Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

Ask Your Nitrous Questions Here! (Q/A Thread)

95K views 359 replies 80 participants last post by  Corona951 
#1 ·
I am wanting to start to run Nitrous in my rsx. I was wondering if anyone company is more reliable or better for parts.

#46 ·
Ok quick question guys...if I am looking for nitrous jets for a 75shot. I am going to need 44/26 jets. Is there a difference between the fuel jet and the bottle jet? I guess what I'm asking is for ordering purposes do I just order a single 44 jet and a single 26 jet?

#48 · (Edited)
hey guys, I'm just finishing my Zex wet shot install. I have kpro but I am currently not planning on running it through kpro until I have the money to have it tuned.
My question is I have 3 wires coming from the Zex box... can someone tell me how to wire them? My assumption is that one wire goes to the TPS to see WOT and then one wire is grounded and the last wire goes to a 12v source with an in-line toggle switch for arming the system. Is this correct? And if so which wire on the TPS do I tap into? Thanks

#51 ·
i have 2 more questions for you guys regarding 12.5CR k24 on e85. plan on running a 100shot, maybe 125, what would i nee for injectors? it will be direct port and dry. i was thinking like 650s?

next question is, what would i need for a fogger for direct port dry? ive seen those fuel injector rings, and im not to sure about them, and they also have a fuel port for wet, and the only other foggers ive seen are for wet. all the dry foggers seem to huge to stick into a runner.

#59 · (Edited)
I bought a Nx dry kit 3 month ago and I got a problem. Well it's not working. I got my relay i got my pin30 that is wired directly to the battery ( with a 40amp fused). I got my pin 85 that is wired to the output E21 of the kpro , thepin 86 that is 12v keyed from my cigarett lighter and the pin 87 that goes directly to the solenoid.

I runned a couple of test to try to find the problem

-first the relay is changing position where the conditions of the kpro that I set are meet

-The pin85 is giving 12v when the condition ARE NOT meet and then give a 0v when theyre meet (like its supposed to be)

-the pin 86 is always at 12v

-I looked at the pin87 and it got 0v when theyre not meet and when they are they have 9.45v going to the solenoid.

So I said wtf my solenoid is broken cause it were all suposed to work fine...

So I took the wire of the pin87. Cut it and put it directly to the battery and the solenoid was working now...

Another weird thing is that after I tried so pull and some test when I turn of the key the solenoid work for a sec like a purge

Can Anyone Help me ? :fuu: Please and thank you for help:fuu:

Ran another and found where was the problem. Its really the E21 connector that doesnt send the ground to the relay. I jumped a ground to the 85pin and the solenoid opened when I was keyed. So I dont really know what to do I think Ill just try with e20 cause my smelt was well done and it was not working.. Open for some opinions

#60 ·
100+ shot guys chime in.........

Been running an 80 shot for awhile now, but wanna step up to 100+ shot. Ive been told with a 100 shot to retard ignition timing by 2 degrees. The current kal im running has ignition advanced 9 degrees over stock in some areas. My question is if i retard ignition timing by 2 degrees on a 100 shot (Im stiil 7 degrees above stock timing) is this gonna be safe? Should I retard timing more then 2 degrees in nitrous parameters?

#71 ·
im running 100 shot..i retard the ignition timing 3 degrees

as for the skunk2 fuel rail..i use to have it but i got a gas leak from the left side of the fuel rail..i put 20k miles on it ..double check o rings and it was fine..turn out the skunk2 fuel rail got damage which i dont know how[crack underneath where the injector slides in]..samething happen to my friend with the skunk2 fuel rail but his happened a 2 months before it happen to me..i switched out to aem fuel rail and put 30k miles on it and nothing happen..all o ring was replaced before installing both fuel rail..seem like the aem fuel rail is holding very good for my nitrous setup

#65 ·
just checking to make sure Im not missing anything...
I have a dry nitrous kit that I bought from DynoTune
everything is wired up (activation switch, kpro, etc)
I have RC650cc injectors
Ngk 8s
bottle warmer
pressure gauge

I dont have a 255 fuel pump, but I hear people use the stock one also. Im spraying 125 shot and would like to be sure nothing is missing before my tune.
Thanks

#74 ·
quick question. is it a bad idea to go nitrous with reflash ? like i know people who dont have anything (kpro or reflash) and shoot 75 wet all the time with h/i/e with no problems...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.