Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

Ask Your Nitrous Questions Here! (Q/A Thread) Part II

6K views 61 replies 12 participants last post by  K20egcw 
#1 ·
#2 ·
75 pages, I skimmed and couldnt find what Im looking for. I wired my 1st stage up last wednesday, I have been unable to make it work. I wired system up per diagram on Hondata's website. My arming is using B9, and then the other wire going to a ground. My output is using B6 going to the grounds of my solenoids, and then the rest is wired like Hondata and on here. I tested this setup by touching the grounds from the solenoids to a ground and they clicked open, so I know that far is working. So the issue is where that goes into the ECU and/or the other wire that goes to the toggle. I can invert switch and it stays on all the time though.

Also, Im gonna piggy back off this cause I have a feeling if someone answers this question I can figure out why my launch control doesnt work either. If I use E29 to a toggle to the clutch switch( Im gonna x that and use a micro switch to a ground now) it dont work either, but I invert switch and it stays on all the time.

I emailed Hondata, but that was useless, Hondata Customer Service FTL, they just said if it was too difficult for me to go to a shop that knows how. They answered my question like a politic, they did everything but answer it, haha. Its not that hard to do, its just Im missing something here, something soo simple. What is everyone doing for their nitrous through Kpro to get the wiring to work?

#5 · (Edited)
Thanks man, PM sent

Here is exactly how I wired it...

http://www.hondata.com/techkpronitrousdiagram.html
On arming I used B9, and on output I used B6 though

Here is how we have it listed on here, only difference I see is that the toggle goes to positive on ClubRSX instead of ground like Hondata.

#6 ·
Goal: I want to run a small wet shot that sprays not by WOT (tapping into the ecu/wiring), but by a push button that I hold when I want to spray and release when I'm done

Question: How would I wire that up? (i already know about the arming safety switch) Would I still have to tap into the ECU?

#10 ·
ok, I figured out one issue, now another. I swapped my B9 to E22 and wired toggle just like CRSX says. When I hit it first, it popped the 7.5a fuse I had it in, I was sharring that with my tach, the meter fuse. I switched fuses to a 10a for the nitrous. Also, my tuner looked at my relay, and noticed that my buddy wired it up exactly backwards of CRSX/hondata, so we changed that around. Kpro showed nitrous was then armed when switched on. Next issue, we did our pull, showed it was spraying, but we didnt spray anything. Tried 3 more pulls and nothing, and we know the fuel wasnt spraying cause it didnt go pig rich, I didnt pull any timing, and made same hp and trq as NA. We pulled line off and tested it and nothing, then we snipped the wire from 85 and tested it by touching to a ground, and the solenoids fired off. Apparently B6 isnt giving it a good ground or something, true? Should I just go ahead and swap to E21?

#15 ·
lol, be funny, my tuner was laughing saying after I beat someone "yeah and I was riding my brakes while smoking your ass too!" haha. Its fine, jsut I dont want to look retarded going down the track with brake lights on.

#16 · (Edited)
Hey guys, I'm running a wet 50 shot for my type s with an aem cai, megan race headers, and , a skunk 2 exhaust,and i just ran a crx with a h22 swap and got beat by 2 or 3 cars. when i hit nitrous i felt my vteck lag alot, like there wasnt enough power there. if i ran all motor i think i would have been better off, do you guys think it has anything to do with where i drilled the hole on the intake for the nitrous? i drilled the hole even with the termperature gage and i think that wasnt very smart.. anyways i was just wondering if i can get any input on what went wrong.. or if the b20 was just fast as hell.

#20 ·
also, can you datalog to see your AFs? And are you sure it was spraying, Im having an issue with mine not spraying, and if your dry shot that means your Kpro is dumping fuel in and no nitrous. Or bottle pressure, one of the two Im sure. And what do you mean even with the temperature gauge?

#27 · (Edited)
Here is what I'm working with.. I bought a kit off a member here.. I'm piecin stuff together.. so far all I need is a bottle heater/pressure switch, nitrous gauge, injectors (ordering Friday) rdx 410's should be sufficient for a 75 shot.. kit is a direct port wet kit.. I'm thinking that I'm gonna eliminate the fuel solenoid and just wire it up using the single stage diagram through kpro.. waiting on parts above and 75a motor mounts.. then going to install it all.. dyno tune will immediately follow that.. here is a list of my mods:
K20Z1
RBC
Aeromotive FPR
RDX 410 Injectors
Hybrid Racing Fuel Rail
Hondata IMG
AEM CAI
DCRH
Greddy Ti-C 70mm (resonator removed)
Kpro
NOS direct port 75 shot
-6an SS fuel lines

I'm shooting for 300hp...
Here is a pic or two :thumbsup:

#28 ·
Here is what I'm working with.. I bought a kit off a member here.. I'm piecin stuff together.. so far all I need is a bottle heater/pressure switch, nitrous gauge, injectors (ordering Friday) rdx 410's should be sufficient for a 75 shot.. kit is a direct port wet kit.. I'm thinking that I'm gonna eliminate the fuel solenoid and just wire it up using the single stage diagram through kpro.. waiting on parts above and 75a motor mounts.. then going to install it all.. dyno tune will immediately follow that.. here is a list of my mods:
K20Z1
RBC
Aeromotive FPR
Hybrid Racing Fuel Rail
Hondata IMG
AEM CAI
DCRH
Greddy Ti-C 70mm (resonator removed)
Kpro
NOS direct port 75 shot
-6an SS fuel lines

I'm shooting for 300hp...
Here is a pic or two :thumbsup:

Thats a nice lookin setup, I like how there is 9* fittings off the nozzles.

#31 ·
What's the inner diameter of your fuel lines? I found some nice looking black lines but I don't know what inner diameter I should use for a -6AN fittinbug.
When I bought the fitting I asked for stel braided hose to fit them and the guy told me the hose was also sized as -6an.. but he also told me that u had to use steel braided hose with those compression type fittings like where mine goes into the fpr.. but I honestly don't know the interior diameter of the hose..

#38 · (Edited)
Some places can order them in whatever length you'd like, but most places you buy the braided line can make your specific length too. You can make it yourself also, but I think the fittings are a little different cause the inner part is teflon instead of rubber and different end fittings..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.