Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

I am now running 125 shot!

5K views 84 replies 30 participants last post by  AzaghalSEI 
#1 ·
I jetted to 125 this afternoon and went out to do 3 test runs. The car is running hard as fuck. I haven't tried it in 1st gear but I punched it in 2nd at 5k and the car went crazy! I found a 911 turbo on the highway but he didnt want to race :) I'm taking the car to the races tomorrow and friday night for further observations. The plugs are STILL fine btw for those of you wondering. The jet sizes are 57/33. One thing though guys, check your motor mounts, specifically the passenger side one. I have 30k miles on mine and they look like they are wearing out and when I go over bumps I hear noises, im not sure if its the mounts or my shocks. I'm leaning more towards it being the shocks but because my passenger side motor mount looks suspicious it could also be that. I did a quick check and I do get a little bit of bounce on the motor but i'm taking it tomorrow to a shop to have a look at. Something to note, another guy I know had to replace his motor mounts at around 32k miles and he has no nitrous but does race a lot, so thats something to think about. Energy suspension as well as some other company who I cant think of the name right now has aftermarket inserts already so I will be purchasing some inserts. I'm hoping its the shocks doing all the noise but with koni's not due until december and me not having $1500 for tein's I'll prolly end up buying the stock shocks (they are cheap) until koni's come out or I get enough money for teins (i want to get some other aftermarket goodies before I do full suspension). I just thought you guys would be interested in this info, cause we are giving the car a hell of a lot more torque then what it was made for, atleast at the tap of a switch and not peak torque. I'm going to try and get a pic of my motor mount so you guys can see what I'm talking about. I'd be interested in seeing pics of your motor mounts as well for comparison.

See less See more
#53 ·
Re: predictions

love2puck14 said:
i guesses that AZ was gonna blow his enguine running the 125 and i will go ahead and say the same for code. the enguine cannot handle that much on stock inturnals. and i dont think its worth the risk.

You do understand that AZ was not the first to do 125 correct? And you also understand that the type s is not a base model, so you cant generalize that because he blew his BASE model on 125 that a type s can not handle it. Furthermore, he blew his car because of DRIVER error and not because the car was not capable of holding the nitrous. Finally, I have been running 125 for atleast 4 months and nitrous in general on this car for a year now. Thanks for reading!

#57 ·
Jedi_six,

you were right on about the 15"s. I tried a set of honda Odessy 15"s and the shit would not budge. Locked against the caliper. Glad I didnt buy them yet:dontknow: :dontknow:

#58 ·
Jadis said:
So you cant spray at too low of an RPM?

*an utter newbie at nitrous* :wavey:
ahh, i was once in your shoes....... heh, now i'm a good deal more knowledgeable... head on over to the nitrous forum, the stickies are a good place for some knowledge. if you have any questions, then come back and ask :thumbsup:

and yeah, you have to let the engine get goin..... i'm not nx'ed yet, but when i am, i think it's gonna be set at 4000 and 7700 ( activation switch ), when i'm between those revs, i can spray (providing its on, i have the right temp and fuel pressure, bla bla ).....

but that keeps you from spraying too low and going kaboom. :wavey:

#70 ·
kickinit said:
No Offense, but what kind of moron would run 125 of nitrous without a window switch? I commend you for the 125 shot, but without the proper safety its stupid.
Your the fucking moron, you idiot

I have been runnning 125 for months now without a damn window switch. If you can't drive that's your problem but don't hate on us because your not skilled enough to drive a car with "nos"

I would definately invest in this one day but it's not necessary not to the point to call someone a moron.

Have you ever been in a car with nitrous?

Oh yea no offense, lol.

#71 ·
kickinit said:
Did you just call me stupid? What's up with that? :dontknow: Totally unnecessary! Especially since I DID have a window switch.

Excess also has just socked it to you with his point, though I don't condone his colourful language. ;)

Let's clean this up some boys. Tolerance!

No more "stupid" comments please, unless they are warranted.

Az

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.