Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

My sleeper nitrous set up

9K views 103 replies 34 participants last post by  mr.k20z 
#1 · (Edited)
My (somewhat) sleeper nitrous set up

well my setup is done for now..mostly cause i dont have the money to spend on more stuff right now but anyway let me know what you think

Teh Car

Rear w/stock muffler

Nitrous arming switch and purge button

Open and Close switch for electric cutout

Bottle w/ NOS gauge, Dynotune warmer, and blow down tube

I ran the tube between the seats and drilled a hole in the spare tire well and just plugged it through

Custom 2.5 inch w/o cat ran back to the stock muffler and cutout

Electric Cutout

ProStreet 8LB flywheel

I also have a competition stg4 6puck clutch but i forgot to get pics of that
Falken Azenis RT615 < Gods among tires, i love these

and i have Innovative motor mounts and the ingalls engine damper but i also forgot to get pics so i believe thats all, hope you enjoyed.

See less See more
#46 ·
ha^... that two stage shot is a good idea i have the azenis rt 615's and on about 25lb on a nice warm day they do pretty well but there are still traction issues... do you have the same tires i have

jp whats your advice for traction being on spray and a charger id imagine you have problems

#48 ·
I love how there is no motor picture. Show off them noids chris! You could run a 2 stage shot on yours OR you could take some air out of the tires, heat em up a notch, and stop spraying in 1st. Otherwise you might need a [cue the music] window switch.

:) I've got to see the car now with the cutout working, does she still sound like a gsxr?

#52 ·
Whoaaaa now...... If you are not using K-pro for control of the nitrous, you MUST use a window switch if you want your motor in one piece.

First of all, learn to use punctuation. It helps people understand WTF you are saying. Secondly, I think what you are trying to say is that the two stage helps with traction. That has nothing to do with a window switch that keeps you from spraying nitrous when fuel cut is engaged at the stock rev limiter. Dual stage nitrous, like the setup I just ordered, helps traction because it softens the initial hit of nitrous. Plus with K-pro you have complete control of when each stage engages. Here's a screen shot of the first nitrous tab for reference. BTW, K-pro is fucking sick for the simple fact it can control 3 stages of nitrous.:chuck:

**PS, these are not my settings for my nitrous. This is just a screen shot of the options you have with K-pro.**

#65 ·
ok.....i understand that. accding to the numbers...off the showroom floor im getting 333 at the crank...top end = hp, not torque (which i might have more of als0).....not bashing at all... JPs car has always been one of my favorites on here..

ps, jp...in the vid of you running the evo..were you spraying there also?

#83 ·
I need to get some pics up, I put my switches where the tray is and I leave the cupholders open so its well hidden, the bottle sits in a back pack and the solenoids are mounted under the battery tray, all wires are black and pretty unoticeable and the feeds are wrapped in wire loom so really thats all you will see connecting to the intake elbow.

#85 ·
everything is still fully functional, the tray/cup holder still moves back and forth completely allowing me access to either compartment and the switches remain hidden on the back part of where the tray would be so I close that and open the cupholders and im good to go :thumbsup:

#91 ·
yeah, my car has one, its right below the cruise control and moonroof button. I think some models up north or whereever came with a different option there though. I bought the car used, and yeah its an ashtray, got the cig grooves and all in it, though before I accidently knocked it out, I just used it to hold coins.

#93 ·
Got pics? There is no way in hell there is an ashtray there... if it is I'll buy it off you in a heartbeat. Tired of using a Razo "ash bottle" stuck in the rear center cupholder.... biggest pain in the ass to reach...

#101 ·
i prefer the change tray switches.. less comon sot for passangers to peak in since they cant reach, and i love the tray, fits my smokes and lighter like it was made for it..

lastley.. the change tray is closer to the wheel.. i want both hands on the wheel when i spray.

#102 ·
My spray doesn't require and switches or buttons, the switches are the heater and arming switch and the button is only for purge. Nitrous comes on when it meets all the parameters I set in my ecu.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.