Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

Pics of Nitrous Install

4K views 66 replies 14 participants last post by  EG6Hatch 
#1 ·
Got the nitrous finished up this past week. Sprayed for the first time last night and everything felt good. No knocks, and she was pretty rich. Didn't have time to spray again so I'm gonna try and pull a lil' fuel tonight and see how much it leans out. I'm aiming for 12.0's across the board with the spray on. Here's the pics.

See less See more
#46 ·
yeah thats odd your having issues with 6lbs, i'm good all the way to 2lbs on a 75 shot, I put 12lbs in my bottle anyway, I am contemplating a 15lb bottle for my track direct port setup, that way they will both be on the same schedule for filling. Either that or just order the rest of my filling station.

#48 ·
That's why I'm thinking maybe something is wrong with the syphon tube. I'm gonna run this bottle until it feels weak again and then I'm gonna weigh it. If it's the same thing again, I'm just gonna purge the remaining nitrous out and remove the valve to check the syphon tube. It almost has to be it. It sprays perfectly fine when it's full so I know it's not a solenoid or line problem.

#49 ·
I did a pull the other night with around 1 lb in the bottle and it pulled until it was empty. Do you have the bottle mounted with the label up, top of the bottle elevated and the bottom of the bottle to the rear of the car? If so you may want to get the bottle checked out and make sure you dont have any clogs in the system. Other then that. :dontknow:

#50 ·
Yeah, it's mounted exactly how DynoTune tells you to mount it. Check out the pic. I've checked and double checked the lines, solenoids and nozzle for clogs. Everything is clear with no restrictions. When the bottle is full it sprays perfectly fine. It only sprays weak when it gets down to around the 6 lbs mark.

#53 ·
Heater working? Is your PSI at ~950? Is Kpro shutting the N2O off due to knocks? You better datalog when this happens and see what is going on. If you meet the knock count in the nitrous parameters then the nitrous will shut down and you will continue to run just NA. I'm starting to hit a dead end as to what your issue is. So datalog and post it up when it doesn't work.

#55 ·
Those mounts are fine, I have them as well. I have no issues and I lowered the front one so it would fit where I wanted it. He is having some other unknow issue. The syphon my be in the wrong place or something else that we are trying to figure out. The more I think about the issue the more I believe it could be a syphon issue. :dontknow:

#58 ·
It's not knocking. It has nothing to do with k-pro shutting it off or not turning it on. It only occurs when the bottle gets to the 6 lb mark. I've datalogged every time I've sprayed so far and not a single count of knock. I've narrowed it down to a syphon tube problem. That's the only thing it could be.

#59 · (Edited)
Ran my buddies EVO VIII RS last night. Here's his mod list:

EVO IX Turbo
Buschur Intake
EVO IX MR Recirculating Valve
Buschur Ported Exhaust Manifold
Megan o2 Housing
Buschur 3" Downpipe w/o CAT
Buschur 3" Exhaust with Bullet Muffler
Buschur LICP
Buschur Deluxe FMIC
EFS UICP
Buschur Ported TB
Buschur Ported Intake Manifold
Intake Manifold Heatshield Gasket
HKS 272 Cams w/ ARP Headstuds
EFS Mini-battery Kit
1000cc Injectors
Walbro Fuel Pump
Running E85 tuned to 27psi

Before the 1000cc Injectors and E85 he was side by side with or friends EVO IX that dyno'd 370awhp. Now that he's on the E85 and running more boost and timing, we estimate his car to be around 400awhp.

For the record, he brake boosted me every race too. We went out and did the first race from 40-120mph. We three beeped and went. I was in second gear and immediately had traction problems and he pulled a car on me right from the get go. I got traction and he just barely walked me another car up to 120mph. So a total of 2 cars from a 40mph roll. We decided to make it a lil' more fair since I was spinning in second, so the next race we went from a 50mph roll and I started in 3rd gear. We three beeped and this time he didn't pull on me like before because I didn't spin. He barely walked me 1 car all the way up to 120mph. Needless to say, I was very very very very happy. He was happy he won, but was also very surprised that I was that close to him. I've road in his car many times and I know how fast it is first hand. So for me to stay that close to him lets me know my car is running strong.

#60 ·
You take any vids??

#63 ·
I think the problem was the bottle. I was able to get another bottle to try out and it seems to be lasting longer then my original bottle was. I'm gonna run this one til' it quits spraying hard and then see where it's at. I'd say I've found the problem.

#65 ·
I know. But now I've got another problem. Traction. The 100 shot is just too much for the Falken Azenis's, even in 2nd gear. Both of my runs at the track this weekend had major wheel spinnage in 2nd gear. This in turn resulted in me short shifting into 3rd gear on both runs. So now I think it's time for 2 stages of nitrous. I priced every fitting, line, nozzle and solenoid you need to add a second stage of nitrous. It comes to right around $200 from Dynotune. I'm thinking a primary shot of 65hp in 1st and 2nd gear with the second stage of 45hp coming on in 3rd gear. I really don't want to run drag radials unless I absolutely have to. I like driving to the track exactly how I drive it on the street. Splitting the shot up might be my only hope to run a full 1/4mile pass spraying in all gears.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.