Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

Nitrous fed k20z3 fully tuned by Muah

8K views 42 replies 16 participants last post by  autiger 
#1 ·
Bottom line is full tune no nitrous top line is with nitrous, both fine tuned by me. 75 shot. Belongs to boost inside on 8th civic. Tuned remotely. Was never in the car

Attachments

See less See more
#8 ·
hey guys, please, respectfully, don't post non-sense or things that don't have anything to do with the results. If you're going to post, post something positive that we can all relate to. I don't want to ask moderators to delete non-sense posts.

Thank you for your cooperation.

#23 ·
T1 recommends wet shot, just had a buddy get tuned there and he said that on his S300 that is all he would ever recommend running on it. And S300 controls nitrous the same way Kpro does. Anyone wanna argue with Tony?

But yeah, you can run dry and its great on Kpro, but I like to do it with wet shot. That is how I will be tuning mine.

I dont see how nitrous would kill a motor unless not properly used or tuned, I think it would last longer than any SCd or TCd motor, cause you can turn this "boost" off when not needed.

#27 ·
what a way to be a fanyboy. I'm not knocking T1 or Tony because they've done great work, but that's just what Tony recommends. That doesn't mean it's the word of god for you bible believers, but I guess it's the word of the fanboy god.

#32 · (Edited)
oh im aware of that, i was just saying that "tony" is wrong and trying to make a point with out getting into all the details, the idea of whether nitrous is safer wet or dry has exhausted in this thread many times over

and i just realized who posted that statement, really man? come on you've hung around here long enough and have been through those conversations even with me personally, im not telling you to do it different but you know how it should be :shady: lol

#34 ·
I think Rav was meaning me. Im not a fanboy, Im not goin to him for tuning. i just know he knows his shit, and well, somebody that reknown should be listened to on some advise. I didnt say, or at least mean that wet is safer on Kpro, i just took the previous thread or two as saying that wet was bad for the K, whether it was meant that way or not, and that dry was the only way. I was stating that wet is ok, and that a well known tuner recomends it. I was actually shocked that he is big on wet shot with Kpro, especially since ClubRSX is so big on dry. I see nothing wrong with either method of nitrous. I may convert one of my stages of nitrous to dry, prob stage 1 through TB, and then following stages to wet. It isnt as hard as all make it to be to tune wet, prob bout as easy as dry if not a lil easier, I havent tuned yet or turned the bottle on so I dont know for myself, but talking with a couple different tuners they seem to think so. But this thread is about the tuning of this particular car, not another wet vs dry thread, sorry that my comment turned it into that and ruined this thread.
Cant wait to see some time slips on this car and how it does.

#37 ·
hey np man, i guess when i first started on here they tore me up pretty bad on what i was doing and shoved the whole kpro dry deal down my throat till i agreed lol but any way sorry for jacking the thread hardcore, back to your tuning :)

#38 ·
The reason why a dry kit is recommended for rsx's is because in order to run a dry kit you need kpro. Then when you have kpro you can retard the timing.
If you just put a wet kit on an rsx without kpro you cannot retard the timing.

Keeping good control on your timing is the best way to make a nitrous motor last.

#39 ·
yeah, I am going to use the nitrous parameters to control my wet shot. Only very minute changes would have to be done to the fueling if any in the parameters, but mainly just the timing controls. I just want Kpro to kick it on and off instead of me. Crazy as it sounds, I trust a computer more than me, lol. I do need to finish tuning my car NA asap, its just I havent even drove it but 8 miles since my half ass safe AF tune last summer, so it hasnt been a priority yet. I am considering getting somebody to help me street tune the car for cruise before I take it to the dyno to tune WOT and nitrous. I have the Kautofuel program on here, but I cant tune, I just mainly "play" on the dyno til the tuner steps in to do it, ha.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.