Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

here's my 75 shot dyno numbers

6K views 58 replies 38 participants last post by  WPGtypeS 
#1 · (Edited)
i have an 06 type-s w/ fujita cai, hondata img, and a wet 75 shot. bottle pressure on the 1st run was around 990psi and the 2nd run 950psi. jettings are 42 nitrous and 24 fuel. 91 octane and 3 gallons of 111 octane. this was on a mustang dyno.

here's the graph for the all motor run, afr was measured with an o2 sniffer on the tailpipe so dont mind the lean spike at 7k rpm.

graph for the nitrous run, crazy vtec dip, i'm running very rich up top, dipping into the 10's.

See less See more
#13 ·
Numbers seem low. I have I/H/E, IMG and was spraying a ZEX 75 shot wet kit on top of all that and hanging with Buschur Stage 2 EVO's on the interstate.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/1e714a22-6af3-40ac-8a7f-9987015ea5e9.htm

Based on power to weight ratio's we estimated my car to be around 250-260whp in order to stay even with a 325-340whp EVO. I also used a hp calculater that takes your 1/4 mile trap speed, time, and vehicle weight and computes the amount of hp it takes to run that. It came out to 260whp. So I would say thats a very reasonable guess for my car.

As far as tuning with a 75 shot. It would help, but I don't feel it's necessary. I am basing this on the fact that I ran 6 bottles through my car with no problems. However I want more power so I sold the ZEX kit and I'm saving up for K-pro and piecing together a custom dry kit so that I can run a bigger shot and possibly dual stages. You can use a wet kit with k-pro, but ZEX's Brain module makes things complicated, where as a dry kit controlled by k-pro is about as simple as you can get.

#18 ·
I don't know too much about nitrous...But can someone tell me why you wouldn't need k-pro with a wet shot but you do need it with a dry shot?

#19 ·
^ easy. A wet shot brings its own fuel to the party through a nitrous fuel line. A dry shot need kpro to add additional fuel through the injectors since it does not bring additional fuel through the nitrous line.

#21 ·
It's not only fuel that is needed to make the engine run right. Ignition timing needs to be retarded while adding fuel,or else you will get detonation
So you're saying it isn't safe to run a WEt shot w/o k-pro?

#22 · (Edited)
no kpro. a wet shot is safe to a certain extent. the higher shot you go the more likely detonation will happen. with my 75 shot im running very rich and with no detonation because of 111 octane. if i used straight 91 octane i'll be detonating. if you have kpro you can manually retard ignition timing so you don't have to run race gas. understand?

#23 ·
yes sir. Ty!

#27 ·
K-Pro is by far the best mod you can do to your engine. It was far more drastic when I got it tuned then with all the other mods I did combined!!!

I speak for all of us when I say "GATHER YOUR DOUGH AND GET K-PRO!" :)

#29 ·
i think that is fine. I bet 95 % of people that say you need kpro, you're going to blow etc, have no clue whats going on just that you need kpro.

Yes kpro would be good so you can get more power.

If you are spraying at wot i see no problem with a 75 wet shot.

#30 ·
NO we aren't saying get kpro because it will help you make more power...It's because kpro will help you get more power safely and without blowing your motor...Plus it makes life alot easier

kikwear002: How many times did you spray a 75shot on a type s with no kpro?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.