for asking.

Az, by any chance would you happen to still have your composite bottle (not sure if you had one but i think you did?) I'm looking to buy a a 12lb composite bottle and remote bottle opener.

Thug, send me an email to jjurroz@hotmail.com with payment info. Thanks!

#44 ·
Are you guys with the 125 shot running a stock fuel system still if not what are you using?? I'm running a venom 2000 kit right now it's a dry kit so I don't want to turn it up too high. I was thinking of swaping it out for the NX wet kit. What kind of power do you think you are making to the wheels?? I'm probably only gonna jet for 75 or 100 I can't have the car blowing up on me or anything.

THanks
Jason

PS DOes anyone know what the 50% setting on the venom system equates to on an nx or nos system???

#48 ·
predictions

i guesses that AZ was gonna blow his enguine running the 125 and i will go ahead and say the same for code. the enguine cannot handle that much on stock inturnals. and i dont think its worth the risk.

#50 ·
You guys are really crazy. I love reading about this stuff, 125! That is a shit load of Nitrous. Say I want to keep my car from breaking or burning the motor what have all you guys found to be a safe level of NOS? I cant decide between the Hondata or the nitrous but I will get one of them soon, right after some 15" TE-37's with Drag Radials. Do any of you guys have stronger
lutches?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.