Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

Small Bottle...

Tags
bottle small
6K views 57 replies 14 participants last post by  randy! 
#1 ·
im lookin for a small nitrous bottle like the one in f&f(sorry to refer to the movie) in the red rx7? and is there 25-30 jet nozzle?

im all new to the nitrous world so dont flame:firemad:

#2 ·
NOS makes a kit with that small bottle. It's part # 05029NOS. It's called a sneaky pete kit. You don't have to wire anything to the car at all, as it runs on it's own battery. It's a neat little kit. Down side? No fuel enrichment. It just sprays straight nitrous into the system. If you are just looking for the bottle and plan on getting a full nitrous kit, part # for just the bottle is 14700NOS for the standard and 14700-PNOS for the polished. It's a 10oz bottle, so expect to refill often if you plan on getting the small bottles. Also if you plan on using multiple bottles, let me know. I can give you the part numbers for the fittings you will need to hook up multiple bottles.

#4 ·
wow. thx alot guys. im not planing on using it much and i really dont want anyone to see the bottle thats why i want a small bottle. i jus hate feelin where u wished u had somethin to spray. do anyone of u guys know if zex makes a small kit? ive heard there the easiest to install and really reliable and if they made a 25-30 shot nozzle? thx.

#6 ·
Both NOS and Nitrous Express make many size bottles ranging from 10 oz to 15 lb show polished or regular.

If you want to build a custom kit you start with the what bottle configuration you want and you can use a bare bones EFI kit. I found one kit at speedshop.org.

It's a nice simple kit (custom):

http://speedshop.org/detail.asp?product_ID=NEDT-0021

Check it out. It's not really for the beginner though.

#11 · (Edited)
well i knew that but the sneaky pete nos setup contains only 1 10 oz bottle and i was looking for a way to combine multiple bottles so i can have more than 2 shots and keep that HIDDEN look. i like the mulitple bottle look that i saw in the fast n furious (4 bottles were connected), i dont just want to put a false wall in the trunk for a regular bottle. thats boring =)

#12 ·
a couple of they guys on here keep theirs hidden in the trunk where the spare tire goes and the carpet and all goes right back in, then run your lines under the carpet or under car and through the fenders, a little brainstorming and ya can come up with some creative suff :thumbsup: .... ive even seen them hidden under the rear bumper, i wouldnt do it but its another idea...gl

#13 ·
Check it!! ... http://www.dynotunenitrous.com/store/scripts/prodlist.asp?idcategory=40

and keep in mind there are 16oz's in 1 pound, pretty much all of us run 10lb bottles and can get about 12-15 track passes on a bottle depending on what size shot your running (your obviously not getting 12 passes out of a 150 shot but a 50-75 shot you can get close to 15)

#14 ·
I have seen that kinda of set up b4 in a few s2000s. its a really smart place to hide it and everything, but i dont no, id feel helpless if i ever got a flat and didnt have a spare tire lol. but yeh if i no im gonna race ill take it out n leave it at home or out it in a friends car lol. 12 oz bottle btw is genus lol thanks. but is there anyway to just hook up like 4 bottles together? its different, and thats y i like it =) it also eliminates having to buy a remote opener, and u get to save ur spare tire! lol. the more i think about it i start to think that maybe it would be better, faster to install, and more powerful to just hook up the 4 bottles to a single fogger system. any ideas if this would work?

#15 ·
just something to consider, a 10lb bottle is 160oz's thats 40oz's per cylinder which is 2.5lbs and they sell bottles in that size you could do 4 of them or go with the 20oz bottles and that would take 8 of them to carry the equal amount that we are or if your not using that much cut it in half and just run the equivalent of a 5lb bottle just more compact, and for size reference i believe a tank for a paint ball gun is 16oz or 1lb so id assume there about the same, they may make them a little longer and not so fat....i dunno im just rambling thoughts off while im about to fall asleep so ill probably come back tomorrow and be like wtf lol

#23 ·
If you only keep 1 bottle open its gonna have the same pressure as only having 1 bottle connected. You can use a heater and once the pressure drops you know that bottle is getting low. Once its empty you can put the heater on a different bottle, close the old empty bottle, and open the new one and continue like that.

#25 ·
The warmer you keep the bottle the better (around 900psi), nitrous will expand when its warmer so you get a consistant spray all the time unlike non heat control bottle where the pressure drops after each use. You dont NEED a purge kit, it does a little purpose by clearing out the air so its straight nitrous at the solonoid, but it does waste alot of nitrous so I wouldnt reccomend one with a sneaky pette bottle.

#27 ·
so ur saying i dont need a bottle warmer? but i would need to get the kit that blows the nos outside in the event the bottle pressure is too high, would i have to put 1 of these on each bottle or just 1 on the main line? sorry im new to the idea of using multiple bottles lol. and i also read that the sneaky pete is just for carborated engines, but when i looked at the install guide it made it sound like a dry kit. and a dry kit is bad when u have turbos right?

