Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

bottle warmer or torch

5K views 96 replies 32 participants last post by  TravelinDC5 
#1 ·
is it a better idea to get a bottle warmer or just use a torch...i heard the bottle warmers take a while

#9 ·
if you are cheap and dont wan to pay for a warmer you can always get a rag and wet it and boil it for a little or just use plain hot water and quickly wrap it around the bottle numerous times until the desired pressure is needed.
You can also do vice versa. I remember when I left my vehicle parked in the sun in 100+ degree weather I forgot all about the bottle and when I came back it shot over 1300 degrees. I quickly got paper towels from school purchased a bottle water and wrapped the bottle numerous times with fresh cold water to cool it down. It really works!

#17 ·
if you are cheap and dont wan to pay for a warmer you can always get a rag and wet it and boil it for a little or just use plain hot water and quickly wrap it around the bottle numerous times until the desired pressure is needed.
You can also do vice versa. I remember when I left my vehicle parked in the sun in 100+ degree weather I forgot all about the bottle and when I came back it shot over 1300 degrees. I quickly got paper towels from school purchased a bottle water and wrapped the bottle numerous times with fresh cold water to cool it down. It really works!
What planet is that on?

#13 ·
i used a propane torch for like a year, lol... best thing to do if you're afraid of the bottle warmer taking too long... put the bottle in the shower with you using hot water... it will be warm in no time, and you'll be clean for racing.

#14 ·
There's nothing wrong with using a torch so long as you do it the right way.

#26 ·
Only a complete and utter retard with no regard for either his own life or the lives of those around him would use something as completely stupid and irresponsible as a propane torch to warm a bottle. If you do not have the common sense and funds to use a proper warmer then you have no business whatsoever having a RSX (much less a modified one). If you insist on using a torch please by all means do so as soon as possible and get out of the gene pool before you reproduce.

#36 ·
i just installed my nitrous kit today, i havent touched the bottle, partly because i dont know what pressure to run it at, but ive read 900-1000. and since i dont have a bottle warmer i thought about how i could get it warmer..so i considered a torch..but that was just a thought, i wouldnt really want to put an open flame in my trunk, let alone put an open flame on the bottle. Then i saw this thread...and i hope no one actually tries using a torch, it could really only result in bad things....what about a heating pad? might be a little hard considering its ac not dc..just a thought

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.