Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

My sleeper nitrous set up

9K views 103 replies 34 participants last post by  mr.k20z 
#1 · (Edited)
My (somewhat) sleeper nitrous set up

well my setup is done for now..mostly cause i dont have the money to spend on more stuff right now but anyway let me know what you think

Teh Car

Rear w/stock muffler

Nitrous arming switch and purge button

Open and Close switch for electric cutout

Bottle w/ NOS gauge, Dynotune warmer, and blow down tube

I ran the tube between the seats and drilled a hole in the spare tire well and just plugged it through

Custom 2.5 inch w/o cat ran back to the stock muffler and cutout

Electric Cutout

ProStreet 8LB flywheel

I also have a competition stg4 6puck clutch but i forgot to get pics of that
Falken Azenis RT615 < Gods among tires, i love these

and i have Innovative motor mounts and the ingalls engine damper but i also forgot to get pics so i believe thats all, hope you enjoyed.

See less See more
#4 · (Edited)
Sleeper? :crazy:

Might be "sleeper" on the outside but one peek inside and its a totally different story.

My bottle is hidden, as well as my switches and lines. Looks for a much cleaner setup if u ask me.

Considering someone can sit in my car and not know i have a blower nor nitrous... thats sleeper.

#5 ·
alright well i used "sleeper" cause from the outside it looks compleatly stock and sounds, the stock muffler keeps it pretty quite, so if you were to drive past or next to me you really wouldnt think twice about it ^^plus i dont like people sitting in my car so i dont care that its in the back seat

#14 ·
Most of the people you race aren't inside... :p

#16 ·
A true sleeper means you cant tell shit about the car from wherever you are in it.

You pop my hood you cant even tell i have juice.

You pop my trunk you dont see anything.

You look inside, no switches no gauges.

Everyone and there mother takes a look at my car and sleeps on it everytime.

I'll be bunched up with 10-20 rsx at one time, they pass mine on like its stock and never choose me to run them.

Thats when u know u have a sleeper.

#18 ·
I don't know about sleeper, but ghetto would probably apply. WTF is up with that blow down line?? If you would mount it in a more common spot, like the trunk, you wouldn't have to put some rediculous custom blow down line on it. :thumbsdow

#20 ·
well you being from WV im sure you know ghettoness so i guess id have to believe that theres some truth in that but i mounted it there cause i didnt want it to be common or like everyone else and put it in the trunk and ralph you said i should have gone with the controller instead of having the switches and everything but from what i see you have two switches and a push button, as do i, so what do you use the controller for?

epimpin the blow down tube is used incase the pressure of the bottle gets to high it blows out a crush ring thats rated for a certain pressure runs out the line and exits the car

#24 ·
i use the controller for everything i need like i sed before of course ur gonna need a purge button so thats one then to engage so 2 and a bottle heater 3 u have switches all over the place no clean lookin at all wutever u can think of the controller does it even a 2 stage its really nice an cheap

#26 ·
alright well i guess i should have just put my nitrous setup cause it looks like im just going to get bashed through this whole thread for saying sleeper but again from the out side to me it is... ralph where did you get your controller and how much was it?

#28 ·
well if you do get around to getting pics sometime id like to see them also having heard what everyone has to say has kinda shed some new light onto what ive done and im starting to consider redoing a couple of things

#33 ·
looks good i like it... but like i said i tried to do something different i didnt want the same thing everyone else does, it might not have turn out as glamorous as people think it should be but its my car and i still like it, is that the car with the set up you have in your sig?

#39 ·
is that the car with the set up you have in your sig?
Same car, different setup. As of right now I'm all motor and thats what my sig stats show. I am ordering my Injectors, and Dry Nitrous setup this week. Watch for a new thread from me in the next week or two. Later this summer I plan on adding a second stage of nitrous so I can run a 50 shot primary and 35 shot secondary for a total of an 85 shot. My goal is 300whp on the spray. Breaking up the shot like that will help with traction and its also alot easier on your crank and rods.

#34 ·
So its safe to run nitrous w/o k-pro as long as its a wet shot?

#35 ·
i got my controller from a local shop in louisville ky i basically got it for free because i ddint know how to install the controller so i just paid for a lil labor and he gave it to me for free but its on the nos site its around like220 or sumthin it def took sum time to put that shit on im not very good with wires and i didnt even know about it so i just had the dude put it on for me

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.