Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

Nitrous *CHAT*...Ima spray it till my shit hits the fan

77K views 1K replies 107 participants last post by  02civic629 
#1 ·
So i thought an offical chat thread would be nice, cause ive noticed we've been using the q&a as a chat kinda along with some other threads so get in on this shit!!!!!

So i bought the rbc and comtech header and put them both on last night and the adapter plate i got with the rbc had an option to get nitrous ports put on it so i figured id just run my two stage on that, well turns out the ports are 1/8th inch and dry nozzles are, im assuming 1/16th cause they deff. dont fit. So now i have to order two new nozzles or cap one and use a wet shot nozzle because i was thinking that those are 1/8th inch.

Anyone use the adapter plate for there setup?
And whats your guys thoughts on spraying through that plate? I was a little worried because its between the throttle body and the manifold.

Well other than all that i loaded up the toda header, exhaust, cai, stocks cams map and tuned up the A/F and it pulls soooo nice now, i cant wait for better weather so i can start spraying again.

#3 · (Edited)
All i know is...

CAI, K pro, walbro pump, stock injectors, 40 shot. (no other mods)

400 Fuel isnt enough and i hit a lean cut. :face:

I didnt get to datalog, im trying to figure out before i go in for a datalog, you guys think its injector cycle 100%+ or simply not enough fuel? ( keep in mind i do have a pump)

#4 · (Edited)
hmm... kpro<help<contents<search- nitrous at the bottem of the page i think it has some fuel values to get you started and they should be pretty rich you could try that and tune it up from there...i dunno about your duty cycle tho with out a datalog and i never sprayed on stock injectors so i dont know how far you might be running them

edit: this is a link from hondata, it seems their claiming to have run an 80 shot on stock injectors?? or am i reading it wrong

http://www.hondata.com/dynok20a2nos.html

#5 ·
i have the adapter plate on my car but i dont have direct port. we have almost the same mods there. im also running the toda header, intake and exhaust with stock cams calibration

#7 ·
ive been messing with that map lately and im not sure if i like it its very rich all throughout even with all my bolt ons, how many miles are you getting to a tank?

Those are on 440s. Stocks are 310s.
The car made 283 hp @ 7000 rpm (with nitrous) on stock injectors at about 94% duty cycle, which was about the same power as with 440cc injectors.

theres no way he made 283 on a 40 shot that has to be the 80

#16 · (Edited)
Social Group

*alright so f the group, but not everyone's runnin the big shot sooo lets change it up.... flaker wanted to do this eventually anyway so are there any other suggestions

Nitrous Junky Crew
Nitrous Crew
100+ shot crew
Fuck Boost!! Gimmie Some Juice Crew
Spraying our Brains Out! Crew
Juice Crew

#24 · (Edited)
well, long story short, i just sprayed and when slowing down, my car sound like it was misfiring. well i bought new plugs because the old ones' grounds were worn down pretty good. well, this didn't fix the problem. basically it sounds like it's misfiring while idling and driving on it, however while letting the rpms drop when slowing down, it sounds fine. this leads to me to believe that it's not firing on all cylinders. i don't know how to check to see if the injectors or if the coils are working, but try to start with that. im at a loss with the car. any ideas..

btw, its an 80 dry shot ran through kpro

edit: im using stock injectors and the max they run is about 90% duty cycle..i just need basic info for what the issue could be. i'll run n2o later after i get bigger injectors

#38 ·
i checked the compression..it was 160ish across the board except the #2 piston read 0. so now i know for a fact its internal, but i have to figure out if its the valves or the piston/rings. im gonna do some tests to check the rings by checking blow by through the oil cap with the car running. basically i was told to run the car, take off the cap, and feel how much air is coming through. i should feel a considerable amount of air if the rings are blown through..either way, its time to rebuild..the head? the block? however, i do know the compression is WAY down from a year ago when the pistons tested at 210psi.

#40 ·
oh my thats not good, sorry bout your luck. Or you could look at it as motovation to build a new one

If I wanted to spray the shit out of the motor would it be my best bet to sleeve it? What kind of shot can a sleeved block hold? Right now I have I/H/E/RBC/IPS K2 Cams. Do I run the dry shot through the intake manifold?
if you have kpro yes, read through the stickys

#46 · (Edited)
ok, i know you guys have been waiting for word on what exactly was wrong with my engine. i pulled the engine a couple of days ago and today i pulled the head. one of the exhaust valves has 2 small chunks missing from it where the valve seats. it also has a hairline fracture. this is the cause of loss of compression. since the compression test revealed my rings are probably going out, its time to build. i've been doing some research and im going all motor for now and n2o. im planning on 11.7:1 compression wiseco pistons w/milled head and block to up the compression with a 2 layer head gasket. im thinking either supertech or blueprint valvetrain with flat valves 5 angle seats. i haven't made up my mind on what cams, but i know i can do those later on once i get the block ready.

i've done some searching, but i was curious what is the advantage of 90# valve springs have over 80# springs and how they compare to stock springs? i would guess they are better for long duration/lift cams, but i want to know if 80# springs will work with say, crower stg 3 cams or toda spec Cs?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.