Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

Nitrous *CHAT*...Ima spray it till my shit hits the fan

77K views 1K replies 107 participants last post by  02civic629 
#1 ·
So i thought an offical chat thread would be nice, cause ive noticed we've been using the q&a as a chat kinda along with some other threads so get in on this shit!!!!!

So i bought the rbc and comtech header and put them both on last night and the adapter plate i got with the rbc had an option to get nitrous ports put on it so i figured id just run my two stage on that, well turns out the ports are 1/8th inch and dry nozzles are, im assuming 1/16th cause they deff. dont fit. So now i have to order two new nozzles or cap one and use a wet shot nozzle because i was thinking that those are 1/8th inch.

Anyone use the adapter plate for there setup?
And whats your guys thoughts on spraying through that plate? I was a little worried because its between the throttle body and the manifold.

Well other than all that i loaded up the toda header, exhaust, cai, stocks cams map and tuned up the A/F and it pulls soooo nice now, i cant wait for better weather so i can start spraying again.

#96 ·
Why a new back seat? Do you have not have stock seats, i take it? When i run a shot this summer im going to do this set-up. I want everything hidden. Alot of people are going to be like :eek: what just happened. :thumbsup:

#97 ·
nah i do have stock seats when i did my kit i made a metal bracket to go under the center plastic tray and bolted it there so my bottle sits between the two seats with the valve about 6inches behind my center consol so all i have to do is reach back and turn it on

#105 ·
update to the blown engine..i purchased supertech flat face standard size valves and supertech springs and tit retainers, the head is getting the valves grinded to seat properly and 8 new exh valve guides installed along with a hot tank to clean things up. the block has some scoring on the top of the bore on the #2 cylinder wall on the upper 1/4 inch of the wall which wraps around about 1/5 of the circumference. i have yet to decide on what im going to do with the bottom end, but im probably going to purchase 87.5mm race prep wiseco pistons. the pistons are 12:1, but the flat valves will up that .3 or .4. i want i-beam rods with acl or honda bearings. for cams im saving for brian crower stg 3's. after all this..its on to a 100 shot with 750cc injectors to compensate..

any comments??

#109 ·
In reference to the flat face valves and 12:1 Wiseco pistons...I am running 11.7:1 with flat face valves, I found the information on the pistons, used the stroke and bore, the info off the valves and plugged those figures into a calculator online...I was expecting 12.4-12.5:1 with my mods, I got 12.8 with stock HG and 13.3 with .027" HG.I was wanting to go no higher than 12.5:1 but ohh well, more power to me, hehe.

#121 ·
so you were aiming for 12.5 compression or the 11.7?

the reason i ask is because i have to order pistons soon for my engine build and im not sure which CR to go with for nitrous.

(gonna have a frank motor with stage 2 cams, ect. aiming for 75-100 shot)

someone else told me 10.5 would be good, but now im seeing two differnet numbers and i couldn't come up with anything searching

#122 ·
#134 ·
yeah I would stick to my dd suggestions then. Also, something else I did, was have the tops of my pistons coated, that raised the compression as well, but probly to 12:1, and the reason is to help with detonation for nitrous. I would recommend you doing the same as well, most places will do it for 10-20bucks per piston and is an investment. It ables you to safely accidently(haha) get away once or twice with a lil knock, saves ya enough to pull back some advancement or add more fuel to get rid of it instead of being screwed.

#142 ·
yeah its that whole tri-state area like kingsport, johnsoncity, and bristol...nice scenery for driving tho last time i made the trip i ended up doing a steady 130mph for about a 1/2 hour through the mountain roads on 81 with some 80 year old looking guy in a porsche lol fun times

#145 ·
wiring up my kit now, all thats left to do is hook up a bottle heater.will a 50 fry shot be fine on stock injectors? im gonna upgrade soon to 680cc ijectors once i hit it with 100. btw its an 05 type s

#158 ·
keep in mind that that was last summer so i could be wrong but i think im a little lower... i dunno, if we get some decent weather some time id take it out and test it for ya but it snowed again today :thumbsdow... as for hp i dont know, i dyno'd once stock motor wet 75 shot short ram intake and straight 2.5 inch exhaust and made 240hp and 230tq dunno how but i have the dyno sheet for proof... i know im over 300 now, i have to be

#159 ·
I know on 195hp I was 75% with 310s, I hope 520 will do...I plan on wiring mine in as a wet shot which should help me to not have to use as big an injector. I know everyone dogs it, but I am gonna run it and prove it will work, if motor blows ohhhh well, guess people can blame it on the wet shot, lol. At least we will all know.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.