Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

Nitrous *CHAT*...Ima spray it till my shit hits the fan

77K views 1K replies 107 participants last post by  02civic629 
#1 ·
So i thought an offical chat thread would be nice, cause ive noticed we've been using the q&a as a chat kinda along with some other threads so get in on this shit!!!!!

So i bought the rbc and comtech header and put them both on last night and the adapter plate i got with the rbc had an option to get nitrous ports put on it so i figured id just run my two stage on that, well turns out the ports are 1/8th inch and dry nozzles are, im assuming 1/16th cause they deff. dont fit. So now i have to order two new nozzles or cap one and use a wet shot nozzle because i was thinking that those are 1/8th inch.

Anyone use the adapter plate for there setup?
And whats your guys thoughts on spraying through that plate? I was a little worried because its between the throttle body and the manifold.

Well other than all that i loaded up the toda header, exhaust, cai, stocks cams map and tuned up the A/F and it pulls soooo nice now, i cant wait for better weather so i can start spraying again.

#169 ·
I will be doing my first stage through a single fogger, and then following stages will be through DP. I plan on getting a Walboro fuel pump, and also, we will, once we put all the nitrous to it, modify the fuel system to a return system so that a fuel pump regulator will be useful. I will slowly be adding the nitrous to it, I will run a few races on one stage, begining with 50 shot and then going to 100 shot. Later I will add a second stage, 50 shot stage one and then 50 and up to 150 with second stage unless I can get traction with more. And then I will go all out. Mainly cause I want to get comfy with it, and wont a small amount of longevity from the motor, rather than none if I went all out from the get go.

#170 ·
My big thing is getting the car back and running, I have to have it rebuilt and ready for drop in in less than 2 weeks, that way I can have dropped in and tuned and short breakin period before our April 5th race, $500 payout. Not alot in most states, but 5 times the pot from what we are use to around here. Its been down since June when the first builder rushed it and screwed me over on the build.

#174 ·
looks like someone got an early present, thought that wasnt till next month or something?<jeff

and if you guys want to get pictures/videos together i think it would be cool to have a collection of them in a thread and maybe sticky it
i finally have my car back and the bottle in so hopefully this week, weather premitting, ill be getting some pics/vids

#185 · (Edited)
If you have the knock count set in nitrous parameters it will shut down if you have an issue that leads to knocking. Whether or not it will prevent damage I figure will depend on how bad the knock issue is. I am not sure if you get an error code if nitrous will shut down automaticly or not. So far any time I had any issue from lean cut to low voltage issues when my battery had a bad cell, Kpro seemed to shut down nitrous.

#186 ·
yeah it shut it down but after looking around more its not the injector (ct520's)...i think...it sounds like its misfiring and the car sounds like a wrx lol so im getting new plugs today cause mine look pretty bad and if its not that then ill try the coilpacks....if none of that solves it then it might be a bent valve :noes:

#188 ·
do you have access to a leak down test or compression tester? I hope its not internal, but it can be a coil pack. I didnt know it, but its not uncommon for coilpacks to go bad, I thought they were fail proof. Apparently heat can kill em. I seen a SRT4 this week at the shop with that problem.

Also, I am gonna set parameters to 1 knock shut it off, lol, cause 1 knock is all it takes sometimes. Once I get a kit on, I will probly resort to PMs and if some dont mind, phone calls to set it up right in Kpro, as oppose to junking this up with stupid simple questions.

Dude, I saw an older Camaro today at the shop, they were tuning it, it runs the 6.50 index and is a bracket car as well. 482whp/425trq on dynojet and extremely humid, upped it 2 degrees in timing and put down 524whp/458trq, crazy that thing wanted timing. Just it was maxed out without leaning out, more timing would have been sick, anyways they relavance, they sprayed 250shot to it, I didnt stick around to see it, but put down like 700 and some change on the rollers!!! Car was sick.

#190 ·
alright changed injectors, plugs, and coilpacks....and its the valves. Possibly needs a head gasket and worst case it needs rings...i never did the 70k tune up so im going to do a head gasket anyway with the valves...reason i say rings is my compression in 1,3, and 4 is about 140 and #2 is about 25 lol

#192 ·
put like two capfulls of oil in #2 and since the others are the same, pick one, see what it did. If it bumped in compression its the rings. Is there oil in coolant, or milky oil in crankcase? Are you able to do a leakdown test?

#198 ·
start with 50shot and see how car and you like it, then slowly work your way up. I have seen on K20a.org that there are a few guys on their swaps running upwards of 200 DR wet shot with Krpo on their cars. ALot of them are running wet shot with Kpro.

#199 ·
well the heads off and stripped down, and the valves are burnt pretty bad, and the head gasket was popped on # 2 sooooo.....monday im ordering ferrea valves, s2000 springs, a new gasket kit for everything, je piston rings, and an arp head stud kit. Turned out to be a $600 mistake but o well shit happens :dontknow:

#203 ·
We would always recommend K pro.

Unless you know how to use AEM EMS yourself, your going to need to bring that to a legit tuner, cuz there is probably like .05% people on here with experience using it. And I hear its a head ache. However it does have its advantages.

You want ease of use, with something that gets the job done the right way, then just get k pro.

#206 ·
for someone trained with it, it is just as easy. Thats why I say Kpro is for Joe Blows, cause a 10yr old can do it. You need to study up on AEM and have some advance tuning knowledge. Its not that its like bowing snot out of your ear, its just it is different and more advance.

#207 ·
Not true at all cause alot of tuners stil ldont know how to tune k-pro the "right way". I've heard and read of some stories where k-pro is one of the hardest softwares to tune. Anyways i cant really say much casue i have no clue what i am doing tuning wise...

#209 ·
LOL, hey this turned into a tuning thread, lol, how bout some nitrous.

I am seriously considering DynoTune now, it looks very good, and very affordable for a new kit. Anyone know that if I do a 2 stage wet shot right now, if I heed to tap 2 spots in my fuel line, or can I drill a tap on end of my fuel rail or use the release in center of the stock one and tap it with a T and split the fuel for that? DynoTuned website explains, but what are the RSX and K series guys doing...beside dry shot. On other K series sites they are running wet shot just fine and safe with Kpro. I just havent gotten around to ask anywhere else.

#210 ·
LOL, hey this turned into a tuning thread, lol, how bout some nitrous.

I am seriously considering DynoTune now, it looks very good, and very affordable for a new kit. Anyone know that if I do a 2 stage wet shot right now, if I heed to tap 2 spots in my fuel line, or can I drill a tap on end of my fuel rail or use the release in center of the stock one and tap it with a T and split the fuel for that? DynoTuned website explains, but what are the RSX and K series guys doing...beside dry shot. On other K series sites they are running wet shot just fine and safe with Kpro. I just havent gotten around to ask anywhere else.

i noticed this at k20a.org too man...

i just don't wanan risk it though, im still set on a dry shot with k-pro:thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.