#31 ·
LOL Im also equipped with 2 10's in the trunk area :thumbsup:

The way i look at it i see it as a way to save money. ur regular nos kit sells around 600 and u still need to buy a bottle heater, nitrous purge, etc. so most of the time a nos kit can b excess of $1000. i no that i will not use the nos on a daily bases only when i really need it in a race. its my insurance policy =). the sneaky pete is only 250. each bottle i add is $100. so for 4 bottles it will cost me 550+misc. parts. and i get to have a unique setup that is hidden and could be a big plus for judges at car shows. looks like a great idea to me.

Now what is the k-pro??
You can pick up a used nitrous kit for like $300 bucks with a 10lb bottle then a heater is like 100, purge you can put together if you buy a cheap solonoid. You can guy replacement 10lb bottles for 100 bucks as well. IMO the sneaky peat is a waste of money as well cause it'll only last a couple runs. As far as the bottle heater goes, its probably the best thing you can get for a nitrous kit. The warmer the bottle the better

#28 · (Edited)
You should really do some more research on the subject before buying anything.
How long will 1 bottle last? One or two passes at most. It sounds to me like you're
on a one-way trip to Wastedmoneyville. Like others have said, if your trying to "hide"
your setup, it can be done a lot easier and for the less than the cost of buying a bunch
of tiny bottles scattered about your car. If you have a turbo, you have K-Pro, and dry is fine.

#29 ·
The way i look at it i see it as a way to save money. ur regular nos kit sells around 600 and u still need to buy a bottle heater, nitrous purge, etc. so most of the time a nos kit can b excess of $1000. i no that i will not use the nos on a daily bases only when i really need it in a race. its my insurance policy =). the sneaky pete is only 250. each bottle i add is $100. so for 4 bottles it will cost me 550+misc. parts. and i get to have a unique setup that is hidden and could be a big plus for judges at car shows. looks like a great idea to me.

Now what is the k-pro??

#33 ·
idk. i dont plan on using it alot, so i dont need alot, and i wanna hide it. thats y i like the sneaky pete. my problem was though if i got a full kit (itd b a wet kit) i would HAVE to have bottle openers, dual purge kit with leds (id show that shit off haha), and a window switch. if u use nos a lot, and use a fairly big shot, u really should get a window switch. i c this from both sides though and i really like hittin the button too, but for max performance ya gotta do what ya gotta do lol. but since im not planing on using it alot id b fine just hidding it. its always more fun to c the look on the other guys face when hes like wtf just happened?! haha

#35 ·
my plan was to change the jets to something just a lil bit bigger n get 50 hp (30hp comes with). its a bigger jet so it is gonna require more nos so thats y id get it and then expand it with more bottles. i think that this will prob only give me 1 shot per bottle unless i get lucky n get 2. i understand thats not alot, n some of u r prob thinkin y would u do that?! but i dont really need it and wont use it often, only on really close races. so its fine with me.

#36 ·
Why do you need a window switch? Kpro has that built in to the ECU and it has alot of other features as well. A dry kit direct port is alot saver and alot more reliable if you do it correctly with Kpro and bigger injectors. A dual purge kit with LED's is pretty ricer like and would end up wasting a shit load of your nitrous (specailly if your using a sneaky pete bottle) and you'd maybe get to run through your gears twice. I dunno if you've ever been in a nitrous car or used nitrous but when your racing somebody and your losing, if you hit the botton your not gonna scream past them and blow their doors off like in fast and furious. I know when I race somebody and use my nitrous I race em once all motor to kinda size em up, and if they beat me ill run em again and as soon as I get traction im on the button and use the nitrous through the entire race (usually 4 gears). If you dont use nitrous as soon as you can in a race (and your losing) its probably to late.

#37 ·
yeh ill agree with u there. there is no "too soon junor" like in fast n furious. n btw i was plannin on goin with a Power FC from Apexi, ive heard great things. ok so one of my friends has an rx7 n hes considering the same thing, but hes afraid to put a dry kit on it because its got twin turbos. any idea if thats actually true that a dry kit is bad for tts?

#38 ·
I havent ever heard of an Apexi Power FC so I personally couldnt tell you about em. I just looked them up tho and they dont make em for K series, but then again I dont know what car you have either. Your friend can put nitrous on whatever he wants, as long as its done and tuned right there isnt a problem. I hope he knows that if he puts nitrous on a boosted car it doubles the shot since he already has a power adder (a 50 shot would respond like 100). The only time dry nitrous is bad for your car is if your car isnt tuned for it cause its giving it more power without any fuel being added so it leans out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.