Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

Nitrous *CHAT*...Ima spray it till my shit hits the fan

77K views 1K replies 107 participants last post by  02civic629 
#1 ·
So i thought an offical chat thread would be nice, cause ive noticed we've been using the q&a as a chat kinda along with some other threads so get in on this shit!!!!!

So i bought the rbc and comtech header and put them both on last night and the adapter plate i got with the rbc had an option to get nitrous ports put on it so i figured id just run my two stage on that, well turns out the ports are 1/8th inch and dry nozzles are, im assuming 1/16th cause they deff. dont fit. So now i have to order two new nozzles or cap one and use a wet shot nozzle because i was thinking that those are 1/8th inch.

Anyone use the adapter plate for there setup?
And whats your guys thoughts on spraying through that plate? I was a little worried because its between the throttle body and the manifold.

Well other than all that i loaded up the toda header, exhaust, cai, stocks cams map and tuned up the A/F and it pulls soooo nice now, i cant wait for better weather so i can start spraying again.

#55 ·
So what is everyones plans or goals for this spring?

I plan on upgrading my clutch(finally), and adding a second stage of spray(75 Primary, 50 Secondary) for a total of a 125 shot. That should be enough to get me into the 12's. I was able to pull a 13.20 on stock clutch and a 100shot this past season.

I'd like to do some more dress up and weight reduction too. Gotta have the show to match the go. :pimp

#56 ·
my suspension is where im hurting (stock) so hopefully i can do something with that, i was planning on getting the ksport pro coilovers and some radials with my tax money but it doesnt look like im getting back what i thought i was so i guess thats going to bills now. i was planning on also using that karcepts plate to spray through but it looks like thats not going to be a good idea so i think im going to use a nozzle from a wet kit and do a 60 and 50 shot, maybe more :shady:...

but im determined to be in the 12's sometime this summer also :thumbsup:

#67 ·
well, on that big a shot intake injected is probly a bad idea, I have thought bout the Zex air filter for dry shot for my first stage, and then DPing the other(s). I have read the threads bout wet shot, and know that nobody supports it. Just dang, I hate to have a thousand tunes for any situation, cause my deal is, if I have a tune for a larger shot, I am gonna use it, instead of being smart on some races and keeping the motor healthier longer. For example no need to spray 150-250shot against a car 2-3seconds slower, but I am still gonna do it if I have it, haha.

#72 ·
you'll want more eventually lol

how are you guys running a pressure regulator? Or are you converting to a return setup with one? Try to up the pressure to increase the injectors.
not running one, and what are you talking about "increase the injecotrs"?

lol ya i would hope so but i need k-pro befire i can do anything unless i go wet, but i dont if i want to deal with all that.

smart man :thumbsup:

#73 ·
by turning the fuel pressure up you can increase the output of the injectors. Basically taking our 310cc injectors to more, depending on what you increased the fuel pressure to say would be comparable to 390cc or even like 410cc, for example. Its a way to cheat your injectors, and not have to buy bigger if you need just a lil more. All injectors are rated their cc's at a certain fuel pressure, I think ours is like 52psi or something, normal hondas are like at 44 or something like that. So really ours arent any bigger than say the Prelude's 270cc injectors cause of the fuel pressure difference.

#74 ·
i could be wrong but i feel like doing that you would be putting extra strain on them making them more likely to fail, i get what your saying tho and the concept makes sense i just dont think its worth it, IMO. However something that does work well you could look into is taking the stock injectors and taking the tips off of them and the screen out, im not sure of the exact process but it bores them out to about 520 or 550 i think, my gf's brother did this with my stock injectors when i got new ones and it worked well.

#75 · (Edited)
yeah I am gonna do that for sure, I have been looking at several results, everyone that I have seen that they cc tested came back at 517-522, and for those that had them cleaned and tested came back 519-521cc. I am thinking with my setup, according to RC I need to run 419cc if I run a wet shot, and if I run dry shot, figuring 700bhp, which I hope with full shot to be around 550-600whp it says I need 946cc to run 80% cycle. So really with a dry shot and modding stock injectors, according to it I can spray up to about 100shot. With a wet shot, I can just run 420cc and maybe be ok, though for safety I will be upgrading the fuel pump.

