Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

Nitrous *CHAT*...Ima spray it till my shit hits the fan

77K views 1K replies 107 participants last post by  02civic629 
#1 ·
So i thought an offical chat thread would be nice, cause ive noticed we've been using the q&a as a chat kinda along with some other threads so get in on this shit!!!!!

So i bought the rbc and comtech header and put them both on last night and the adapter plate i got with the rbc had an option to get nitrous ports put on it so i figured id just run my two stage on that, well turns out the ports are 1/8th inch and dry nozzles are, im assuming 1/16th cause they deff. dont fit. So now i have to order two new nozzles or cap one and use a wet shot nozzle because i was thinking that those are 1/8th inch.

Anyone use the adapter plate for there setup?
And whats your guys thoughts on spraying through that plate? I was a little worried because its between the throttle body and the manifold.

Well other than all that i loaded up the toda header, exhaust, cai, stocks cams map and tuned up the A/F and it pulls soooo nice now, i cant wait for better weather so i can start spraying again.

#212 ·
if your car was gonna be dyno tuned and you wanted to end up with a 100 shot..would you dyno it for that or for like a 50 shot then work your way up?...im only gonna be on the dyno once until i get more cash so i don't know wether to go straight for the 100 or go 50-75-100...any suggestions?

#214 ·
well, it is best to tune it with the setup your gonna run, but I would recommend working your way up. Get a tune for the setup your wanting to start with. Then once ready to go up, every 50* pull 2* of timing and add a lil fuel, then make tuning adjustments from there, should be close and safe enough for now. That is why I want to go wet shot on Kpro, I can get a fine tune with it on dyno, and if I want to go larger shot, I dont have to change the tune, only to make small adjustments if I really felt the need to, as well as not having to up my injectors.

#216 · (Edited)
so your saying dyno it N/A...then tuning for the nitrous should be easy enough to do myself?..only thing i'm not 100% on, is do you think the injectors would be ok cause its a dry shot? (planning on either 520 or 650's)

i should probably introduce myself to huh...names Greg and i go to school in Boston, ill be hanging around here now too :thumbsup:

#217 · (Edited)
welcome aboard dude :thumbsup: im chris

yeah tune the nitrous yourself, its easy enough to learn, theres a writeup in the nitrous FAQ and everyone here can give advice

as for injectors id say go with the ct 520's there basically stock modified injectors and run really well plus to save money if you wanna give it a shot you can modify your stock injectors yourself to make them 520s, free upgrade

#218 ·
whats your duty cycle with the 520's? only reason i was thinking about 650's is because my setup is gonna be..

head
k20a2
Toda a3 cams
upgraded valvetrain
oversized valves

block
k24a1
honed
wiseco pistons

on top of kpro, V2, DCRH, borla exhaust cc stage 4 clutch..

my plans are to run a 75-100 shot for a season or two until i get the money to go F/I then cut down the shot to a 30-40 shot

#219 ·
oh i didnt know that lol welll.... id honestly have to say i dunno what kinda duty cycle you would be looking at on those, but id say 650's sound like a safer bet, btw ive seen 2 or 3 guys on here selling 750's and there not really expensive, id look around here befor ordering new

#221 ·
sounds like a nice setup, you should like that. Are you gonna use NA pistons the rebuild for boost, or go with boost pistons while running NA? If you are certain you will rebuild in one year, unless your loaded, I would set the car up the way you want it next spring, personally, save ya money in long run, and the current nitrous can help make up the difference in power til then.

Also, they are running 150-200shot on bone stock motors all day long, as well as 450-600whp on turbo bone stock blocks. I am still skeptical bout them DD them, but they claim they are. And from real test from my tuner, he is only getting 10-15whp more on AEM than Kpro and getting 2-10whp more on Greddy than Kpro. But alot of this is he is new to Kpro, he hasnt tuned a NA setup yet, so we will see, I think NA numbers will be alot closer of a spread, the shop is just know for its nasty boosted applications.

#222 ·
Also, they are running 150-200shot on bone stock motors all day long, as well as 450-600whp on turbo bone stock blocks. I am still skeptical bout them DD them, but they claim they are. And from real test from my tuner, he is only getting 10-15whp more on AEM than Kpro and getting 2-10whp more on Greddy than Kpro. But alot of this is he is new to Kpro, he hasnt tuned a NA setup yet, so we will see, I think NA numbers will be alot closer of a spread, the shop is just know for its nasty boosted applications.
thats pretty ballsy, ive wondered whats the largest shot stock internals could take, any hp/tq numbers for the nitrous cars running that high?

and turbos a completely different world, i never compare us to them cause its easy for them to hit those kinda hp numbers, tq is where we nitrous guys shine :D

#225 ·
yeah I would put a nitrous car up against a turbo car any day, they cant compete, lol!! I know Wiseco said that the 11.7:1 pistons I got from them were good for 200shot. Stock internals, well anything over 125 I think is extremely ballsy too, in fact borderline stupid. They are brave trying it.

#226 ·
yeah that is what i dont want to do, plus it ruins the fuel line for stock use. I actually started looking for aftermarket fuel rails. I want affordable, but not cheap, if you know the difference I am talking about, lol. And what fuel pump do you guys suggest, I am thinking about the Walboro 255lph, but do I need bigger? Also, thoughts on running a 1 gallon C16 cell in the back or under hood to feed the nitrous some fuel, or surely the fuel pressure the RSX gives off is more than enough, what is it, like 52psi?

#230 ·
lol im hoping the same thing!

Just curious how much every1 has spent on there system, some1 want to pm pricing so i know about how much im looking at this summer? I was thinking 700-1100??

#235 ·
id say 800 is a good round number to spend on a nitrous kit, in the beginning i started with a NOS sniper kit (300) dynotune heater kit (100) switches/wiring shit (20) then had to switch over to dry so another nozzle and i locked up my solenoid cause it was to small to handle a bigger shot so about another (100) then bought a new blue NOS bottle (50), gauge (50) so rougly 620. so depending on the route you go id say 600-800 is right for a good setup. the thing that really gets ya on money will be what happens after you start spraying, things start to wear out faster and to get the full effect you need better things, clutch header exhaust intake and so on

i came across a neat templet for organizing your mods... here ya go, i was really surprised it put everything ive done into prespective and i hadnt realized ive spent that much till today, i also put up a blank one just change around the wording to fit want you want it to be and if you use it be sure to rep josolanes he made it

Attachments

#236 ·
Lol i want to see this template but yes as of now i have i/rh/e/k-pro so i guess next will be rbc manifold then i will do the bottle. Thats abiut was i thinking for price, right around there anyways! I had one for my old mustang but got it used and only spent 500 with a heater and remote bottle opener, but i got a really good deal on that one! I cant wait ti strat spraying this summer though lol

#246 ·
k24a1 motor/SRI/BCRH(for now)/ and i have Kpro, looking at a wet kit with bottle heater/purge, does anyone know of any numbers or a estimated range of what hp/tq i could hit on a 100shot? with Kpro, and a full nitrous tune, will i be safe without upgrading injectors?

#258 ·
Damn son! How did you get that much money..Of course i guess i have a nice car for my age but hopefully when i am in my 20's, i want a vette!! I dont care what anyone says that has always been my "dream" car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.