What size injectors is everyone running on theirs, and with what shots?

Dang, I cant wait, I need the car done already so I can do this, OMG I got the laughing juice obsession already, havent even started out any on the car and wanting more, heheheheehe

#76 ·
I have 750's with the stock pump, with 295hp I am running a 54% duty at redline.

You know that there is physical limit to the amount of nitrous injected into a motor.
After so much the motor can not ingest any more and the nitrous starts to back up into the intake.:noes:
I want to say 100 shot per liter is the limit.

#78 ·
Anything over 100shot I would recommend DP only, cause your right, going through the pipe into manifold will cause it to puddle inside.

Hey guys, off subject, but anyone know anybody selling a FD, 5.06-5.4? I am gonna check theck the for sale though now.

#80 ·
I need some speed in my life. I curretly do a 13.7 w/ a 2.1 60 ft. I want 12's! 100 shot in the works. I'm just trying to figure out this whole N20 thing. I never messed with any type of F/I so this will be my first shot. Does anyone have pictures of there engine bay so I can see some dry shot setups? PS do you guys like Dynotune's Nitrous Kits?

#84 ·
I need some speed in my life. I curretly do a 13.7 w/ a 2.1 60 ft. I want 12's! 100 shot in the works. I'm just trying to figure out this whole N20 thing. I never messed with any type of F/I so this will be my first shot. Does anyone have pictures of there engine bay so I can see some dry shot setups? PS do you guys like Dynotune's Nitrous Kits?
Yes :read:

#83 ·
Same here, except I mounted my noids under the battery support. Wrapped all the braided lines in wire loom. That way I never have to worry about tech inspections or cops.
With my direct port setup, thats in the works, I am still experimenting how to mount the nozzles on top of the manifold so the cover will hide them.:giggity:

#82 ·
LOL nice JP, was that line running through the fender? It sort of puts things into perspective (sp) because there's a kid that runs around here that everyone is suspicious of him spraying nitrous and we've all assumed that the shot has to be a small wet shot running the same way you have it. He has I/H/E/RBC and only puts down 210whp, but he beats cars that he shouldn't. He does have K-Pro, but after reading on here that's useless to use with a wet shot. Anyway thanks for sharing.

#85 · (Edited)
Yes I ran plenty of people without them knowing i had juice and they were stumped.

Same here, except I mounted my noids under the battery support. Wrapped all the braided lines in wire loom. That way I never have to worry about tech inspections or cops.
With my direct port setup, thats in the works, I am still experimenting how to mount the nozzles on top of the manifold so the cover will hide them.:giggity:
That pic was pre-wire loom.

Everything was wire loomed and tucked. :thumbsup:

Also not shown was the T fitting for the purge solenoid. (and the other solenoid).

The Jet was mounted on the CAI as low as possible and you couldnt not see it because it was also wireloomed and looked like a "sensor" or similar.

#88 · (Edited)
:dontknow:

If i see an offer I cant refuse, i'll take it :D

One box, one person, one place, sounds good to me.

I'll even throw in the other relays and other wiring stuff i have.

You would have every piece of wiring to have.. (which is all labeled during install from the begining)

Switch to opener.

Switches to heater/gauge, purge kit, and arming switch.

As well as the gauge itself, opener, heater, purge solenoid, 175 hp solenoid, 16ft line, all you would need is a bottle.

#89 ·
thats what I am saying, I think you got em all for like what, my math was rounded 700-800bucks right? Why dont ya try listing it like that also, be someone would be like DAIIIIIIMMMMMMNNNNNNN thats a good deal...LOL, I gotta get my poor motor running first before I get a kit, though tranny needs work before kit too, lol. We are gonna spray it before the end of the season, but first things first.

#91 · (Edited)
Ya.... I mean I could do that.

Most people I feel will just need specific pieces.

But im gonna go ahead and put in a price for everything at once.

JP, what would I need to run a dry 100 shot if I bought your kit?
A bottle and 100 shot jet. :D

I would sell mine but I would get killed on shipping.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.